「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 1, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #106,456 of 177,744
Why does no one talk about the food of Japan when someone goes there? Everyone just seems to talk about otaku stuff. XD

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jiro_dreams_of_sushi/

Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe the only people on this thread who have gone to Japan (or just most people our age interested in going to Japan) are otaku?

Not only that, but according to some of the Japanese folks I've talked to, sushi is a bit of a rarity there because of how expensive fish is. XD

Yeah but of all the things to do in Japan, or any country really... >.>

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #106,457 of 177,744
  Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe the only people on this thread who have gone to Japan (or just most people our age interested in going to Japan) are otaku?

Not only that, but according to some of the Japanese folks I've talked to, sushi is a bit of a rarity there because of how expensive fish is. XD

That is true. I wasn't too crazy about the food in Japan, they don't eat excessive amounts compared to other asian countries.

I didn't go to Japan for the food, I went to Japan for the crazy technology and whatnot. Well funny thing is, I didn't really see that much technology advancement in consumer goods, just lifestyle technology. In which a sense I guess was even better. E.g. phone technology, instant customer service, sky trains, convenient stores are literally convenient...

AKIHABARA HAD MAIDS WALKING AROUND @-@

But if you wanted food, and TONS of it, go to other asian countries. I spent $5 on a stack of butterfly shrimp that was the size of my hand, miso soup, ketchup fried rice....
In Canada.. $5 would get me a fish burger and medium fries...

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #106,458 of 177,744
  I'm my own entity, country, and person. Just that

In short: My name is Bo-wei. Panda-man for those of you that don't know chinese.
  Grr, why didn't I try animal style when I went there when I went down to LA last year? D:

I don't think there are many burger places that beat Dick's for the bang for your buck. :3

Five Guys was sort of meh for me too; the buns seem to always be soggy with that dry patty grease or something according to Michelle XD

haha. ha. 
the first few times I went through that with a clean mind. Just recently I didn't though ):
In-N-Out is sooo much better than the bigger burger chains. Imo.

I didn't like steak and shake, they were too expensive for what you got.

Yeah five guys is awesome.

Guess it's dependent on the person then 
tongue.gif

Here it's relatively cheap for what's gotten. Then again, I guess it's where you are. 

Legend of the Galactic Hero's.

Most Favorite all time:
Bitter Virgin

putin talk

I swear there's a correlation between people that like CG and LotGH.
Bowei is clearly a pervert in saying that he likes "bitter virgin". Man. Or just some lover of bad tasting alcohol drinks. 
wink.gif

Putin does have character, which I also like. But I don't like the policies and the way things are done (such as the "elections") 
tongue.gif

New member here guys. Been reading the last few pages and all this food talk is making me hungry. Fries yum!

Quick question: what's everyone's favorite Manga?

My favorite is "Girl the Wild's"

Manga? Too many favorites :0 Current one would probably be Akame ga Kill
Can't say I like any web toons though.

Welcome, my good chap. Welcome to the dark side of head-fi 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit:
I never knew that wi-fi was a pun on hi-fi until about a month ago...

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #106,459 of 177,744

AKIHABARA HAD MAIDS WALKING AROUND @-@

Doesn't it feel.. kinda fake? and awkward to have maids serve you? I never really understood that type of roleplay.

Meaning, I probably wouldn't be able to control myself and would laugh if I was in one of those maid cafes

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #106,460 of 177,744
  Doesn't it feel.. kinda fake? and awkward to have maids serve you? I never really understood that type of roleplay.

Meaning, I probably wouldn't be able to control myself and would laugh if I was in one of those maid cafes

While some dads bring their kids to play with the maids there......
''Well well well respect the culture : 3 ''

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #106,461 of 177,744
  In short: My name is Bo-wei. Panda-man for those of you that don't know chinese.
haha. ha. 
the first few times I went through that with a clean mind. Just recently I didn't though ):
Guess it's dependent on the person then 
tongue.gif

Here it's relatively cheap for what's gotten. Then again, I guess it's where you are. 
I swear there's a correlation between people that like CG and LotGH.
Bowei is clearly a pervert in saying that he likes "bitter virgin". Man. Or just some lover of bad tasting alcohol drinks. 
wink.gif

Putin does have character, which I also like. But I don't like the policies and the way things are done (such as the "elections") 
tongue.gif

Manga? Too many favorites :0 Current one would probably be Akame ga Kill
Can't say I like any web toons though.

