「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #94,112 of 177,750
These 230kb/s files are not even tagged properly....

I've seen the digital promo "copies" from big labels having the same problem. My dad works in the radio, so he got the mp3 files for the last Helloween album. Leaving it itself alone (was terrible, just as uninspired as the last few Megadeth albums and I had this "I heard that melody/riff somewhere already" for the whole thing), it wasn't properly tagged as well. Even better, filenames were just titles, so I had to go to Wikipedia to know the order of the tracks...

Don't really get this kind of promos for myself, so that might be just one time mistake. Dunno.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #94,113 of 177,750
I've seen the digital promo "copies" from big labels having the same problem. My dad works in the radio, so he got the mp3 files for the last Helloween album. Leaving it itself alone (was terrible, just as uninspired as the last few Megadeth albums and I had this "I heard that melody/riff somewhere already" for the whole thing), it wasn't properly tagged as well. Even better, filenames were just titles, so I had to go to Wikipedia to know the order of the tracks...

Don't really get this kind of promos for myself, so that might be just one time mistake. Dunno.

Helloween is just way too long in business now :D
Who would really expect something new from them?

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #94,114 of 177,750
Today I learned that there is a Uchuu Kyoudai life action movie. In fact, it's one-and-a-half year old already. And it's surprisingly good.

One of the best things is that they actually used American actors whenever Americans were talking, instead of krappy engrish. And they had a really cool self reference where Buzz Aldrin (second moonwalker) said in a response to the question who he was: 'Me? I'm just an old man who took a stroll on the moon a long, long time ago'. :D

One slight disappointment was that they kinda failed to show the moons lowered gravity. But that's alright since it's pretty difficult to get those kinda special effects.

I am content. Better than expected, definitely.

Not that anyone here will care probably, since I'm one of the very very few in this thread who actually appreciates the #BestAnimeEver.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #94,115 of 177,750
Just got done setting up for our first Audio Club meeting at UW. All other club members have either cancelled already or said they're going to be late... 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #94,118 of 177,750
When was the last time I posted here?

I just came back from Paris and during my stay there, I went to the Paris Games Week. An annual games convention.
It was crowded to the bone and the queue to try out Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Call of Duty: Ghosts was extremely long. You need to wait at least 50 minutes to get a chance to try them and I just gave up, couldn't be bothered.
The same can be said in the PS4 queue though a bit less waiting time but still extremely crowded. Managed to try Killzone Shadow Fall and Drive Club. While I can't really comment on the game, I can comment about the graphics and the controller's ergonomics.
Graphics were great but nothing mind blowing. Kill Zone Shadow Fall looks very nice but it looks like a modern FPS on the PC with Medium to High graphics turned on.
The controller was great though. The DualShock 4 is a big improvement over the 3. No more mushy triggers, the buttons have a nice click and the build looks fairly robust and it fits nicely in the hands.

I also tried the XBox One and I didn't really like its controller and I felt that it was a step backward from the 360 Controller. It's small, less ergonomic and the rumble on the trigger is an acquired taste which I didn't really like.

Other than that I found a Japanese library called Junku and it was absolute heaven! Full of Japanese books everywhere and when you go downstairs, it's shelf upon shelf of raw Japanese Mangas (there were also a section of translated mangas) and artbooks. They also sell paper specially used for Manga and also screen shading materials all imported from Japan.
Pictures:

I bought these two lovely artbooks when I was there:

I always wanted the artbook on the left for a year lol. It was just that it was so effing expensive in Indonesia (when I was there) that I always waited and then one day it just disappeared. Now that I'm in France, away from my parents with my own money, I have the liberty to bring a little souvenir. 
redface.gif

Also something else I've had the chance to go to somewhere quite daring yesterday when I came back from Paris which I will show you after the break.

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #94,120 of 177,750
  I should be asking myself that. I've been lurking around my own thread for a week or so already.

I haven't been lurking anywhere. I just disappeared off the radar of this thread and when I returned I saw 1000 unread posts.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #94,121 of 177,750
Might be a bit random but.....am I the only one here who does not like sidegrades?
Everyone likes upgrades. Goes without saying.
But sidegrades? Hmmm I absolutely see why people (for example) buy different headphones in the same price category. Gathering experience and having one headphone for this genre and another one for that genre.
I'm not that kind of person for some reason.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #94,122 of 177,750
This post will contain some NSFW content so I will put the pictures in the spoiler box (except for the very first one) so that I won't scare children or people who suffer from homophobia.

Yes, I went to this convention:

Now there's a good reason for why I went there because there aren't many conventions like this in the world and also because I was curious and it could provide to me a big lump of inspirations for my drawings.
This convention was mostly centered towards webcomic artists who showcase and sell their works but they also sell Yaoi and Yuri mangas from Japanese ero mangakas as well. It also provides a hindsight to the webcomic business where guests talk about their experience and hardships of promoting their work on the internet.
There were also some cosplays but this is not a very big convention so the level of craftsmanship was quite low though some piqued my interest such as a young lady cosplayed as Kau (picture below), a Togainu no Chi (a BL VN Game) character. It was more of an event where fans of this genre gather and talk about it and have fun. No surprise though the con was roughly 80% female and 20% male.
There aren't loads of pics because I actually suck at taking pictures on an uncontrolled environment. Also I didn't spend a long time at that convention.

I obviously couldn't leave without a souvenir. Here's what I bought

Yep, a Chibi version of Akira from Togainu no Chi.
Note that I did play the game. Honestly it was good but I liked DRAMAtical Murder better. 
redface.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #94,125 of 177,750
  @VortexBlast 
See anything you liked? Besides the ero ero of course 
redface.gif

Well lets say that it was a nice con but because I'm quite a virgin to the scene (lol why did I use that word), I didn't really tried to browse through the comics and most of them, I haven't heard of. Another reason is that I was quite nervous there and I felt so out of place lol (first timer to this kind of con). One comic really did catch me on, it was called Ephemeral (yeah, yeah Yaoi stuff) but at €10 for a 40 page book, I couldn't tempt myself to buy it. The drawings were gorgeous though.

I didn't see much Yuri stuff though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back