「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #96,137 of 177,750
  Woah. So how were the Shures?

I would like to know too!
People weren't thaaaaat happy with it. Not because it's bad, but they just expected something different.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #96,138 of 177,750
  What browser are you using? Maybe try another one? I have never had that happen to me. Maybe some settings gone wrong

Chromium, but I tested and it happens in Firefox too. Weird coincidence though, I just accidentally discovered a workaround completely by accident a few minutes ago. Normally, from my subscriptions page, when I want to go read new posts in a thread I usually click on the link to the latest post to get to the thread. From there I used to click the link to "xx unread posts" and it would take me to my last unread post. That no longer functions for me. However, if from the subscriptions page instead of clicking the link to the latest post of the desired thread, I click the main thread title link (shows up in bold for threads with new posts), this takes me to the beginning/OP of the thread. If from there I then click the 'xx unread posts" link...it works! Weird.

Maybe you can take a screenshot of it? I have no idea what you're talking about. XD

^I'm talking about this thing. It's at the bottom of threads right next to subscribe, search this thread, preferences, etc.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #96,140 of 177,750

Chromium, but I tested and it happens in Firefox too. Weird coincidence though, I just accidentally discovered a workaround completely by accident a few minutes ago. Normally, from my subscriptions page, when I want to go read new posts in a thread I usually click on the link to the latest post to get to the thread. From there I used to click the link to "xx unread posts" and it would take me to my last unread post. That no longer functions for me. However, if from the subscriptions page instead of clicking the link to the latest post of the desired thread, I click the main thread title link (shows up in bold for threads with new posts), this takes me to the beginning/OP of the thread. If from there I then click the 'xx unread posts" link...it works! Weird.

^I'm talking about this thing. It's at the bottom of threads right next to subscribe, search this thread, preferences, etc.

Wut>? I don't use the subscriptions page so I wouldn't know :/
  Shures...the horror! 
ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ​

You Shure about that? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #96,141 of 177,750

Wut>? I don't use the subscriptions page so I wouldn't know :/

You Shure about that? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Really? I have no idea how I would keep up with anything without using the subscriptions page. I've tried using a few other forums before but just gave up because none of them are laid out the way Head-fi is with an efficient way for me to keep tabs on threads.

Haha. At least lower number SRH models for people with larger or wider heads maybe.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #96,143 of 177,750
Really? I have no idea how I would keep up with anything without using the subscriptions page. I've tried using a few other forums before but just gave up because none of them are laid out the way Head-fi is with an efficient way for me to keep tabs on threads.

Haha. At least lower number SRH models for people with larger or wider heads maybe.
I have hundreds of sub pages because i never deleted any and i have settings for sub every page i reply to -_-

I use my recent actiity page :/

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #96,145 of 177,750

I see. I guess I've always just liked the way it's laid out when you use "threads" mode better.

The subsciptions red box does help tell me if any threads have updated though. I then go down my profile page to see my recent activity to see which one it is haha
I have over 1k subscriptions right now

I'm deleting them all right now :)

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #96,146 of 177,750
Maybe you can take a screenshot of it? I have no idea what you're talking about. XD

Oh that? I never use it. XD

When you click on it, it goes to the first post that you haven't read yet.

i.e. When I click on this, it goes back 5 posts to bowei's post with the "You Shure about that"

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #96,147 of 177,750
  The subsciptions red box does help tell me if any threads have updated though. I then go down my profile page to see my recent activity to see which one it is haha
I have over 1k subscriptions right now

I'm deleting them all right now :)

Haha. I never really had a problem since threads with new replies move to the top of list, but I did the same thing a while back. 

Oh that? I never use it. XD

When you click on it, it goes to the first post that you haven't read yet.

i.e. When I click on this, it goes back 5 posts to bowei's post with the "You Shure about that"

That's what it used to do for me, but alas no longer. When I click on it, it just refreshes the page and lands on the most recent post. Although I found a workaround which I explained a few posts back.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #96,148 of 177,750
I'm also exclusively using the Recent Activity page thingy.
It's just so convenient!
Heaf-Fi really is the most thought through forum I know.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #96,150 of 177,750

I would like to know too!
People weren't thaaaaat happy with it. Not because it's bad, but they just expected something different.

Honestly, I thought they were pretty good! Nothing I'd drop over $500 on though, honestly. Keep in mind the guy said this set had the bass filters in; my impressions would probably change with the "reference" filters or whatever the default ones were...
Anyway, like I said above, I'm surprised these are BAs. The bass has a very nice thump to it like your regular dynamic drivers, but it's a BA... Something I've only heard in these and I believe the Westone 3s that Tsujigiri had down in California. Female vocals felt a bit sucked out honestly, and although the treble had pretty decent detail, it felt like it was lacking some high frequency extension. Overall, everything just felt sort of muffled.

There's something I've been trying to ponder over the past week or two, and it has to do with the idea of clarity. I can't pinpoint an exact frequency range it's attributed to, but some audio reproduction devices just sound more "clear" to me than others. I don't think it has anything to do with bass, because I find the DUNU DN-1000s to be pretty resolving with pretty elevated bass, whereas I didn't find Lugia's $650 Audio Technica CKM-100s to be all that "clear". I find both the Mad Dog and SR-202 to exhibit this same kind of "clarity" as well.
I've heard people try and say it's frequencies around the 4k range that do this, but from my experience with the TDK IE-800s, which seem to have a peak there according to the graphs, I don't think this is true. I've also heard the 8-10k area being talked about as well, but too much of that just makes everything tizzy and bad...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back