「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #105,556 of 177,750
  Today is a pretty schitty day

The weather is pretty nice! I guess I'll go outside and read a few pages in the garden.

I'm also marinating steaks in Teriyaki sauce right now.
Any idea what I could make for a side dish?
I can't think of anything
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #105,558 of 177,750
  Today is a pretty schitty day

BUT, thankfully, Golden Time and ALL THE BEST ANIME will be comming out later today 
gs1000.gif

Yeah, I just have to wait for my 200GB quota to reset because when I go over it becomes dial-up speed.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #105,559 of 177,750
I listened to the Gr06! That's something, I guess.

I thought GR06's were some of the worse sounding iem's I ever made the mistake of buying. It sounded as if a bubble of cloth was placed around your head and everything except for vocals were outside said bubble. Everything's sounded clouded. I think I posted a for sale on these and said I didn't like them.

When someone purchased them(on EBay), I received a message from the seller I got them from saying I could return for refund. I let the buyer know and he canceled the sale even tho he could have forced me to send them to him, sweet dude. I saved you from pain and suffering Sweet Dude.....

I contacted ClieOS about this after giving the GR07's a look see and he assured me the GR07's are clearly better... He was right IMO.

Lol, the journey around the states didn't make them sound any better?

Still crap, eh?

Just to clarify:

I don't think the replacement set are crap, they are simply underwhelming. I think the most they are worth after experiencing the GR07's is $200.

I don't like the sub-mid bass balance or bass texture, like vocals, and find the detail retrieval shallow.

I also just recently think I've found the spike people mention after increasing the volume in an attempt to understand the populous. I'm not sure about this either tho :frowning2:

You could say ME2 would gladly call the first set crap but they turned out to be defective. If they hadn't:

"as a package and for the price, ASG 2's are crap".
-UnityIsPower

I finally feel quite disappointed in how dale addressed my graph question. I complimented him a while back for comparing his phones to other options but now think Music123's post rings stronger.

Then again I have my own internal problems with feeling confident in my analysis of a products sound. I try posting stuff here and there to attempt stepping out of my comfort zone but I don't know.... and people should know I don't know... I think, right?

I still haven't posted them up for sale yet. I contacted eke about the revisions they are supposedly going to get and other peeps(some present here) about just general stuff on these. Someone contacted me when I posted I will sell, I was waiting for MF to post her impressions as I want to link all of them on the sale thread, including some PM snippets both good and bad.

Thanks fo them pics!!!!!

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #105,560 of 177,750
Fast J-pop headphones picking guide:

about me:

as someone who listen to j-pop only i went through many headphones, SE535-LTDJ , IE80, HD650, TH900, UM Miracle and UM Mentor, 
the most important thing is the Treble and Mids when it comes to listening to Anime/VN/Vocaloid ,

i did spend a lot just to get the mids to stay forward/sweet/lush and for the Treble to be "fun" 

picking the right headphone:

for example the mids on the SE535-LTD J is one of the best on the IEM wise, the female vocal on it is really good but sadly the Treble is kind of roll off so in end you won't enjoy the song itself as much.

one of the most important things is to avoid getting a very warm amp, cause the Treble won't extend as much or give you the sparkle that make it fun, yet the mids will still be awesome, depend on the headphone,

for example if you paired the TH600 with Yulong D100 MKII your feet won't tap anymore cause you are enjoying the Treble, and if you paired it with a WA7 (EH Tubes) you will enjoy more but not as much as going for a solid state amp, cause even my Pico Slim can win in the Treble area hands down, and its not behind in the mids area though but the WA7 with EH tubes got slightly better mids,

most of the people who is getting into J-pop will seek treble 1st but once they have a taste of the nice mid range if female vocal on some headphones they will start trying to get both on a headphone,

Close vs Open:

so far i did talk about IEM/CIEM and closed headphones wise, cause these will always lack something and getting all the options you want in one setup will be hard unless you went for an open headphone like the HD650 which can do the mids and treble easily for the price depend on the amp, for a closed one like the TH900 the treble is the best of the best but in order to get the mid range to satisfy you then you will have to spend a lot on  amps like WA7 (EH tubes) or Bruson amp which cost even more.

