「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 9, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #114,796 of 177,750

Speaking of top notch.  I recently got a Vita, and I'm really enjoying Persona 4 Golden.  Pretty catchy music. 

I guess. Persona 3 had really good soundtrack as well. Although the cheesy Rap/maybe R&B influences are kinda offputing for some. I doidn't really mind it that much.

And Danganronpa, while we're at it. If you haven't played the PSP fan translation, you can do it now officially. :-D

Also, since we're talking Boku No Pico, well yeah. I watched it. Actually, out of curiosity. It was... bad. Not of the "so bad it's actually funny", like those that actually are being wtched during conventions. Just plain bad.

And about languages: interesting, I had to learn English pretty much since 2nd grade in primary school until the end of highschool with some more technical English in uni. A third language... don't remember when I had to start (3rd grade?) but I also had it until the end of highschool. I myself had German (since I live <100 Km from the border) but in highschool there was also Spanish/French/Latin available. Not sure about third languages taught at schools in other parts of the country.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #114,797 of 177,750
Believe it or not, most 'hunters' and gun wielders in the USA are respectable, do it right etc.

The convervative countryside(read80% of Murica) has roots in this stuff, from what I've seen, is pretty respectful, and follow the legal rules etc for tagging, how to 'kill' with the least pain etc etc.

RespectfulHunter™: I respect you deer so I'm a shot this here lead at your face.

InnocentDeer™: Pls mister, I have a family. I don't want to die.

RespectfulHunter™: Don't be silly deer.

Baby deer sees dady through the forest from afar, he begins to walk towards him. A shot is fired, baby deer speeds up. As baby deer approaches father, baby deer witnesses something he will never forget.

RespectfulHunterSon: Great shot dad!

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #114,798 of 177,750
"Death Grips releases half of new album, features Björk on every track"

this is "niggas on the moon", featuring björk on all 8 tracks
it is the first installment of our new double album, "the powers that b", due out later this year on Harvest/Third Worlds Records.
the second disc is titled "jenny death".

peace & love
have a sad cum bb

-us
(GAF thread about it)

Umm... OK... I don't even like them that much or anything, but this looks... interesting to say the least.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #114,799 of 177,750

Believe it or not, most 'hunters' and gun wielders in the USA are respectable, do it right etc.

The convervative countryside(read80% of Murica) has roots in this stuff, from what I've seen, is pretty respectful, and follow the legal rules etc for tagging, how to 'kill' with the least pain etc etc.

RespectfulHunter™: I respect you deer so I'm a shot this here lead at your face.

Baby deer sees dady through the forest from afar, he begins to walk towards him. A shot is fired, baby deer speeds up. As baby deer approaches father, baby deer witnesses something he will never forget.

If they eat the deer for dinner, I don't see what is wrong, only when they leave it to rot then it can hardly be justified. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #114,800 of 177,750

Isn't this basically Bambi?

bambi-blood.jpg

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #114,801 of 177,750
Jun 9, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #114,802 of 177,750
  I guess. Persona 3 had really good soundtrack as well. Although the cheesy Rap/maybe R&B influences are kinda offputing for some. I doidn't really mind it that much.

And Danganronpa, while we're at it. If you haven't played the PSP fan translation, you can do it now officially. :-D

Also, since we're talking Boku No Pico, well yeah. I watched it. Actually, out of curiosity. It was... bad. Not of the "so bad it's actually funny", like those that actually are being wtched during conventions. Just plain bad.

And about languages: interesting, I had to learn English pretty much since 2nd grade in primary school until the end of highschool with some more technical English in uni. A third language... don't remember when I had to start (3rd grade?) but I also had it until the end of highschool. I myself had German (since I live <100 Km from the border) but in highschool there was also Spanish/French/Latin available. Not sure about third languages taught at schools in other parts of the country.

