「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #106,141 of 177,750
Quad post :/
[rule]
It pains me to see just how much legal anime I have 'purchased' through video subscriptions BUT can't watch.

Valve and Netflix describes it well. It's the platform that gets people to convert and switch from sailing on the high seas, to a law abiding citizen.

Service. And so far, the anime I have access to just can't be watched.

I pay for Amazon Prime which gives me access to Amazon Instant Video and I pay for Netflix. Both have a decent amount of popular and or licensed anime. 90% of it is EITHER not in HD OR in dub. It is near impossible to find an anime series that is 'good' on the two services I pay for that offer it in BOTH sub and HD.

Did I also mention that Amazon's requirements for running videos through silverlight(their HD option) REQUIRE every single part of your computer system to be HDCP compatable? Yep, I have to unplug a few things from my desktop because my old monitor is not HDCP. Running it in Flash player SUCKS hard, is in SD, and not to mention that FLASH is piss poor with resources. 

Netflix is a lot better, but still no dice.

SERIOUSLY, there are a LOT of shows I want to watch that my paid subscriptions offer...they just don't give me what I want.

CR doesn't have enough of the series I want to watch to do that (it has every series I want to watch currently streaming, but I want a 'library'). Plus, I have Netflix because my family wants it, and I pay for Amazon Prime Student because I love it. 
Just took a look. It seems Crunchyroll is worth close to a quarter of a Billion USD
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/02/us-chernin-crunchyroll-idUSBRE9B10X320131202

They purchased a controlling amount for $100 million with a  TV Tokyo still owning a 'good' portion it was cited. A controlling portion doesn't mean anything if you don't have data on the other 'portions'. If every other portion was 4% or less, than hell, even 20% can be controlling. I'm assuming that controlling in this case is between 40-52% which more or less puts Crunchyroll to be worth about a quarter of a billion USD. Dayum

I'm still amazed at how being a paying anime watcher is close to being purgatory. So want to pay, but I know that I can get exponentially better experience by being a pirate. :\

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #106,142 of 177,750
  The hell is she wearing? A Sonic the Hedgehog hood?

TL;DR

Someone from our anime club went to Japan to see it and said it wasn't anything special. Is it finally available with subs?

Lol, that reminds me, I still need to force myself to finish the rest of that show... :X

@jgray91 http://kuoke.bandcamp.com/album/vocaloid-slam-jam
Hope you got the job!

Yeah, I think its some sonic schiit?

How love how easy material for Aku no Hana is to make fun of
  Majestic.
Tomoko Miku is best Miku.

Hnnnnnnnngggg!
Oh, it's just a summary with a few new bits....I guess I'll watch it.
And Bowei you NEED to watch it since you forgot about the glorious story of the first season :xf_mad:

Really great AK240 review!
After reading the sound section, I fell like having listened to a completely different device.....
Guess I can't really hear that much of a difference compared to my DX50.

nah, no need to rewatch. I'll have better time watching schitty LN imo adaptions :wink:

http://www.audio360.org/daps_a0021_review_astell-and-kern_ak240.php
Share it with your friends!!!!
I'm still amazed at how being a paying anime watcher is close to being purgatory. So want to pay, but I know that I can get exponentially better experience by being a pirate. :\

Yep...... thats the paradox. I get 3X better service sailing on the high seas.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #106,143 of 177,750

That moment you find out your group is gonna take a tour and meet with Ultimate Ears,Astell Kern, Audeze, and more at a HF meet.......and its all in Cali 
mad.gif

Y PANDA NO IN CALI!

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #106,150 of 177,750

That moment you find out your group is gonna take a tour and meet with Ultimate Ears,Astell Kern, Audeze, and more at a HF meet.......and its all in Cali :mad:

Y PANDA NO IN CALI!

Haha,.. I'm in Cali.... And not too interested in that tour... xD

Well actually, I'm not sure what it's about.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #106,151 of 177,750
Question for those who have seen the TV version of Evangelion and the two movies that followed (not the Rebuild of Evangelion).
I only have seen the theatrical version and since I really don't want to wait till winter 2015 for the final movie, I might as well watch the TV version with the two movies. Without giving any spoilers, I want to know if the TV version gives a more in depth story of Evangelion than the theatrical version or are they different from each other that I won't get too spoiled when the 4th movie comes out?

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #106,152 of 177,750
Question for those who have seen the TV version of Evangelion and the two movies that followed (not the Rebuild of Evangelion).
I only have seen the theatrical version and since I really don't want to wait till winter 2015 for the final movie, I might as well watch the TV version with the two movies. Without giving any spoilers, I want to know if the TV version gives a more in depth story of Evangelion than the theatrical version or are they different from each other that I won't get too spoiled when the 4th movie comes out?

Apparently, at the third movie, it branches out and is completely different from the series. So go ahead and watch the series. It's a bit boring IMO tho.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #106,153 of 177,750
is TR good? and strike the blood too, i kind of gave up at 1st EP of each, cause i know that fantasy/romance isn't always strong, most of the times i mean -.-''

is it better than index season  1? try to convince me people :p so i watch it :3  but i am afraid that i will be like... omg i lost some time :< 

I enjoy Strike the Blood more than Ravens, probably for the moe/fan service. Neither has what I would call a strong romantic story, if that's what you like. I don't think either is better than Index.

Watch them if you are interested after one or two episodes, they will both probably end up as 6 or 7/10 in my MAL.

@Panda, can't believe that review has the word "amazeballs" in it. I'm not sure how I feel about that lol.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #106,155 of 177,750
  Same thoughts.... YAOI 3rd movie
confused_face.gif

may find the drawing quality of the tv series unbearable too... it's just too old....

I WANT MORE SHINJI x KAWORU ACTION!
redface.gif

I'm even doing a fan art with those two characters right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back