「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #106,172 of 177,745
  When the art style and formula is making so much money, why change it? Is the logic

You don't change a winning team I guess.

But sometimes, change is good.

Dayum, I just can't believe how good my tiny Audiophonics U-Sabre DAC sounds. DAC wise, It's really the neutral and detailed kind with an impressive amount of resolve for it's price and form factor. It's not as smooth sounding nor as wide sounding as the HP-P1 but it's a huge upgrade from the crappy inboard sound from the laptop.
The only thing I don't like is the amp section (too weak for planars) but I couldn't care less because I'm using the RCA line out to a Fiio E12. 
I may write a review about it in the coming weeks.
For those who don't know, the Audiophonics U-Sabre is basically a HiFimeDIY with slight variations.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #106,173 of 177,745
Many, but not all. 
Most of the top 10 on MAL for anime and manga are good and can be understood in terms of how it was up that high...but there are better ones.

Lists like that are dangerous, there are a lot of shows that I dropped in the top 100, those Natsume Yuujinchou series were real snooze-fests for me. And how is Magi that high? I am enjoying Magi, but it is not the 68th best anime series by a long shot.

Also you see a lot of fan-boyism in there, sequels rank much higher because they are more likely to be watched by people already hooked to the show, but I'd say 80+% of the time sequels are subjectively worse than the first seasons of most shows.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #106,174 of 177,745
My favorite show is ranked #596.

Mine is #81 ^o^

Lists like that are dangerous, there are a lot of shows that I dropped in the top 100, those Natsume Yuujinchou series were real snooze-fests for me. And how is Magi that high? I am enjoying Magi, but it is not the 68th best anime series by a long shot.

Also you see a lot of fan-boyism in there, sequels rank much higher because they are more likely to be watched by people already hooked to the show, but I'd say 80+% of the time sequels are subjectively worse than the first seasons of most shows.

Yup, trusting positive reviews is always kind of risky, but if there are hundreds of people rating a show with a 6/10 or whatever, then there has to be at least a bit of trith in this score.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #106,175 of 177,745

Most of the top 10 on MAL for anime and manga are good and can be understood in terms of how it was up that high...but there are better ones.

I think review scores are not a really good indication of how good or bad an anime or manga is. 
The problem is that most people really don't want to read a short or long review. Most of them look at the score and if it's good then they'll watch it thus its popularity will raise regardless if he thinks it's good or not.

A solution for this is to do what Kotaku has done for a while for their games and animes review system. Remove the scoring system and put a more simpler neutral "should you watch it/play it" with its pros and cons.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #106,176 of 177,745
My favorite show is ranked #596.

dayum...thats kinda low

You don't change a winning team I guess.

But sometimes, change is good.

Dayum, I just can't believe how good my tiny Audiophonics U-Sabre DAC sounds. DAC wise, It's really the neutral and detailed kind with an impressive amount of resolve for it's price and form factor. It's not as smooth sounding nor as wide sounding as the HP-P1 but it's a huge upgrade from the crappy inboard sound from the laptop.
The only thing I don't like is the amp section (too weak for planars) but I couldn't care less because I'm using the RCA line out to a Fiio E12. 
I may write a review about it in the coming weeks.
For those who don't know, the Audiophonics U-Sabre is basically a HiFimeDIY with slight variations.

Nice, more pics :D

But yeah, I've been posting sales charts for you guys.....that formula WORKS. 

Of course, they are HIGHLY dangerous, especially the vermin they contain

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #106,177 of 177,745
The art was pretty sketchy in that show. The issue with turning the VN into an anime, is that the best way to do it in a 12 episode run is to just pick one girl and follow that rout. C;H didn't really pick any girl, and that would be fine if the other events that happen to the main character were at least a little interesting... but they weren't. He was caught up in a whirlwind of stuff from the get-go, and to me, he never figured anything. Even his cliched "epiphany" in the final episode didn't seem genuine, I still think he hadn't figured out a damn thing lol.

If you have more time (24 episode series), you can do what Kanon did and touch base with everyone but only maintain 2 or 3 "main" love interests.

C;H is actually NOT a galge, you don't get to pick a girl and enjoy life with her. The "romance" was there for an entirely different purpose.... of course, many wouldn't know because of how horribly adapted the anime is... One of the main themes in this series is that when everybody hallucinates, it becomes a reality.
You got the bit where the MC isn't real right?

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #106,179 of 177,745
C;H is actually NOT a galge, you don't get to pick a girl and enjoy life with her. The "romance" was there for an entirely different purpose.... of course, many wouldn't know because of how horribly adapted the anime is... One of the main themes in this series is that when everybody hallucinates, it becomes a reality.
You got the bit where the MC isn't real right?

Lol yes I got that. It still was portrayed as some form of magic though. So I just figured everyone was a shikigami or something, nothing very new or exciting about that. Plus I saw the Matrix so..........

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #106,182 of 177,745
dayum...thats kinda low

Well I looked for the lowest ranked show I could find, a 4.0, and it was #7600. So that puts my fave in the 92nd percentile. Seems ok to me lol.

As for the dangers, I meant dangerously deceptive, but the vermin are a real danger as well.

* edit * I found a show ranked #8800+ on MAL, there's probably more than 10,000 entries there though.

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #106,184 of 177,745

dayum...thats kinda low

Well I looked for the lowest ranked show I could find, a 4.0, and it was #7600. So that puts my fave in the 92nd percentile. Seems ok to me lol.

As for the dangers, I meant dangerously deceptive, but the vermin are a real danger as well.

* edit * I found a show ranked #8800+ on MAL, there's probably more than 10,000 entries there though.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #106,185 of 177,745
http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction

Ranked too high because so many people have rated it. 2.6 though, and its on people's favorites list?!

R - 17+ (violence & profanity) ..... I think I need to watch it now :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back