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #114,804 of 177,750
  On Hyouka
I'm having very conflicting thoughts about the show. Currently on 12, and I've noticed that the show, like you say, uses a lot of mellow SoL mystery's. They aren't exactly all that interesting during 'down' times and so, the show will often use Chitanda doing cute things, or sly things from the MC and Chitanda to fill in. The OP and ED's of both 1 and 2 are also extremely suggestive of these themes theya re using.

And thus the issue is that I can't but help to be conflicted by if Hyouka is mearley a show with a plan to be mellow with mystery's that realizes it needs Chitanda cuteness or else nobody would give a rats ass about it, or if it is a show that is great at execution and is about to meld everything together. 

Watching the show solely for the mysteries is a free ride to diappointment city :p
Nothing much to see there (which I enjoy...no murder/demon/illuminati stuff for once).
I would say the show is more about the characters, their interactions and their different roles in the mysteries.
All of them are more "human" than your average "I only need one word to describe this character"-character. They also develope in a relateable way.
Keep an eye on Satoshi :wink:
I think people who want to watch the show only for Chitanda are also gonna get disappointed. She doesn't get thaaat much screen time and isn't really doing anything moe half of the time.
So I would say you have to take this show as a whole or leave it completely.
That's also what most reviews on MAL say...almost all of them acknowledge that Chitanda is there aaaaand that's about it.
I really don't see why anyone would watch the show just because of her or keep watching it just because of her.
That's like watching NGE for the mechs :p

This is the only thing that's stopping me from watching the new animes:

If I run out of quota before the usage cycle ends, the already slow ADSL2+ speeds drop to dial-up!

I would probably never be affected by this fair use/data cap crap (not downloading games/anime) but I'm still glad that this is not a thing here in Germany.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bowei

Horrifyingly accurate, except the women part.

I would like to be a bowei (never thought I would say such a thing).

On Hyouka
Ain't nothing wrong with a crowd drawing panda

Too late, Mr. 33kPosts

What. The. ****.

The video is alright.

C'est un sacrilège! On n'oublie pas la langue française comme ca. Il ne faut pas la détester, il faut l'aimer cette belle langue qu'on appelle le français! Regarde tous les français, nous somme tellement fière de notre langue que on s'en FOUT des autres langues!
Cela est un plaisir de vous rencontrer monsieur, je vais m'y en aller et déguster un bon camembert avec une baguette et un verre de bordeaux. 
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, French is not an easy language to master if it's not your mother tongue. Though I'm the exception here since my mother tongue is Indonesian but went into French school since I was a kid. Now, I'm pretty much fluent.

I can actually understand most of that. Can't even build a simple sentence though.

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #114,805 of 177,750

PERSONAAAAAAAAAAA!
They announced P4G for the PS3, didn't they? Must-buy.

But headshots are not allowed! Duuuuuh!

"Death Grips releases half of new album, features Björk on every track"

Umm... OK... I don't even like them that much or anything, but this looks... interesting to say the least.

Oh my god. Collaboration straight out of hell.
Why does everyone love Death Grips so much?! I really really don't like him :/

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #114,806 of 177,750
Only five hours till the E3 streams start :3
So so much stuff to watch in the next few days....

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #114,807 of 177,750
It's E3 again? Time sure gotta go fast. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #114,809 of 177,750
Just found out that Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra recorded music for Ace Combat 5 and quite a few nice things.

The Philharmonic has recorded music for several anime series. Notable shows include Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte CristoCowboy BebopSoukyuu no FafnerGiant Robo: The AnimationAh! My Goddess: The MoviePrincess NineVision of EscaflowneWolf's RainHellsing UltimateGenesis of Aquarion,[2] and more recently, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It has also recorded music for Namco's Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, and together with the Hollywood Session Orchestra, for the SEGA action-RPG Phantasy Star Universe. The orchestra was involved in a major performance for the film Avalon, composed by Kenji Kawai, and part of a performance is shown in the film. Most recently, they have recorded music for the Square Enix role-playing video game Final Fantasy XIII.

Only heard about Avalon and "Ave Maria" in Cowboy Bebop being performed by a Polish opera singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back