Avoid:

getting a very warm setup in case you wana enjoy your Treble, and make sure you don't get a headphone with a rolled off/laid back mid range AKA V-shape sound sig, unless you don't care about the vocal and just want Trebel which i did seek before till i had a taste of a real mid range :p 

Lets stop here:

in the end i just wanted to point these things out, i been buying and selling for a year non stop, don't have super EXP like some and i am just telling what i did learn, hope i did help some of you :3 

this is not a full guide in the end so bear with me a little lol

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #105,563 of 177,750
I thought GR06's were some of the worse sounding iem's I ever made the mistake of buying. It sounded as if a bubble of cloth was placed around your head and everything except for vocals were outside said bubble. Everything's sounded clouded. I think I posted a for sale on these and said I didn't like them.
When someone purchased them(on EBay), I received a message from the seller I got them from saying I could return for refund. I let the buyer know and he canceled the sale even tho he could have forced me to send them to him, sweet dude. I saved you from pain and suffering Sweet Dude.....
I contacted ClieOS about this after giving the GR07's a look see and he assured me the GR07's are clearly better... He was right IMO.

Just to clarify:
I don't think the replacement set are crap, they are simply underwhelming. I think the most they are worth after experiencing the GR07's is $200.
I don't like the sub-mid bass balance or bass texture, like vocals, and find the detail retrieval shallow.
I also just recently think I've found the spike people mention after increasing the volume in an attempt to understand the populous. I'm not sure about this either tho
frown.gif

You could say ME2 would gladly call the first set crap but they turned out to be defective. If they hadn't:
"as a package and for the price, ASG 2's are crap".
-UnityIsPower
I finally feel quite disappointed in how dale addressed my graph question. I complimented him a while back for comparing his phones to other options but now think Music123's post rings stronger.
Then again I have my own internal problems with feeling confident in my analysis of a products sound. I try posting stuff here and there to attempt stepping out of my comfort zone but I don't know.... and people should know I don't know... I think, right?
I still haven't posted them up for sale yet. I contacted eke about the revisions they are supposedly going to get and other peeps(some present here) about just general stuff on these. Someone contacted me when I posted I will sell, I was waiting for MF to post her impressions as I want to link all of them on the sale thread, including some PM snippets both good and bad.
Thanks fo them pics!!!!!

I did not like them either...my brother does though.

Are you still looking for an upgrade or are you happy with the GR07 for now?

about me:
as someone who listen to j-pop only i went through many headphones, SE535-LTDJ , IE80, HD650, TH900, UM Miracle and UM Mentor, 
the most important thing is the Treble and Mids when it comes to listening to Anime/VN/Vocaloid ,
i did spend a lot just to get the mids to stay forward/sweet/lush and for the Treble to be "fun" 

for example the mids on the SE535-LTD J is one of the best on the IEM wise, the female vocal on it is really good but sadly the Treble is kind of roll off so in end you won't enjoy the song itself as much.
one of the most important things is to avoid getting a very warm amp, cause the Treble won't extend as much or give you the sparkle that make it fun, yet the mids will still be awesome, depend on the headphone,
for example if you paired the TH600 with Yulong D100 MKII your feet won't tap anymore cause you are enjoying the Treble, and if you paired it with a WA7 (EH Tubes) you will enjoy more but not as much as going for a solid state amp, cause even my Pico Slim can win in the Treble area hands down, and its not behind in the mids area though but the WA7 with EH tubes got slightly better mids,
most of the people who is getting into J-pop will seek treble 1st but once they have a taste of the nice mid range if female vocal on some headphones they will start trying to get both on a headphone,

Close vs Open:
so far i did talk about IEM/CIEM and closed headphones wise, cause these will always lack something and getting all the options you want in one setup will be hard unless you went for an open headphone like the HD650 which can do the mids and treble easily for the price depend on the amp, for a closed one like the TH900 the treble is the best of the best but in order to get the mid range to satisfy you then you will have to spend a lot on  amps like WA7 (EH tubes) or Bruson amp which cost even more.

