「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #109,067 of 177,750
Refocusing on heavy JRPGs? Does that mean either kill "Final Fantasy" and start anew (just want to see Lightning buried, sealed shut and welded, thrown into a volcano, and forgotten)? Maybe they shouldn't bother with FF anymore considering the last few games were associated with "press X to see cutscene" for the most part.

Lightning really needs to die.
I would be totally okay with a lot more Bravely Default sequels :|

New FITEARS! So hyped right now. More hyped than KLK.

:wink:

Someone in Japan failed at his job.
As of this moment Japan needs to redouble its efforts in getting whaling back or face consequences on its social economy.

Whoever this person is needs a promotion right now.
You are totally right. Japan also should double it's efforts in getting all pandas, tigers and sharks extinct. I mean, where would Japan be without killing thousands of whales each year in the name of science? No running water, no electricity, a GDP below the one of Zimbabwe and famines everywhere because whales are the main source of food over there.
Poor Japan. We will miss you.

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #109,068 of 177,750
Wow my currently watching list is down to only 12 series! I hope I wont like as much stuff next season so I can catch up on my backlog. Let's score the stuff I completed over the weekend.

Kill la Kill: 7/10.... A lot of fun, I dropped it after ep 4 but picked it up again when they hit ep 7 or so. Not QUITE my type of humor, but it sure was pretty. Finished a lot stronger than the first 13 episodes had me expecting.

Mahou Sensou: 4/10.... Someone (boris?) said exactly how I felt with this one, how can you screw up a well used but solid plot setup like this as much as they did? It was so.... odd, this very serious tone with too-cute character actions and characters I didn't give a crap about at all, was hoping they'd all die by the end.

Wake up Girls: 6/10.... I struggled with the scoring on this one, I really want to give it a 7, but it just was missing something intangible. Maybe if their manager mattered more and had a story? I liked how they developed all of the girls, but their stories were only pertinent until they got over their differences.... I guess the last arc leading up to the concert felt empty to me, proof being the Otaku guys were the best part at the end.

Strike the Blood: 6/10.... I think this could have been better if the main girl wasn't a tad annoying to me. Classic harem anime, not enough special about it to make it stand out and get a higher score.

Sekai Seifuku: 6/10.... I love that A-1 has the budget to do out-there series sometimes. This one looks great and had some fun moments. Felt like it was confused as to whether it was a pure comedy or light drama.

Pupipo!: 6/10.... Wow the story in this short was way more tragic than I would have thought.

Sakura Trick: 8/10.... Guilty pleasure, way better than I would have thought it would be after the first 3-4 episodes.

Space Dandy: 7/10.... Very polarizing, I enjoyed it's goofy comedy, great OST, and beautiful animation.

Nourin: 6/10.... This show started off with a very dirty sense of humor, then toned it down a ton as it went on. Would have preferred some consistency, it didn't have to all be dirty, or it could have been, but both made it feel like 2 separate shows..

Nobunagun: 5/10.... I don't tend to like shounen series, didn't even think the action was all that great in this and that's kind of Nobunagun's raison d'être.

Magi 2: 7/10.... Started well, had a HUGE boring dip in the middle, ended pretty well. I enjoy the fantasy aspect of this series more than anything.

Wizard Barristers: 6/10.... TYG's favorite show this season :p .... if this didn't have mechas and focused on the lore, it probably would have been better

Tonari no Seki-kun: 6/10.... I was surprised by how tired I got of this show by the end. Still pretty original.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #109,069 of 177,750
Refocusing on heavy JRPGs? Does that mean either kill "Final Fantasy" and start anew (just want to see Lightning buried, sealed shut and welded, thrown into a volcano, and forgotten)? Maybe they shouldn't bother with FF anymore considering the last few games were associated with "press X to see cutscene" for the most part.

What's so special about Bravely Default again? From what my brother has said about the game, and from what Atominator99 has said, it seems like it's just a remixed Final Fantasy game...

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #109,071 of 177,750

:wink:

Whoever this person is needs a promotion right now.
You are totally right. Japan also should double it's efforts in getting all pandas, tigers and sharks extinct. I mean, where would Japan be without killing thousands of whales each year in the name of science? No running water, no electricity, a GDP below the one of Zimbabwe and famines everywhere because whales are the main source of food over there.
Poor Japan. We will miss you.

You are mistaking my thinking process which is based in philosophy.

But I do agree with you, those guys that do this are ******** and should be prosecuted if we use a universal law for crimes against Earth.

But as a pessimistic objectivist. I take sides with everyone and the entire world. I'm an enviromentalist but can also sternly put my vote towards those that pollute a schiit ton.

The idea being that I put myself into their position, the position of that entity or country's national interests or a manager in that guy's position as well as my own.

If I put myself into the position of that man that screwed it up. I see the following:

1. Whaling and all those schitty activities is historical and contributes to culture
  2. Culture is dying a bit and needs rejuvination
  3. Millions of Japanese directly or indirectly rely on this industry. In a hard economy, many will fall on hard times, historic structures will close and they will be a burden to society.
  4. Tens of millions if not hundreds of them around Japan,Asia, and the world rely on this industry for (fake ass) medical supplements, food, and pleasure eating.

