「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #94,141 of 177,750

Wait? How many people went to this event?

Free DAC? Where?

We had:
-Me
-Michelle
-Lugia
-Michelle's friend Michelle
-Michelle's friend's friend 
-Nimzerz (Local Seattleite who wanted to listen to the Alpha Dogs)

It was in a Japanese magazine. Lugia said he bought the last 5 from the publisher. The magazine was 3000 yen though.

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #94,143 of 177,750
  Wish I coulda been there D:
for the candies of course. All those different candies for the difference senses xP

Lolz
You really need to try and make it over to WA at least once in your life! :D

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #94,146 of 177,750
  We had:
-Me
-Michelle
-Lugia

It was in a Japanese magazine. Lugia said he bought the last 5 from the publisher. The magazine was 3000 yen though.

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #94,147 of 177,750
Man, I want a free DAC. Using a Squeezebox Classic is a pain in the rear end. Not that I have an amp right now. 
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #94,148 of 177,750

Just a bunch of candy from Halloween.
Skittles, taste the rainbow.
Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

Nice! great to have some of those in a meet :p

Yeah, it held us over until Chipotle and crepes after the meet! XD

Lolz
You really need to try and make it over to WA at least once in your life! :D

I wonder if it's a possible stop instead of Vancouver on a flight path to Asia... if it is, I'll take note to do that next time I go (date unknown... less and less sure I can make my original spring plans).

Hehe, that would be sweet! That could give me an excuse to go to ze Canada!

We had:
-Me
-Michelle
-Lugia

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?

I have no screwing clue.
Calling @lugia862.

Man, I want a free DAC. Using a Squeezebox Classic is a pain in the rear end. Not that I have an amp right now. 
frown.gif

Lol, you could always use a digital volume control in Windows :3

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #94,150 of 177,750

If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #94,151 of 177,750
  Wish I coulda been there D:
for the candies of course. All those different candies for the difference senses xP

After eating a Butterfinger candy, everything just sounds so smooth.

On the other hand, if you eat a bag of Skittles, your opinion of a headphone's sound changes since you can't make up your mind about the "flavour" of it.

I prefer a Snicker's though because headphones become less power-hungry upon eating one.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #94,152 of 177,750

If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

Wow, lucky. I get more promotions for a magazine that's I'm subscribed for the next 5 years. I'd rather get cute things like that. Or in my case, a wrench.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #94,153 of 177,750
Getting bored with lack of new headphones that catches my eyes, Alpha Dog is great as a portable phone, K812 is good sounding but the whole package is lacking. Meh.

Need more wearable nyaa.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #94,155 of 177,750

Lol, you could always use a digital volume control in Windows :3

I've been using my onboard sound for so long. :3

It's not thaaaaaat big of a difference, until you get into hifihifi.

Nope, that would be the Lehmann Black Cube Linear with a crazy 2 gauge power cable.

Interesting. I'm thinking I'll be getting a couple of the Dengeki G's magazines at the bookstore; it seems some of them have pretty awesome extras like figurines and pillow covers and such for only 1500 yen or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back