「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #100,052 of 177,750

You don't like preach-y shows, huh? Don't watch Ergo Proxy. Now THAT'S "forced themes".

But I get your point. Sometimes I watch anime just for fun, and when there's all this "depth" that the writers are trying to force down my throat, I get irritated.

But actual smart shows, like Tatami Galaxy and what-not, are always welcome to me.

It's not that I don't ike preachy shows. I like shows that 'preach' but do it through metaphors that aren't really easy to see.

SSY offers some great preaching, but not directly. It preaches by showing. And it shows through the set of moral ideals and definitions that it binds the society it creates. (which is just one of the examples)

I've seen Ergo Proxy, I don't remember most of it sadly.

I've gotten irratated at least once in EVERY episode of Planates so far. It makes me want to throw up how direct and preachy it is. However the good thing about Planates is that it is able to defuse the preachyness VERY well, so that I hate it much less by the time the episode is over.

A + B = Profit?

A + B + ? = Profit.

My idea of formulaic isn't like A + B. It's more of a natural process of creating something that the creators also want, but with a 'direction' and focus to it where its known to not do some things and or add other stuff (girls falling on guys while wearing skirs and landing on their faces) amongst other things.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #100,053 of 177,750

A + B + ? = Profit.

My idea of formulaic isn't like A + B. It's more of a natural process of creating something that the creators also want, but with a 'direction' and focus to it where its known to not do some things and or add other stuff (girls falling on guys while wearing skirs and landing on their faces) amongst other things.

deadhorse.gif
+
deadhorse.gif
+
confused.gif
=
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #100,056 of 177,750

Yep, got the BD for $13.

Whoa, there's an hour and a half of specials on this Level3 CD! And they even have English subtitles for the interviews and stuff!

I need links to both of these please 

http://www.wowhd.us/CD/perfume-level-3-cd-dvd/dp/35367747#bc=25b0

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ojgLtX3VXOYKZmU4Tc/browse/item/98182/4/0/0

Garden of words is no longer on sale though.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #100,057 of 177,750
Jan 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #100,058 of 177,750
Mac OS: dumb edition.
I dumbed down my OS so it's easier for non-Mac people to use it.

How do I get to my music? Just like in Windows, you double-click on the "shortcut to Music" folder, or you click on the folder in the Dock with the music note.
I hate the Dock thing. Well good for you, I only included the relevant apps in it so you don't need to worry about it. XD

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #100,059 of 177,750
  My gawd. Gimme one xDD or at least stop trying to make more so I can get mine.
It's a real hassle trying to get into registration since... it's like 2~4am when they do it usually.

But apparently they're sorta doing a crackdown to ban/delete mule accounts, since there's just not enough slots for everyone to begin with.

Well, I don't mind giving you one of my early state accounts to play with, just that I can't give you my email account Orz.. (which means you will need my help when the system tells you to change password, so far this happened once with each of my accounts)

Just confimed all my accounts are still alive :D

Actually, I only tried once for the registration, and all three browsers I opened happened to get in at the same time.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #100,060 of 177,750

How do I get to my music? Just like in Windows, you double-click on the "shortcut to Music" folder, or you click on the folder in the Dock with the music note.
I hate the Dock thing. Well good for you, I only included the relevant apps in it so you don't need to worry about it. XD

Why not just keep those windows active? But of course, someone might close it I guess?

What were you doing during that meet?

Just saw Chihayafuru ep 1. Pretty good and interesting. I've been looking for a 'serious' anime for a while now. Planates pisses me off with its brain-dead lectures at least once every episode. I still like the show, its quite nice, but my blood pressure is going to shoot through the roof if I watch it consecutively. It's not the lecturing, but the stone-headed idealists doing the lecturing that makes me want to throw up.

Obviously Chihayafuru will probably have some of it, but I doubt it will be the kind I truly have a problem with (which, sadly is the kind Planates uses). 

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #100,061 of 177,750

Why not just keep those windows active? But of course, someone might close it I guess?

What were you doing during that meet?

Yeah, some people closed it to listen to their own playlist.