Thus as a man in the position of Japan. Losing this will be a catastrophic blow to Japan and should not be allowed to happen.

Doing this sucks yes, being objective to the point of evil in a way. But guess what, nobody else does this, someone has to. As a way to be a devil's advocate and to truly see both sides of the story.

But yes, as a subjective opinion. I see humans to be on the same level as everything else. Sure, closing this industry or prosecuting poachers may starve and kill those industries or African families who rely on poaching/killing as their industry. But with such a plentiful human race and our past crimes against Earth. Screw those guys.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #109,072 of 177,750

What's so special about Bravely Default again? From what my brother has said about the game, and from what Atominator99 has said, it seems like it's just a remixed Final Fantasy game...

in light of ff13, that's a Good Thing.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #109,076 of 177,750

in light of ff13, that's a Good Thing.

Ah, fair enough. :)

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #109,077 of 177,750
Wow my currently watching list is down to only 12 series! I hope I wont like as much stuff next season so I can catch up on my backlog. Let's score the stuff I completed over the weekend.

Kill la Kill: 7/10.... A lot of fun, I dropped it after ep 4 but picked it up again when they hit ep 7 or so. Not QUITE my type of humor, but it sure was pretty. Finished a lot stronger than the first 13 episodes had me expecting.

Mahou Sensou: 4/10.... Someone (boris?) said exactly how I felt with this one, how can you screw up a well used but solid plot setup like this as much as they did? It was so.... odd, this very serious tone with too-cute character actions and characters I didn't give a crap about at all, was hoping they'd all die by the end.

Wake up Girls: 6/10.... I struggled with the scoring on this one, I really want to give it a 7, but it just was missing something intangible. Maybe if their manager mattered more and had a story? I liked how they developed all of the girls, but their stories were only pertinent until they got over their differences.... I guess the last arc leading up to the concert felt empty to me, proof being the Otaku guys were the best part at the end.

Strike the Blood: 6/10.... I think this could have been better if the main girl wasn't a tad annoying to me. Classic harem anime, not enough special about it to make it stand out and get a higher score.

Sekai Seifuku: 6/10.... I love that A-1 has the budget to do out-there series sometimes. This one looks great and had some fun moments. Felt like it was confused as to whether it was a pure comedy or light drama.

Pupipo!: 6/10.... Wow the story in this short was way more tragic than I would have thought.

Sakura Trick: 8/10.... Guilty pleasure, way better than I would have thought it would be after the first 3-4 episodes.

Space Dandy: 7/10.... Very polarizing, I enjoyed it's goofy comedy, great OST, and beautiful animation.

Nourin: 6/10.... This show started off with a very dirty sense of humor, then toned it down a ton as it went on. Would have preferred some consistency, it didn't have to all be dirty, or it could have been, but both made it feel like 2 separate shows..

Nobunagun: 5/10.... I don't tend to like shounen series, didn't even think the action was all that great in this and that's kind of Nobunagun's raison d'être.

Magi 2: 7/10.... Started well, had a HUGE boring dip in the middle, ended pretty well. I enjoy the fantasy aspect of this series more than anything.

Wizard Barristers: 6/10.... TYG's favorite show this season :p .... if this didn't have mechas and focused on the lore, it probably would have been better

Tonari no Seki-kun: 6/10.... I was surprised by how tired I got of this show by the end. Still pretty original.

You've been busy,

I think Space Dandy was my favorite show this season. Seeing some of the biggest names in anime goof off and burn money really worked out well. The animation alone was enough, but some of the stories hit pretty close to home.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #109,078 of 177,750
  You've been busy,

I think Space Dandy was my favorite show this season. Seeing some of the biggest names in anime goof off and burn money really worked out well. The animation alone was enough, but some of the stories hit pretty close to home.

This. My favorite episode was probably

The one about being stuck in an infinite time loop. Reminds me of how most of our lives are basically like that. The music for that was also great. Reminds me of a nice, relaxing day (some of you might know which track I'm talking about).
ANATATO is also a nice song from the OST.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #109,079 of 177,750
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/06/future-shock-the-emergence-of-detroit-techno-told-by-wax-poetics/

You can ignore that, someone linked this on /mu/ saying it's good - just saving this so I don't forget to read it when I can.
That is, unless you want to read about Detroit Techno.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #109,080 of 177,750

‘’Snake soup‘’
popcorn.gif
 #Yum#

LOL! I kind of want to try that. I can't say I've ever had snake and I'm pretty sure most of my friends haven't either...

heathens. Yukarin is best girl. @mechy, the best girl is yukarin tie better be ******* worth it lol, for my sake.

Lmaooo, I will hold off on my best girl claims until I finish watching the series.
How can you go wrong with the anglerfish though?

Nooo!!

Also, this site will be the death of me:

Ooh shirts, nice! 
Need to find some tall shirts someday that I can wear. Most of these anime shirts would be way too short for my almost 2m self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back