「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #100,066 of 177,750
Many new people? Also some veterans. I brought the bone-conducting transducers to the meet and people were a bit freaked out by them since you don't hear the sounds like a normal soundwave going into your ear.

The event was at a museum open to the public too, so it was interesting to talk to visitors passing by who were wondering what the heck this is all about, hahaha.

No AAMML converts, but they played some scenes of Porco Rosco in the TV displays in the middle of the room as part of their demonstration for some sort of camera rail-mount system that one of the Head-Fiers was using.

STudio Ghibli! :D

Any more pics?

Bone-conducting transducers? What?

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #100,067 of 177,750
Many new people? Also some veterans. I brought the bone-conducting transducers to the meet and people were a bit freaked out by them since you don't hear the sounds like a normal soundwave going into your ear.

The event was at a museum open to the public too, so it was interesting to talk to visitors passing by who were wondering what the heck this is all about, hahaha.

No AAMML converts, but they played some scenes of Porco Rosco in the TV displays in the middle of the room as part of their demonstration for some sort of camera rail-mount system that one of the Head-Fiers was using.

STudio Ghibli! :D

Any more pics?

I edited my post after you posted your reply. >.>

Yeah bone-conducting transducers.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-cynaps-enhance-hearing-restoration-project-testing-hacking-goodwill

Tracey has them at the moment since we had dinner before I went back home.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #100,068 of 177,750

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-cynaps-enhance-hearing-restoration-project-testing-hacking-goodwill

You bought them!!??

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #100,069 of 177,750
I mostly chatted at the meet. I didn't get to listen to a lot of the gear there as I was busy explaining my setup/audio in general. There were a lot newcomers at this meet so it was a nice change of pace. Also, I kept notes in my handy-dandy panda notebook.

lol chatting XD
I've been a local headfi meet once (the one jgray and graphiz also attended, they didn't aware of me though..). The space was full of chatting noises orz, but then that didn't stop jgay listening and taking notes on all the gears...

Just saw Chihayafuru ep 1. Pretty good and interesting. I've been looking for a 'serious' anime for a while now. Planates pisses me off with its brain-dead lectures at least once every episode. I still like the show, its quite nice, but my blood pressure is going to shoot through the roof if I watch it consecutively. It's not the lecturing, but the stone-headed idealists doing the lecturing that makes me want to throw up.

Obviously Chihayafuru will probably have some of it, but I doubt it will be the kind I truly have a problem with (which, sadly is the kind Planates uses). 

Actually it was quite a supprise to me when Chihayafuru got a season2, as season1 wasn't selling well for what I know. That said, I am wishing for a season3...

lol blood pressure, reminds me of School Days.. that was ^$%#@* experience to me = =

Ack... it's true it's by email address... gah nvm Dx
Already camping for today's registration. That makes it the 3rd consecutive one I am going for. Hopefully I get better luck this time around. Once Daylight Saving is back, it would be much harder for me to stay up for these things... if it's 3:30AM nowadays it would be 4:30AM without it. That said, dang you're so lucky lol. All three browsers the same instance xD

Good luck camping XD

Oh ya, not sure if you're aware of it or not, when the system tells you to wait for 10mins or so, better wait for it before retrying or you're likely to get banned.

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #100,070 of 177,750
  lol chatting XD
I've been a local headfi meet once (the one jgray and graphiz also attended, they didn't aware of me though..). The space was full of chatting noises orz, but then that didn't stop jgay listening and taking notes on all the gears...

Actually it was quite a supprise to me when Chihayafuru got a season2, as season1 wasn't selling well for what I know. That said, I am wishing for a season3...

lol blood pressure, reminds me of School Days.. that was ^$%#@* experience to me = =

Good luck camping XD

Well, I hope I like it :)

Watching ep 2 righ tnow

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #100,071 of 177,750

You bought them!!??

Yeah (well the $49 stereo headband tier at least). As someone who is interested in cochlear implants and restoring hearing in general, I thought it would be a pretty neat experience and piece of technology. Google Glass also uses bone-conduction technology.

I mostly chatted at the meet. I didn't get to listen to a lot of the gear there as I was busy explaining my setup/audio in general. There were a lot newcomers at this meet so it was a nice change of pace. Also, I kept notes in my handy-dandy panda notebook.

lol chatting XD

It was a pretty noisy meet. XD
I had to turn up the STAX's volume potentiometer to the 11-12 o'clock positions to get sufficient volume levels. T_T
Normally I have the volume potentiometer set at 8:30-9:30 o'clock.

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #100,072 of 177,750
Yeah (well the $49 stereo headband tier at least). As someone who is interested in cochlear implants and restoring hearing in general, I thought it would be a pretty neat experience and piece of technology. Google Glass also uses bone-conduction technology.
I had to turn up the STAX's volume potentiometer to the 11-12 o'clock positions to get sufficient volume levels. T_T

What did/do you think of it? 

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #100,073 of 177,750

What did/do you think of it? 

They're definitely not high-fidelity, at least with these transducers. The treble is pretty much non-existent and the regular spacial cues you get from binaural or panning stereo sounds are kind of lost. Binaural music can still work out though depending on the instruments used.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecOrBqQAuXg[/video]

The placement of the transducers also makes a huge impact on how they sound. I found the best place to put them is right in front of your ears kind of by your jawline. If you put your fingers there and talk, you can feel the bones vibrate, and that's how bone-conduction works in principle. I'm not entirely sure where the transducers are on the Google Glass, but another area for bone-conduction is somewhere above your ear.

The transducers also have a gel-like material on it similar to those on electrocardiogram electrodes, so you can stick them on a surface, and you'll get an enhanced bass response similar to the WOWee One due to the vibrations, and that is what you can hear when you put the transducers are placed on your head. The sound is pretty warm overall.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKPMEbvlN9k[/video]

Watch at 9:33. People at the meet had some fun doing that on the folding tables. They literally shook the whole table. XD

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #100,076 of 177,750
  There is no lecturing in Chihayafuru. Only feels. And a lot of people slapping the ground for some reason that supposedly only the Japanese can understand.

Just finished ep 2, quite nice.

Waiting for the feels. Although some ******** on another site when I was looking up general ratings for Chihayafuru ruined something that happend. That *********

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #100,077 of 177,750

Yeah, they had a huge sale. I only got two things but I could've got a few hundred dollars worth at excellent prices if I'd wanted to

Mac OS: dumb edition.
I dumbed down my OS so it's easier for non-Mac people to use it.

How do I get to my music? Just like in Windows, you double-click on the "shortcut to Music" folder, or you click on the folder in the Dock with the music note.
I hate the Dock thing. Well good for you, I only included the relevant apps in it so you don't need to worry about it. XD

Lmao, because macs were sooo hard to use...

STudio Ghibli!
biggrin.gif

Any more pics?

Yep, I tried them and they're pretty awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back