「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #90,691 of 177,750
So after Australia and Sweden totaly voted for the wrong parties/persons, Germany really wanted to join the club.
Great.
It's just great.
Is anyone here willing to give me shelter for a while?

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #90,692 of 177,750
hey guys, I recently got a crunchy roll account. I'll have some free time over the next couple of weeks to watch alot of anime, so I was looking for some recommendations on anime I watch on crunchy roll besides attack on titan

to give you an idea of my taste, I liked:
attack on titan
code geass
FMAB
elfen lied
gurran lagan
evangelion
death note
soul eater

Angel beats
Bakemonogatari-Nisemonogatari-monogatari
Fate/Zero
Hanasaku Iroha
Kimi Ni Todoke
Muromi-san
My teen romantic comedy
Natsuyuki Rendezuous
Samurai Brides
The Eccentric Family
The Word God Only Knows
Time of Eve
Toradora
Usagi Drop
Watamote

........ School Days, that ending :3

Anybody play this?

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #90,693 of 177,750
Nope... But when I do, I just use my iPod classic or my old 32GB phone...
What, you didn't like this episode? I thought it was pretty damn glorious myself!
Also, is the oshino character breaking the forth wall, or was I reading too far into that scene?
I read cat as eat...
Wow I need to get my eyes checked..
Nope, the boxes are free from the USPS website, for the purpose of shipping stuff through the USPS...
rolleyes.gif

LOL, people aren't commenting on it at VT?

Not really, most say nice Russian/Chinese flag which makes me facepalm

I had more comments about stuff like this in the north east actually

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #90,694 of 177,750
:O why did no one tell my Sanctum was so freaking epic... just spent 10 mins building a very sexy maze to some awesome EDM... I can see where ppl find the second inferior to the first... I bought them both so I'l try to enjoy them different styles, 

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #90,695 of 177,750
  :O why did no one tell my Sanctum was so freaking epic... just spent 10 mins building a very sexy maze to some awesome EDM... I can see where ppl find the second inferior to the first... I bought them both so I'l try to enjoy them different styles, 

You know what's even better?
Building efficient mazes without some *bum bum bum bum* EDM!

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #90,696 of 177,750
  You know what's even better?
Building efficient mazes without some *bum bum bum bum* EDM!

I KNOW, I just turned off the in game BGM [I'm getting the flac ost into my EDM play list] but switching to foo bar for some variety! So OMG who wants to play S2 with me :D [I got some map packs I can get more if need b] 

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #90,697 of 177,750

Say what? I said it was awesome 2 months ago when I got it from the summer Steam sale. XD

Do you guys have any games to recommend to play? 

I'm open to all genres! (more or less lol) 

I also really like Sanctum 2 which is a tower-defense/first person shooter; a unique combination.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #90,698 of 177,750
They're glass. Pretty good quality, though of course they are nothing near slate/clamshell ones. Or in the very least it's incredible compared to plastic or paper stones I usually play with. Getting clamshell/slate ones as a birthday present would be a little too pricey :p
The board is beech wood by the way. That's pretty sweet as well.

I know playing against myself is good, and I probably will. Additionally, I'm probably going to play weekly at a club. I want to get at least to something like 15K, right now I'm 23/24K (based on matches against an 18K player) which ain't particularly good. xP

Beech wood's nice. Is it the ones where you have cabinets for stones pull out? I really enjoy the aesthetics of the bowls - all sorts of woods. Pricey as heck though. 

Washing the glass stones is very fun to do - I've only played with the slate/clamshells a few times but everything you end up washing them you're always on your toes because they're so darned pricey and delicate. Yunzi's really fun to wash as well, since the stones turn translucent and very pretty to look at. The texture's great as well.

Do have fun - it really is one of the best games around. Maybe everyone could go on Pandanet one day and make a group to play in.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #90,701 of 177,750
The biometrics hacking team of the Chaos Computer Club (CCC) has successfully bypassed the biometric security of Apple's TouchID using easy everyday means. A fingerprint of the phone user, photographed from a glass surface, was enough to create a fake finger that could unlock an iPhone 5s secured with TouchID. This demonstrates – again – that fingerprint biometrics is unsuitable as access control method and should be avoided.

Apple had released the new iPhone with a fingerprint sensor that was supposedly much more secure than previous fingerprint technology. A lot of bogus speculation about the marvels of the new technology and how hard to defeat it supposedly is had dominated the international technology press for days.

