「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #100,171 of 177,750

Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Strawberry Panic, Linebarrels of Iron, Gundam 00 
Try those out.

I listed Linebarrels...... but, I dropped e7 after like 20 episodes... but watched all of E7 AO which was bleh, Code Geass is forever in my backlog, I d/l it like right when the dvd/bd releases came out and still haven't watched lol. Gundam.... no thanks too hard-core mecha for me.

I watched like the first episode of strawberry panic way back when, maybe I can give it a go. I am watching Reideen right now, it's ok, but the recycled (transformation/power up) animations are wearing on me :frowning2:

I think I must subconsciously exercise my masochistic tendencies by watching mecha anime series lol, I have seen plenty of them but the list for ones I might actually recommend is very short indeed.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #100,172 of 177,750

I'm sure most of us heard about the resurected Linksys router...or a new one that uses the 'retro' design.

Reading the news blip about it, this was my thougth pattern:

Linksys has announced the WRT1900AC home network router, which it styles as a resurrection of the legendary WRT54G:http://www.maximumpc.com/linksys_wrt1900ac_dual_band_wi-fi_router_reincarnated_and_updated_wrt54g

Oh nice, I remember back when I had one

It will support DD-WRT and Open WRT, and it certainly has the trademark blue-and-black color scheme, 

Oh cool, I love that stuff. Hope I won't screw it up but its still cool of course.

but there are a few upgrades under the hood: dual-band 802.11ac, a dual-core ARM chip, 128MB of flash memory, and 256MB of RAM, for example. 

Oh snap, those sound like some nice upgrades

You can also attach USB 3.0 and eSATA devices. 

Even better, but no Thunderbolt? Ehh, that isn't really made to be a format for storage devices only anyway. Nice nice though

The company says the unit will start shipping this spring for $300. 

..Ah......... You can go **** yourself Belkin. People liked the old one because it was extremely affordable, configurable, and very reliable. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #100,173 of 177,750

I listed Linebarrels...... but, I dropped e7 after like 20 episodes... but watched all of E7 AO which was bleh, Code Geass is forever in my backlog, I d/l it like right when the dvd/bd releases came out and still haven't watched lol. Gundam.... no thanks too hard-core mecha for me.

I watched like the first episode of strawberry panic way back when, maybe I can give it a go. I am watching Reideen right now, it's ok, but the recycled (transformation/power up) animations are wearing on me :frowning2:

I think I must subconsciously exercise my masochistic tendencies by watching mecha anime series lol, I have seen plenty of them but the list for ones I might actually recommend is very short indeed.

E7 AO was an abomination.

Code Geass=Amazing -o

Hardcore mecha iS BEST MECHA.

-____-

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #100,175 of 177,750
  @bowei: The resurrection looks freaking amazing. I have 2 WRT54Gs in my house right now (would be that plus an RT-N56U if I could get my hands on one before they were out of stock).

It all is marketing to me.

They are using and marketing it to be synonymous with the old WRT54's to indoctrinate the idea of 'affordability, reliability, long term' into buyers heads before they even know more about it.

Every single post I have seen about this router INCLUDES as the headline, the resurection of the WRT54 or at least something about it. 

They market it to have it be synonymous with those implanted ideas at CES. Enthusiast forums latch on and use the same language. Buyer latches on and subconciously pre-emptively synonymizes the idea of the new router with what the old one has.

It's a very common marketing technique. It's not bad, its just marketing is all. I'm just looking for real performance and what not. The shell is similar, but the insides certainly are not. Plus, its by Belkin now. Who knows.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #100,176 of 177,750
On the contrary, I'm really going to enjoy my classes this quarter; full-on engineering and graduate school classes. I have't had this setup of courses before since I usually took a class for my minor.

Isn't athat.....hard?

It is actually killing me so hard that I might get kicked out of my university.

I don't really have a choice what to take and what not :/

But some copies are more blatant than others.

Great investment! Loose-leaf tea is best tea. You get a way bigger variety and more high-class stuff.

I drank some bamboo leaf tea today. A lot better than I thought!

Wait what!?? Change majors and take some easy classes to boost gpa!

They don't seem too bad. They're all elective classes for my major. Musculoskeletal biomechanics, protein engineering, real-time signals and processing, my senior project class, and a seminar about graduate school stuff.

One does not simply change majors and take lower-level classes to boost their GPA. If I recall correctly, Tom is already pretty well into the major. Unless you plan to spend more $$$ and another few years at the university as an undergrad, switching majors might be a bad idea.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #100,177 of 177,750
They don't seem too bad. They're all elective classes for my major. Musculoskeletal biomechanics, protein engineering, real-time signals and processing, my senior project class, and a seminar about graduate school stuff.

One does not simply change majors and take lower-level classes to boost their GPA. If I recall correctly, Tom is already pretty well into the major. Unless you plan to spend more $$$ and another few years at the university as an undergrad, switching majors might be a bad idea.

:frowning2: Awww

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #100,178 of 177,750
  It all is marketing to me.

They are using and marketing it to be synonymous with the old WRT54's to indoctrinate the idea of 'affordability, reliability, long term' into buyers heads before they even know more about it.

Every single post I have seen about this router INCLUDES as the headline, the resurection of the WRT54 or at least something about it. 

They market it to have it be synonymous with those implanted ideas at CES. Enthusiast forums latch on and use the same language. Buyer latches on and subconciously pre-emptively synonymizes the idea of the new router with what the old one has.

It's a very common marketing technique. It's not bad, its just marketing is all. I'm just looking for real performance and what not. The shell is similar, but the insides certainly are not. Plus, its by Belkin now. Who knows.

Curious how Belkin will handle the Linksys name. A lot of people felt Cisco ruined it being a bigger company and all (so less dedication in a sense, worse tech support, etc.).

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #100,179 of 177,750
  Curious how Belkin will handle the Linksys name. A lot of people felt Cisco ruined it being a bigger company and all (so less dedication in a sense, worse tech support, etc.).

Linksys was very schitty by the end of its lifespan under Cisco, that is obvious. So far, Belkin is playing some good moves.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #100,180 of 177,750
Anybody watching Witchcraft Works? Not sure if want.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #100,182 of 177,750
  Linksys was very schitty by the end of its lifespan under Cisco, that is obvious. So far, Belkin is playing some good moves.

The E-series routers were mostly garbage. the 4200 and 4200 V2 were decent, 4500 was really, really bad with the entire Cloud UI thing which killed of Linksys.

Poor Linksys...if it were only the good-ol-days.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #100,184 of 177,750
First few seconds of this OST are amazing. I love it. Then it turns into some weird jazz.

Need to download it somewhere. I have the entire anime (which is great btw) but not the music which makes me disappointed.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #100,185 of 177,750

Hm. Also I think some time this month I'm getting a new headphone...after 3 long years lol.

LCDXC? 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back