Welcome, my good chap. Welcome to the dark side of head-fi 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit:
I never knew that wi-fi was a pun on hi-fi until about a month ago...

How the 'elections' went in Russia were part of the badassery of why I like Putin

Yes, having fair democratic elections and that cycle is good. That has its ups and downs with good and bad leaders and can also lead to serious crap and failing if not done correctly. 

Putin and his crownies thought, **** that schiit. A new federation would be beneficial with a 'behind the scenes' autocratic based system. As history, political studies, and LOGH shows. This is indeed one of the beneficial ways. This way, is actually more beneficial for countries that are rising out of ashes IF DONE CORRECTLY. This typically isn't that case, and the possibility of long standing dictators leads to possible more worse solutions than a full democratic system. Most choose the safer and slower route. Putin said **** that. 

You need to look at the big picture. Look at the RF's history, and look at what Putin has done. It is nothing less than awe aspiring and moving. In one of the recent videos showing Russian Cossacks beating a protestor. One of them said 'Putin will teach you to love the motherland'. It was funny, but it was also real. 

LOGH was nothign short of amazing.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #106,462 of 177,744
Watching Welcome to the NHK... 

alot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #106,464 of 177,744

Heh, I haven't been watching any anime either. The only time I play is when I'm on the bus or some other transit system with nothing better to do.
And I had a three (that turned into four) hour train ride yesterday, so... Why not? 
redface.gif

Ooh, have you been designing more projects or just working on "that" project? XD

Wow~ where were you going?

nah, just working my arse off for the ABU Robocon robotics competition....
I made a 1.1kW BLDC motor driver/controller yesterday.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABU_Robocon

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #106,466 of 177,744
Quote:

Depends, there was a girl who walked around in my school who wore a semi-gothic maid outfit everyday. It was also quite adorable because interesting enough, I was taking a culinary course with her >.<

I read the manga...and I thought it was only meh

Didn't he get
a really hot gf or something?

He somewhat has a girlfriend. A girl who spied on him from a mansion up on a hill while he was living in an apartment down in a nearby town. He can't accept her as his girlfriend because of his deliria that there's an organization spying on him. So even after 14 episodes of the two characters being together, all that was formed was a contract that if he tries to commit suicide, so will she.

He doesn't say "she's my girlfriend", but he does say something along the lines of "I'll try and maintain this as long as I can"

At the time of watching, I was furious there wasn't a fan relief sort of episode where they at least hug. But now that I think about it, it's sort of cute. Since both characters really have a serious social underhand in society and this sort of death contract is what will keep them going.

P.S. I burst out laughing when I saw your profile picture for your youtube channel. xD

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #106,467 of 177,744
  Lol, wanna sell me one of those controllers? XD

I'll take one for free to use with my PC. :D

Donate one to me
wink.gif

Well, in order of plausibility:

1. Sell it locally
2. Keep controllers for use on PC/Android, sell console
3. Wait for a CFW (the super slim still doesn't have one)

Selling it internationally or donating the controllers is still out of the question for the time being. すまん!

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #106,469 of 177,744

Quote:
  Lol, wanna sell me one of those controllers? XD

I'll take one for free to use with my PC. :D

Donate one to me 
wink.gif

Well, in order of plausibility:

1. Sell it locally
2. Keep controllers for use on PC/Android, sell console
3. Wait for a CFW (the super slim still doesn't have one)

Selling it internationally or donating the controllers is still out of the question for the time being. すまん!

4. Tease us with all your controllers

Yeah, sometimes the quotes are just blank, in which case you can manually copy and paste it from the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back