「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 11, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #101,056 of 177,750

I like SHAFT for the most part. Except for the Bakemonogatari series.

I like you for the most part. Except the fact that you don't like Bakemonogatari.
Minus 100 points for Hufflepuff.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #101,060 of 177,750

Suits you well :xf_mad:

This first episode of Nisekoi was pretty cool! :)
And all the visuals/animations are SHAFT as fudge!
popcorn.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #101,061 of 177,750
  Suits you well :xf_mad:

This first episode of Nisekoi was pretty cool! :)
And all the visuals/animations are SHAFT as fudge!
popcorn.gif

I took the official Harry Potter test on the site... I had to make an official account, username, and had to go on a few 'quests' before I could take the official sorting ceremoney test -_-

Worth IT!

I pretty much knew I was Slytherin already before taking it. 

Pet no Kanojo set my expectations pretty high for SHAFT. I wouldn't call it a huge budget but rather me just liking their art style AND HOW they used the time they did to make stuff look good.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #101,062 of 177,750
Jgray wants to nuke the thread.

First rule of AAMML, don't nuke the thread.
Second rule of AAMML, you don't talk about AAMML
Third rule of AAMML, you follow the two rules above.

:gs1000smile: (who got the reference?)

I think everyone got that reference, and that doesn't make it less annoying that you made that stupid reference for the 100th time.

Baka Panda.

On another note, I just ate the food of your people, or something like that. Ate at a Chinese restaurant, and to be honest, it was my first favorable experience of eating at a Chinese restaurant. Normally the food is always kinda bland, and it's always the same kind of dishes I know not to be representative of the Chinese cuisine (which is not really one entity anyway).
I ordered some kind of noodle soup with a huge amount of super tender beef on top of it. It was the best. First time I saw noodle soup on the menu in a Chinese restaurant as well.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #101,063 of 177,750
I think everyone got that reference, and that doesn't make it less annoying that you made that stupid reference for the 100th time.

Baka Panda.

On another note, I just ate the food of your people, or something like that. Ate at a Chinese restaurant, and to be honest, it was my first favorable experience of eating at a Chinese restaurant. Normally the food is always kinda bland, and it's always the same kind of dishes I know not to be representative of the Chinese cuisine (which is not really one entity anyway).
I ordered some kind of noodle soup with a huge amount of super tender beef on top of it. It was the best. First time I saw noodle soup on the menu in a Chinese restaurant as well.

What do you mean, you people?

Bakka Rikkun :frowning2:

Not sure how it works in Netherlands but generally at legit Chinese restaurants that cater to Chinese. If they see a non Chinese/Asian walk in, they hand them the 'Murican' menu or something. Ask for suggestions from Chinese friends or know how people for real cuisine restaurants and if you decide to eat there. Be sure to ask if they offer 'another' menu. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #101,064 of 177,750
The secret menu of DOOOM!

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #101,065 of 177,750
Not sure how it works in Netherlands but generally at legit Chinese restaurants that cater to Chinese. If they see a non Chinese/Asian walk in, they hand them the 'Murican' menu or something. Ask for suggestions from Chinese friends or know how people for real cuisine restaurants and if you decide to eat there. Be sure to ask if they offer 'another' menu. 

Chinese population in my hometown is too low for such a thing to exist.

The owner of the restaurant was in fact surprised to learn I have ever eaten it before (even more surprised that I actually regularly make the dish myself).

Maybe such a thing exists in some Chinese restaurants here, but I honestly doubt it. The Netherlands has 16.8m population of which only about 50k are Chinese. Well, perhaps it's more like 150k since a lot of Chinese started living in Indonesia/Suriname and moved from Indonesia/Suriname to the Netherlands when it was still a Dutch colony.
In any case, I've never seen Chinese people eat at a Chinese restaurant in the whole of Europe.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #101,066 of 177,750
  The secret menu of DOOOM!

Doom indeed.
Restaurants that serve authentic dishes are the best ones.
I always stay away from ones that only serve boring schiit like "Fried Rice with Chicken" or "Pork in sweet-sour sauce".
The ones that serve own creations and stuff you never heard of are clearly the best ones.

Fate/Zero must have had am incredibly high budget.
Cheesus tapdancing Christ....

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #101,067 of 177,750
Chinese population in my hometown is too low for such a thing to exist.

The owner of the restaurant was in fact surprised to learn I have ever eaten it before (even more surprised that I actually regularly make the dish myself).

Maybe such a thing exists in some Chinese restaurants here, but I honestly doubt it. The Netherlands has 16.8m population of which only about 50k are Chinese. Well, perhaps it's more like 150k since a lot of Chinese started living in Indonesia/Suriname and moved from Indonesia/Suriname to the Netherlands when it was still a Dutch colony.
In any case, I've never seen Chinese people eat at a Chinese restaurant in the whole of Europe.

Ahh, that sucks

The restaurant owner was of Chinese origin or was he/she of Dutch origin? (I was about to ask if he/she was Chinese or Dutch, but that would be stupid question as 'Han Chinese' can still be Dutch citizens)

Ahh, I guess its not common over there for that to happen then :/ It happens EVERYWHERE here. If the restaurant was 'legit' Chinese cuisine, they hand out full cuisine menu's to those that are Asian or are Chinese, and Mericana ones to everyone else.

Fate/Zero must have had am incredibly high budget.
Cheesus tapdancing Christ....

Yeah, especially during the darker magic type fights (not a spoiler, its just some random term I came up with that didn't involve the usual regular spells or sword fights) 

Thats why I'm so pumped for FSN even though I'm not expecting it to be anything end all for me. It's that animation budget, benchmark storyline and what not. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #101,068 of 177,750
Ahh, that sucks

The restaurant owner was of Chinese origin or was he/she of Dutch origin? (I was about to ask if he/she was Chinese or Dutch, but that would be stupid question as 'Han Chinese' can still be Dutch citizens)

Ahh, I guess its not common over there for that to happen then :/ It happens EVERYWHERE here. If the restaurant was 'legit' Chinese cuisine, they hand out full cuisine menu's to those that are Asian or are Chinese, and Mericana ones to everyone else.

Nah they're always either first or second generation immigrants, but almost always full Chinese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back