「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #95,416 of 177,750
4gb...what is this? 2003?

Ram is so cheap nowadays.... Getting anything below 8 gb is just useless.

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #95,417 of 177,750
  How visible is it?
I thought it was your mom's computer anyway???

Woah, nice!
Are you sure that's enough RAM though? XP

As visible as a papercut is to your finger. Like 1-2cm long, papercut deep

Do you think they'd buy it if i said the scratch was a defect i missed? Since it is a refurbished laptop.

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #95,418 of 177,750

Nice. What are the specs on it?

Silverstone Temjin TJ08-e
Asus Maximus VI Gene
Intel Core i5 4670K
Cooler Master TPC 812 Heatsink
Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Paste
Gigabyte HD 7970 Ghz Edition x2
G.Skill 2x4GB 1866MHz RAM
Seagate Barracuda 3TB (taken out of a former eHDD)
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD
XFX 850W Black Edition Fully Modular PSU

Ooh, nice!
Any nice monitors/keyboards/mice?

4gb...what is this? 2003?

Ram is so cheap nowadays.... Getting anything below 8 gb is just useless.

Eh, depends on what you're doing. If you're a multitasking mofo like me, then 8+ is nice, but if you only run one or two programs at a time, 4GB is plenty.

How visible is it?
I thought it was your mom's computer anyway???

Woah, nice!
Are you sure that's enough RAM though? XP

As visible as a papercut is to your finger. Like 1-2cm long, papercut deep

Do you think they'd buy it if i said the scratch was a defect i missed? Since it is a refurbished laptop.

Sure, might as well give it a shot. Do it quick though. :wink:

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #95,419 of 177,750
  Bahahaha, that scene was glorious!!!

WELCOME, GUEST, TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SHAFT!!

Like I said, if this scene had happened in any other anime, I would have hated it.

Or the scene with the MC and Shinobi in the bathroom....I don't know what to say.
What a mysterious anime.

Yeah, basically. But as long as you don't buy a **** computer now, it should last you a few years. I probably won't need to upgrade my CPU or RAM for at least 3 years. Don't quote me on that though...

I'll go and buy some more RAM next month. 4GB isn't really enough for my needs.....for example, Battlefield 4 needs 6GB to run stable. Right now it's crashing like every third round which is really poopy.

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #95,420 of 177,750
My idea of RAM is basically stick as much of it in your computer as you can afford or as much as your computer allows. And worry about the rest of the stuff later.

Gaming with a couple of fairly large pictures opened up in Photoshop is a pain if you only have 4GB of RAM, and you happen to only have a 32-bit OS. 8GB or 16GB happens to be the magic number for me (well I have a rig with 4GB, but that's an old rig), anything above seems like a waste, anything below is cute, but lame. Unless you plan to upgrade later.

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #95,421 of 177,750

Bahahaha, that scene was glorious!!!

WELCOME, GUEST, TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SHAFT!!

Like I said, if this scene had happened in any other anime, I would have hated it.

Or the scene with the MC and Shinobi in the bathroom....I don't know what to say.
What a mysterious anime.

Yeah, basically. But as long as you don't buy a **** computer now, it should last you a few years. I probably won't need to upgrade my CPU or RAM for at least 3 years. Don't quote me on that though...

I'll go and buy some more RAM next month. 4GB isn't really enough for my needs.....for example, Battlefield 4 needs 6GB to run stable. Right now it's crashing like every third round which is really poopy.

Lol, that's basically how I feel about it too... It's just so bizarre, one can not fully explain the series to someone. 

The problem is that RAM is expensive now though mang!

(About $10 of that promo code was on the RAM. 
tongue.gif
)

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #95,422 of 177,750

Went ahead and tried making resin molds of my ear impressions... Wow. Fail.
My silicone negative had a rip and the resin just burst outta there loool. Well, it's kind of just for fun anyway but thats gonna be one hell of a cleanup to do. That contained is done for too.

(Yup, poured air-dry resin cause thats all that is accessible)

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #95,423 of 177,750

Went ahead and tried making resin molds of my ear impressions... Wow. Fail.
My silicone negative had a rip and the resin just burst outta there loool. Well, it's kind of just for fun anyway but thats gonna be one hell of a cleanup to do. That contained is done for too.

(Yup, poured air-dry resin cause thats all that is accessible)

Were you able to work out a deal on the drivers for said CIEM? :D

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #95,424 of 177,750
Were you able to work out a deal on the drivers for said CIEM? :D

Waiting on the holidays so we can start talking about something more solid. When the stuff in question are sitting half the continent away there's a limit to how much progress we can get xP

Though those aren't going to be CIEMs. These also are just testing to get better at things.

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #95,425 of 177,750

What? BF4 doesn't need anywhere near 6GB to run stable, the fact that DICE produced a half arsed port, collaborating with ATI and messing it up for non-ATI users says otherwise. They should've made BF4 a DLC to BF3 as far as I'm concerned. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #95,426 of 177,750
I did. Have to say, while it's way more different than C&C of yore, it's actually quite fun. TOO BAD EA FKED IT UP FOREVER WHEN THEY BOUGHT WESTWOOD! And Petroglyph is no better too. So much for ex-Westwood guys being good. At least Empire at War: Earth Assault isn't too bad; actually love it.

Yeah I'm enjoying it but the storyline and characters are bit at loss for me as the last C&C game I played was I think Tiberium Wars or something, and before that C&C from 1999.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #95,427 of 177,750
Just did some price comparison

The AMD 7870 or 7870 CrossfireX seems to be the best price to performance ratio right now considering its only $140.

I think I may just buy two as two in CrossFireX get about the same performance (92 approx) as the R9 290 but for $120 less. But of course, Vram mirroring and Crossfire has its own problems.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #95,428 of 177,750

Were you able to work out a deal on the drivers for said CIEM?
biggrin.gif

Waiting on the holidays so we can start talking about something more solid. When the stuff in question are sitting half the continent away there's a limit to how much progress we can get xP

Though those aren't going to be CIEMs. These also are just testing to get better at things.

Oh, really? Nice! :D

Hmm, just found measurements for a lot of the basic STAX on some Russian audio site.
SR-202:

SR-303:

SR-404:

SR-507:

Is it me, or does the SR-2050 system (AKA the 202) look to have the best bass extension of the whole bunch?
I'd say these decently correlate with what I'm hearing on my Stax. Except not. Everything just sounds better on Stax than all the other gear I have! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #95,429 of 177,750
  Just did some price comparison

The AMD 7870 or 7870 CrossfireX seems to be the best price to performance ratio right now considering its only $140.

I think I may just buy two as two in CrossFireX get about the same performance (92 approx) as the R9 290 but for $120 less. But of course, Vram mirroring and Crossfire has its own problems.

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...
So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #95,430 of 177,750
  Oh, really? Nice! :D

Hmm, just found measurements for a lot of the basic STAX on some Russian audio site.
SR-202:

SR-303:

SR-404:

SR-507:

Is it me, or does the SR-2050 system (AKA the 202) look to have the best bass extension of the whole bunch?
I'd say these decently correlate with what I'm hearing on my Stax. Except not. Everything just sounds better on Stax than all the other gear I have! 
biggrin.gif

By best are you referring to neutral bass extension or bass extension depth? 202 has hardly any bass extension depth compared to a 404/303 but is more neutral one way or another.

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...
So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

A good 550-600watt is all you need for Crossfire or SLi. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back