I mostly chatted at the meet. I didn't get to listen to a lot of the gear there as I was busy explaining my setup/audio in general. There were a lot newcomers at this meet so it was a nice change of pace. Also, I kept notes in my handy-dandy panda notebook.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #100,062 of 177,750

I mostly chatted at the meet. I didn't get to listen to a lot of the gear there as I was busy explaining my setup/audio in general. There were a lot newcomers at this meet so it was a nice change of pace. Also, I kept notes in my handy-pandy panda notebook.

I need to get my own handy-pandy-panty-pantsu-panda notebook as well....dammit. One of these days.

Nice, who did you talk to? Any more pics of the meet?

Did you convert any people to AAMML life? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #100,063 of 177,750
  Planates ep 7. Much much better. A lot less forced. 

Ahhh..yet again, another episode of Planates with Schitty forced themes and ideologies -_-

I've gotten irratated at least once in EVERY episode of Planates so far.

Watching Planates is fun and all. I like the show

Planates pisses me off with its brain-dead lectures at least once every episode. I still like the show, its quite nice, but my blood pressure is going to shoot through the roof if I watch it consecutively. It's not the lecturing, but the stone-headed idealists doing the lecturing that makes me want to throw up.

I'm confused. You mean Planetes, with that hyper-idealistic girl that's super preachy?
Think Planet + es.

But yeah, my brother had  trouble getting through that show too because of that girl.
Just as he also had trouble with Steins;Gate until the second half. Apparently Kyouma was too much for him lol.

Well, I don't mind giving you one of my early state accounts to play with, just that I can't give you my email account Orz.. (which means you will need my help when the system tells you to change password, so far this happened once with each of my accounts)

Just confimed all my accounts are still alive :D

Actually, I only tried once for the registration, and all three browsers I opened happened to get in at the same time.

Ack... it's true it's by email address... gah nvm Dx
Already camping for today's registration. That makes it the 3rd consecutive one I am going for. Hopefully I get better luck this time around. Once Daylight Saving is back, it would be much harder for me to stay up for these things... if it's 3:30AM nowadays it would be 4:30AM without it. That said, dang you're so lucky lol. All three browsers the same instance xD

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #100,064 of 177,750
  I'm confused. You mean Planetes, with that hyper-idealistic girl that's super preachy?
Think Planet + es.

But yeah, my brother had  trouble getting through that show too because of that girl.
Just as he also had trouble with Steins;Gate until the second half. Apparently Kyouma was too much for him lol.

Ack... it's true it's by email address... gah nvm Dx
Already camping for today's registration. That makes it the 3rd consecutive one I am going for. Hopefully I get better luck this time around. Once Daylight Saving is back, it would be much harder for me to stay up for these things... if it's 3:30AM nowadays it would be 4:30AM without it. That said, dang you're so lucky lol. All three browsers the same instance xD

Yeah, Hachi and Tanabe and their super idealistic preachiness are killing it for me. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for how flawed and short sighted they are in their preachings and in how the anime protrays those preachings as 'correct'. Obviously these play into character flaws, and development. But the anime isn't doing it in a way that exactly makes it easy on those weak for that kind of stuff.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #100,065 of 177,750

I mostly chatted at the meet. I didn't get to listen to a lot of the gear there as I was busy explaining my setup/audio in general. There were a lot newcomers at this meet so it was a nice change of pace. Also, I kept notes in my handy-pandy panda notebook.

I need to get my own handy-pandy-panty-pantsu-panda notebook as well....dammit. One of these days.

Nice, who did you talk to? Any more pics of the meet?

Did you convert any people to AAMML life? :D

Many new people? Also some veterans. I brought the bone-conducting transducers to the meet and people were a bit freaked out by them since you don't hear the sounds like a normal soundwave going into your ear.

The event was at a museum open to the public too, so it was interesting to talk to visitors passing by who were wondering what the heck this is all about, hahaha.

No AAMML converts, but they played some scenes of Porco Rosco in the TV displays in the middle of the room as part of their demonstration for some sort of camera rail-mount system that one of the Head-Fiers was using.

I'll upload some more pics as soon as I get my computer back in non-dumb-mode and I organise some stuff before going back to school tomorrow. I recently wiped my hard drive and installed OS X 10.8 from scratch since I had problems getting to the login screen upon booting up the Mac. Nothing too serious though since this speedy solid state drive makes the process relatively simple. I'm kind of surprised they don't allow secure erasing of SSDs with the Disk Utility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back