「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #104,266 of 177,750
I thought the MP3 artifacts were fairly easy to identify. It's mostly the treble region that gave it away for me with the weird robotic-like sounds.

Hmm... I suppose it's got to do with the gear I used

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #104,267 of 177,750
Quick question, who has heard or seen Katanagatari?
If yes, what do you think about it?

I'm asking this because I've just bought a 3 blu-ray discs box set of Katanagatari and I haven't watched nor heard this anime before.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #104,268 of 177,750
The high frequency roll-off was pretty evident to me for some reason. Maybe I'm more sensitive to the treble? I was using the M-100 too, which has the highest octave rolled off according to Tyll.
That's no excuse. I used the V-MODA M-100 for all of the tests but the golden ears' timbre frequency picker. It was too hard to do stuff with the M-100 on that test and it was pretty straightforward with the Alpha Dog.

See below. XD
I thought the MP3 artifacts were fairly easy to identify. It's mostly the treble region that gave it away for me with the weird robotic-like sounds.
LOL the EDM one. The bass colouration was so obvious it took me less than a second to identify them most of the time.

how the heck did you put up with this silly test? 

That repetitive music... for both timbre coloration and that bass test. I don't want to hear those songs they used.

UH OH!! blah blah blah blah blah.

Using the re700s, it was pretty easy to discern the bass, treble roll off, and sound stage. Not so much the timbre coloration...at least to 5db. It was kind of hard to hear the difference.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #104,269 of 177,750
I personally found the timbre part to be the easiest. But then again. Im not done with basic section yet.
Schitty slow internet and bad setup

I wish I could agree, my headphones are a bit colored. 
redface.gif
 darn smooth sounds..

Carpenter girl is love ♥

The instrumental Jazz one is cool! The Swing one...you really learn to hate it.
And don't get me started on the EDM snippet.

The basic section is nothing compared to one or two tests of the silver and gold section.

That's cool, I guess:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-08/tamako-love-story-film-to-be-shown-with-dera-chan-short

Is it going to test for .5 db differences? :O

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #104,271 of 177,750
I personally found the timbre part to be the easiest. But then again. Im not done with basic section yet.

Schitty slow internet and bad setup

I wish I could agree, my headphones are a bit colored. :xf_eek:  darn smooth sounds..

Carpenter girl is love ♥

The instrumental Jazz one is cool! The Swing one...you really learn to hate it.

And don't get me started on the EDM snippet.

The basic section is nothing compared to one or two tests of the silver and gold section.

[rule]That's cool, I guess:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-08/tamako-love-story-film-to-be-shown-with-dera-chan-short

Is it going to test for .5 db differences? :O

They never go below 1 decibel of differences I think. The lowest I had was 1.2 dB or something similar for the channel imbalance tests.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #104,272 of 177,750
@LH 19

Shiroe's "30 seconds into the future" was finally explained!! W00T

Welp looks like it's that time of the season again~

As for me?
(Oh btw, this is how I choose my anime: look at cover pic, read title, read synopsis. I've pretty much decided after looking at the cover)

1. Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken (W00T Season 2!!)
  2. Soul Eater Not! (I thought It had something to do with Soul Eater.... doesn't seem like it...)
  3. Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (because ghost girl :p)
  4. Gokukoku no Brynhildr (looks like some decent romance, I can't even pronounce the last word there....)
  5. Mekaku City Actors (seems.... interesting.)
  6. Fairy Tail (Yay!!! It's back!!!)
  7. Mahou Shoujo Taizen (Mahou Shoujo from pixiv? Um.... will demo.)
  8. Mahou Koukou no Rettousei (Can never have enough magic school)
  9. Black Bullet (SF + super power... why not?)
  10. Kanojo ga Flag o Oreretara (OMG See flags?? Possibly more godly than Katsuragi Keima???)
    PS: If I could see flags I wouldn't have ended up spending hours going to a bad end.... *sob*
  11. DATE A LIVE II (nuff said.)
  12. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Coffee -> girls? Hm.... will check it out.)
  13. Captain Earth (doncha mean captain MURICAAAA????)
  14. Hitsugihime no Chaika (because.... why not)
  15. Kenzen Robo Daimidaler (ok... the synopsis sounds so ridiculous I don't even know where to start, I'll be in for the lolz)
  16. Fuuun Ishin Dai Shogun
  17. No Game, No Life
  18. Akuma no Riddle

I'll be looking forward to the new Sora no Otoshimono movie too~

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #104,274 of 177,750

I'm asking this because I've just bought a 3 blu-ray discs box set of Katanagatari and I haven't watched nor heard this anime before.

It's pretty good. Interesting art style and concept. Definitely not a bad watch.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #104,275 of 177,750
I blame my problems with the MP3 test on my speakers ^o^

So what does the next season offer....

1. Black Bullet (sounds like Guilty Crown...I'll give it a try)
  2. Hitsugihime no Chaika (the synopsis sounds cool)
  3. New Mushishi season
  4. Gokukoku no Brynhildr (interesting synopsis)

That's it.
The rest sounds stupid or boring.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #104,276 of 177,750
So I've compiled all the songs I have onto an itunes playlist (those market in red). 

Still have the remainder of white to worry about. Anyone wanna help? Perhaps upload the missing songs to dropbox or something?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhIlH4cYgwA3dGgwRmNoZV8wZDhLLUdqRmd3UHRfaUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #104,277 of 177,750

This one is kinda sad..... The ending is quite unexpected
wink_face.gif

love the rebroadcast OP done by supercell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaD_HeFVSq8, in the disc zigaexperientia 
regular_smile .gif

The style of drawing in this one is beautiful....

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #104,279 of 177,750

Welp I just finished Miyuki's route in ToToNo (First play through)
It was a completely normal romance story (rather short too, 5 hours)

Now then... here comes the real deal.... New game+
I heard it was yandere hell, didn't read much to avoid spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back