「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #109,081 of 177,750
  LOL! I kind of want to try that. I can't say I've ever had snake and I'm pretty sure most of my friends haven't either...

Apparently, it tastes like chicken. But then again, everything exotic always tastes like chicken!

@everyone else...urg I haven't really watched much anime recently. Been busy with DiY and other stuff. I am a disappointment to this thread 
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #109,082 of 177,750
What's so special about Bravely Default again? From what my brother has said about the game, and from what Atominator99 has said, it seems like it's just a remixed Final Fantasy game...

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's an excellent entry into the genre.  Easy to pick up, fun mechanics, and so far an amusing story line.  Mind you I've only ever played Final Fantasy III on the DS.  The way I see and understand it, Square Enix finally managed to publish something worth buying on the 3DS.  Goes to show that you don't need a triple A budget to have a successful game.  I'm looking forward to the sequel, and who knows... might take a look into Final Fantasy over the summer as well. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #109,083 of 177,750
Wow my currently watching list is down to only 12 series! I hope I wont like as much stuff next season so I can catch up on my backlog. Let's score the stuff I completed over the weekend.

Kill la Kill: 7/10.... A lot of fun, I dropped it after ep 4 but picked it up again when they hit ep 7 or so. Not QUITE my type of humor, but it sure was pretty. Finished a lot stronger than the first 13 episodes had me expecting.

Mahou Sensou: 4/10.... Someone (boris?) said exactly how I felt with this one, how can you screw up a well used but solid plot setup like this as much as they did? It was so.... odd, this very serious tone with too-cute character actions and characters I didn't give a crap about at all, was hoping they'd all die by the end.

Wake up Girls: 6/10.... I struggled with the scoring on this one, I really want to give it a 7, but it just was missing something intangible. Maybe if their manager mattered more and had a story? I liked how they developed all of the girls, but their stories were only pertinent until they got over their differences.... I guess the last arc leading up to the concert felt empty to me, proof being the Otaku guys were the best part at the end.

Strike the Blood: 6/10.... I think this could have been better if the main girl wasn't a tad annoying to me. Classic harem anime, not enough special about it to make it stand out and get a higher score.

Sekai Seifuku: 6/10.... I love that A-1 has the budget to do out-there series sometimes. This one looks great and had some fun moments. Felt like it was confused as to whether it was a pure comedy or light drama.

Pupipo!: 6/10.... Wow the story in this short was way more tragic than I would have thought.

Sakura Trick: 8/10.... Guilty pleasure, way better than I would have thought it would be after the first 3-4 episodes.

Space Dandy: 7/10.... Very polarizing, I enjoyed it's goofy comedy, great OST, and beautiful animation.

Nourin: 6/10.... This show started off with a very dirty sense of humor, then toned it down a ton as it went on. Would have preferred some consistency, it didn't have to all be dirty, or it could have been, but both made it feel like 2 separate shows..

Nobunagun: 5/10.... I don't tend to like shounen series, didn't even think the action was all that great in this and that's kind of Nobunagun's raison d'être.

Magi 2: 7/10.... Started well, had a HUGE boring dip in the middle, ended pretty well. I enjoy the fantasy aspect of this series more than anything.

Wizard Barristers: 6/10.... TYG's favorite show this season :p .... if this didn't have mechas and focused on the lore, it probably would have been better

Tonari no Seki-kun: 6/10.... I was surprised by how tired I got of this show by the end. Still pretty original.

I dropped Mahou Sensou. Two episodes in and I could see the schiit leaking out of it.

If we soley use Enjoyability scores from me: (normal scale)

Kill la Kill: 7.5/10
Wake up Girls: 7.5/10
Nobunaga The Fool:7/10
Witch Craft works: 8/10
Nisekoi: 8.5/10
Golden Time: 8/10
Noragami:7/10
Imocho:7.5/10
Chuunibyou: 7.8/10
Buddy Complex: 7.3/10
The Pilot's Love song: 8.8/10

PLS LAST EP IS OUTTTTT

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #109,085 of 177,750

LOL! I kind of want to try that. I can't say I've ever had snake and I'm pretty sure most of my friends haven't either...

Apparently, it tastes like chicken. But then again, everything exotic always tastes like chicken!

@everyone else...urg I haven't really watched much anime recently. Been busy with DiY and other stuff. I am a disappointment to this thread 
biggrin.gif

Chicken doesn't have much flavor by itself, so of course everything else tastes a bit like the thing without much flavor!

I know the feeling dude. I had a week long break and only watched one episode :|

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #109,087 of 177,750
What's so special about Bravely Default again? From what my brother has said about the game, and from what Atominator99 has said, it seems like it's just a remixed Final Fantasy game...

It's basically the best Final Fantasy since FF10. And what's so bad about very good FF clones? :D

You are mistaking my thinking process which is based in philosophy.

But I do agree with you, those guys that do this are ******** and should be prosecuted if we use a universal law for crimes against Earth.

But as a pessimistic objectivist. I take sides with everyone and the entire world. I'm an enviromentalist but can also sternly put my vote towards those that pollute a schiit ton.

Huh, I guess I misunderstood you there. Kind of.
I still don't see why you risk being misunderstood by playing devils advocate but whatever ^o^

Kill la Kill: 7.5/10
Wake up Girls: 7.5/10
Nobunaga The Fool:7/10
Witch Craft works: 8/10
Nisekoi: 8.5/10
Golden Time: 8/10
Noragami:7/10
Imocho:7.5/10
Chuunibyou: 7.8/10
Buddy Complex: 7.3/10
The Pilot's Love song: 8.8/10

You forgot Space Dandy.