Avoid:
getting a very warm setup in case you wana enjoy your Treble, and make sure you don't get a headphone with a rolled off/laid back mid range AKA V-shape sound sig, unless you don't care about the vocal and just want Trebel which i did seek before till i had a taste of a real mid range :p 

Lets stop here:
in the end i just wanted to point these things out, i been buying and selling for a year non stop, don't have super EXP like some and i am just telling what i did learn, hope i did help some of you :3 

Nice read :D

I honestly don't like J-Pop (or pop in general) but I see where you are getting at.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #105,564 of 177,750
  Nice read :D

I honestly don't like J-Pop (or pop in general) but I see where you are getting at.

Thanks :3 my grammar sucks though , sorry about that :p English isn't my 1st language.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #105,565 of 177,750
  The weather is pretty nice! I guess I'll go outside and read a few pages in the garden.

I'm also marinating steaks in Teriyaki sauce right now.
Any idea what I could make for a side dish?
I can't think of anything
frown.gif

side dish? Bratwurst?
  Yeah, I just have to wait for my 200GB quota to reset because when I go over it becomes dial-up speed.

Dayum......quota's.

about me:

Close vs Open:

Avoid:

Lets stop here:

I have to make comprimises

After spending a lot of time with headphones, there comes to note a divide with what headphones sound good with what genres and what headphones sound good with what genres in what situations.

I go overly warm with roll offs everywhere for my daily routine. Doesn't sound correct with most genres, but it is what keeps me happy. I don't get tinnitus as quick, everything is not sharp so I'm at ease, it works well with ever genre, isn't analytical

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #105,566 of 177,750
  me to i feel he put more efforts in the Vocaloid, but still his latest isn't better than Cross Light album etc, i hope he come back soon, even 40mp had a slump for while then they came back even better. 

How do you guys like tokuP?
I like his anime works more than vocaloid though.
Freezing OP - "Color"
Machine Doll OP - "Anicca"
Kill la Kill OP2 - "ambiguous"

As a person who listens to Anison / Vocaloid 90% of the time, I actually prefer more of a V-shaped sound signature. I don't really care about the vocals.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #105,567 of 177,750
  How do you guys like tokuP?
I like his anime works more than vocaloid though.
Freezing OP - "Color"
Machine Doll OP - "Anicca"
Kill la Kill OP2 - "ambiguous"

As a person who listens to Anison / Vocaloid 90% of the time, I actually prefer more of a V-shaped sound signature. I don't really care about the vocals.

i did mention that many like the V-shape though :p heheh

and yes i like TokuP, but sadly i didn't see any of these OPs cause i didn't watch these animes :3 i am too picky when it comes to anime XD another reason why i hate the typical shonen a lot @_@ and any repetitive animes without new ideas or "heavy" characters in it,

but i will give these a chance :3 i hope i like few , will get a FLAC and add them in the collection >=) 

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #105,568 of 177,750

side dish? Bratwurst?
Dayum......quota's.

After spending a lot of time with headphones, there comes to note a divide with what headphones sound good with what genres and what headphones sound good with what genres in what situations.

I go overly warm with roll offs everywhere for my daily routine. Doesn't sound correct with most genres, but it is what keeps me happy. I don't get tinnitus as quick, everything is not sharp so I'm at ease, it works well with ever genre, isn't analytical

a lot or most of the people do so, but the super slacker me always want the all in one solution for the J-pop, thats why i did spend a lot of money and time testing :3 

but yes having many headphones for different genres is always good ^^ 

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #105,569 of 177,750

Haha, I guess sound sigs are more people dependent than music dependent.

I can't stand it if I can't hear every single detail in my music. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back