「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #104,252 of 177,750
  Samurai Flamenco ep16 is very GJ :D

Dat yuri pay-off, man. I pity all the people who dropped this. LOL!

Dandy EP5: proof that everything is improved by the addition of a loli.

KimiMachi manga final chapter: yaaawn. I only felt about 0.1 feels. Now the question is whether I want to do it to myself all over again by picking up Fuuka.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #104,253 of 177,750
Timbre by far was the hardest part for me, both in the basic level and the gold level. LOL

I now officially hate that song. "Oh oh...I will never be the same...I can't *** the rain...I love the sunriiiise in the eyes. We've got to move ooon. The love the night behind...." whatever the lyrics are.

Damn headphones are too coloured to do the coloured test 
frown.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #104,255 of 177,750
Just started watching Sasami@Ganbaranai. Not understanding the setting/plot, but I like it. LOL at the brief cameo of Hare Hare Yukai about half way through.

Compared the TV ver. with the BD ver., and I must say that there is a noticeable difference between them, including sharper and more vivid visuals, some BD scenes are in cinematic widescreen while the TV ver. has been cropped to 16:9, no watermarks and announcement texts and of course, less unnecessary censoring. (hehehe)

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #104,258 of 177,750
MAL does not like this anime.

Yeah, I checked.

I also confirmed my thoughts of it being a SHAFT production because the character style reminded me of Madoka, and the background style reminded me of the Monogatari series.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #104,260 of 177,750
  Triple post!

New teaser for the Tamako movie ♥

I'm honestly hyped for this movie.

I'm really hoping something actually happens in it.  Carpenter girl was my favorite.

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #104,261 of 177,750
Timbre by far was the hardest part for me, both in the basic level and the gold level. LOL

I now officially hate that song. "Oh oh...I will never be the same...I can't *** the rain...I love the sunriiiise in the eyes. We've got to move ooon. The love the night behind...." whatever the lyrics are.

How did you do in the MP3 session??? I focking hate that song now....... the jazz one.

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #104,263 of 177,750

I'm really hoping something actually happens in it.  Carpenter girl was my favorite.

Carpenter girl is love ♥

How did you do in the MP3 session??? I focking hate that song now....... the jazz one.

The instrumental Jazz one is cool! The Swing one...you really learn to hate it.
And don't get me started on the EDM snippet.

I personally found the timbre part to be the easiest. But then again. Im not done with basic section yet.
Schitty slow internet and bad setup

The basic section is nothing compared to one or two tests of the silver and gold section.

That's cool, I guess:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-08/tamako-love-story-film-to-be-shown-with-dera-chan-short

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #104,264 of 177,750

What? I meant the one with lyrics going something like "i'm happy as a clown"
All the other ones were ok because I breezed through all the tests.

But seriously... am I the only one not being able to hear MP3 artifacts?????
I'm rather surprised you guys had trouble with other stuff....

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #104,265 of 177,750
I think my frequency band on silver level is rigged. XD

I've been doing it for quite some time and I can recognise boost (125, 250, 2k, 16k) and cut (63, 125, 250, 2k). There are sounds that the test gives that I don't recognise from the training tracks... -_-

Yeah, this one is dumb and the high frequency cut-off thing is also dumb. mainly because of the song.

The high frequency roll-off was pretty evident to me for some reason. Maybe I'm more sensitive to the treble? I was using the M-100 too, which has the highest octave rolled off according to Tyll.

Damn headphones are too coloured to do the coloured test :frowning2:

That's no excuse. I used the V-MODA M-100 straight out of my MacBook for all of the tests but the golden ears' timbre frequency picker. It was too hard to do stuff with the M-100 on that test and it was pretty straightforward with the Alpha Dog.

See below. XD

What? I meant the one with lyrics going something like "i'm happy as a clown"
All the other ones were ok because I breezed through all the tests.

But seriously... am I the only one not being able to hear MP3 artifacts?????
I'm rather surprised you guys had trouble with other stuff....

I thought the MP3 artifacts were fairly easy to identify. It's mostly the treble region that gave it away for me with the weird robotic-like sounds.
LOL the EDM one. The bass colouration was so obvious it took me less than a second to identify them most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back