What a great way to put a schiit ton of toppings on your sushi!

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #109,088 of 177,750
  It's basically the best Final Fantasy since FF10. And what's so bad about very good FF clones? :D

Huh, I guess I misunderstood you there. Kind of.
I still don't see why you risk being misunderstood by playing devils advocate but whatever ^o^

You forgot Space Dandy.

What a great way to put a schiit ton of toppings on your sushi!

It's the only way I have at getting back at the world in a tongue in cheek manner

Half the 'analyzation' I read is on pro USA or pro Western policies. Obviously because I search and read stuff in English. 

Most of the time, it pisses me off when the strategies they mention and keep on mentioning are for 'national interests' or are not objective at all and are pretty one sided.

Hence why I play extreme devils's advocate nowadays and why I use an absolute dominion type of strategy. As a way of getting back at the world and its subjectivists in every country.

So yes. Something along the lines of that could be

USA:
USA needs to redouble efforts to stop Russsian advancements, and stop Crimea from joining it. Connections with current interim Ukrain government are needed, and a stop to Chinese blah blah

Russia:
Need to get Crimea recognized maybe, as a way to get a sea route for military and economic purposes. Need to stop NATO efforts.

Japan:
Needs to pick sides a bit and word stuff nicely so that 'getting better' relations with Russia and China that have been in the works don't go to hell. Also, need to redouble efforts in whaling and all that schiit.

There is a 'con and pro' to everything I listed and said there. Where it typically depends on what nationality you are in what side you take. Hence why I do devil's advocate. As a way to show that there is no right answer and that every country does indeed has its own national interests and wants.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #109,089 of 177,750
atsmile.gif

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-03-31/winners-of-noitamina-10th-anniversary-fan-vote-announced

Miss Noitamina (Best female character in a Noitamina anime series) - Akane Tsunemori (Psycho-Pass, 21.4% of votes)

Mister Noitamina (Best male character in a Noitamina anime series) - Shinya Kogami (Psycho-Pass, 17.6% of votes)

Best episode - Psycho-Pass episode 11 (that episode really was stunning)

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #109,090 of 177,750

You forgot Space Dandy.

Stopped at episode 7
tongue_smile.gif

Since its not linear, recommend me the good episodes. I really can't be arsed at its schitty themes. The show does try at being something a bit 'bigger' in the back. We can tell this by the amount of PR that happened from an English wrong translation that would change the theme and characterization a bit. But yeah, I'm not really in in the show.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #109,091 of 177,750
  It's the only way I have at getting back at the world in a tongue in cheek manner
  There is a 'con and pro' to everything I listed and said there. Where it typically depends on what nationality you are in what side you take. Hence why I do devil's advocate. As a way to show that there is no right answer and that every country does indeed has its own national interests and wants.

I believe (or at least I want to believe) that most people are aware of the fact the nothing that is happening in this world is clearly black or white. It's just that people are too lazy to take every POV into account. Making decisions that way is also a lot faster and being fast is kind of important nowadays.
It's complicated :|

Stopped at episode 7
tongue_smile.gif

Since its not linear, recommend me the good episodes. I really can't be arsed at its schitty themes. The show does try at being something a bit 'bigger' in the back. We can tell this by the amount of PR that happened from an English wrong translation that would change the theme and characterization a bit. But yeah, I'm not really in in the show.

9, 10, 11 and 13

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #109,092 of 177,750
  I believe (or at least I want to believe) that most people are aware of the fact the nothing that is happening in this world is clearly black or white. It's just that people are too lazy to take every POV into account. Making decisions that way is also a lot faster and being fast is kind of important nowadays.
It's complicated :|

9, 10, 11 and 13

I find that there are two types of consciousness usually.

The main one where nobody thinks and doesn't realize stuff and the second where only once you askt hem a question do they use their brains.

Like where if you ask students in class to identify biased sources, they can find a schiit ton of them and explain why. but outside of it, they are constantly 'learning' from them and what not.

It takes a lot of effort, but I do it when I hear of news and read news media. And it's also because I don't make the decisions. I just tell people the opinion of a country and they should do in their best national interests or as I call it, the Absolute Dominion principle. 

Objectively:
But seriously, Japan in its national interests needs to get their whaling and fishing schiit back. Too much is at stake for them.

Subjectively:
IMO, they should get it back, AND USE this as a warning to slowly and assuredly transform the fishing industry of their nation to a more sustainable yet still culturally acceptable one within the next ten years. 

The other option I mean is to let the entire industry, its families and coastal towns just die off....but that isn't a modern option. 

Let this be a stern warning to Japan that either they get a bigger d*** in the world through massive economic gains or military gains... or to **** about their whaling. You want to keep whaling Japan? Get a bigger army and economy, and better diplomatic connections. 3/4 of your Asian neighboring countries officially hate you on a political level. (I'm being specific with this in saying that Japan is hated on a political level in government through official statements) 

Gatcha, and thanks.

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #109,094 of 177,750
Holy fu.ck, corporations always ruining everything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794069

Corporations always ruin everything?

That is not true most of the time. It's the times they **** up that we hear about it.

Our society today loves negative news, nobody cares for positive ones.

News:
And here we are today Bob, all the corporations in our world are posting record highs. Mountain Dew just donated ____, and nothing is going bad in Steve's office in South carolina

People don't care about hearing how life is continuing and how everyone is doing their jobs well and how stuff happens. People just don't.

Example to you guys:

Tell me how Logitech, 7 Eleven, and Crytek has been doing in the past 6 months?

The answer is just fine. They do some humanitarian like stuff every now and then, good-will every now and then, and life continues there. When they don't screw stuff up. You don't hear about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back