"In reality, Apple's sensor has just a higher resolution compared to the sensors so far. So we only needed to ramp up the resolution of our fake", said the hacker with the nickname Starbug, who performed the critical experiments that led to the successful circumvention of the fingerprint locking. "As we have said now for more than years, fingerprints should not be used to secure anything. You leave them everywhere, and it is far too easy to make fake fingers out of lifted prints." [1]

The iPhone TouchID defeat has been documented in a short video.

The method follows the steps outlined in this how-to with materials that can be found in almost every household: First, the fingerprint of the enroled user is photographed with 2400 dpi resolution. The resulting image is then cleaned up, inverted and laser printed with 1200 dpi onto transparent sheet with a thick toner setting. Finally, pink latex milk or white woodglue is smeared into the pattern created by the toner onto the transparent sheet. After it cures, the thin latex sheet is lifted from the sheet, breathed on to make it a tiny bit moist and then placed onto the sensor to unlock the phone. This process has been used with minor refinements and variations against the vast majority of fingerprint sensors on the market.

"We hope that this finally puts to rest the illusions people have about fingerprint biometrics. It is plain stupid to use something that you can´t change and that you leave everywhere every day as a security token", said Frank Rieger, spokesperson of the CCC. "The public should no longer be fooled by the biometrics industry with false security claims. Biometrics is fundamentally a technology designed for oppression and control, not for securing everyday device access." Fingerprint biometrics in passports has been introduced in many countries despite the fact that by this global roll-out no security gain can be shown.

iPhone users should avoid protecting sensitive data with their precious biometric fingerprint not only because it can be easily faked, as demonstrated by the CCC team. Also, you can easily be forced to unlock your phone against your will when being arrested. Forcing you to give up your (hopefully long) passcode is much harder under most jurisdictions than just casually swiping your phone over your handcuffed hands.

Many thanks go to the Heise Security team which provided the iPhone 5s for the hack quickly. More details on the hack will be reported there.

So much for the amazing security technology.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #90,703 of 177,750

The biometrics hacking team of the Chaos Computer Club (CCC) has successfully bypassed the biometric security of Apple's TouchID using easy everyday means. A fingerprint of the phone user, photographed from a glass surface, was enough to create a fake finger that could unlock an iPhone 5s secured with TouchID. This demonstrates – again – that fingerprint biometrics is unsuitable as access control method and should be avoided.

Apple had released the new iPhone with a fingerprint sensor that was supposedly much more secure than previous fingerprint technology. A lot of bogus speculation about the marvels of the new technology and how hard to defeat it supposedly is had dominated the international technology press for days.

"In reality, Apple's sensor has just a higher resolution compared to the sensors so far. So we only needed to ramp up the resolution of our fake", said the hacker with the nickname Starbug, who performed the critical experiments that led to the successful circumvention of the fingerprint locking. "As we have said now for more than years, fingerprints should not be used to secure anything. You leave them everywhere, and it is far too easy to make fake fingers out of lifted prints." [1]

The iPhone TouchID defeat has been documented in a short video.

The method follows the steps outlined in this how-to with materials that can be found in almost every household: First, the fingerprint of the enroled user is photographed with 2400 dpi resolution. The resulting image is then cleaned up, inverted and laser printed with 1200 dpi onto transparent sheet with a thick toner setting. Finally, pink latex milk or white woodglue is smeared into the pattern created by the toner onto the transparent sheet. After it cures, the thin latex sheet is lifted from the sheet, breathed on to make it a tiny bit moist and then placed onto the sensor to unlock the phone. This process has been used with minor refinements and variations against the vast majority of fingerprint sensors on the market.

"We hope that this finally puts to rest the illusions people have about fingerprint biometrics. It is plain stupid to use something that you can´t change and that you leave everywhere every day as a security token", said Frank Rieger, spokesperson of the CCC. "The public should no longer be fooled by the biometrics industry with false security claims. Biometrics is fundamentally a technology designed for oppression and control, not for securing everyday device access." Fingerprint biometrics in passports has been introduced in many countries despite the fact that by this global roll-out no security gain can be shown.

iPhone users should avoid protecting sensitive data with their precious biometric fingerprint not only because it can be easily faked, as demonstrated by the CCC team. Also, you can easily be forced to unlock your phone against your will when being arrested. Forcing you to give up your (hopefully long) passcode is much harder under most jurisdictions than just casually swiping your phone over your handcuffed hands.

Many thanks go to the Heise Security team which provided the iPhone 5s for the hack quickly. More details on the hack will be reported there.

So much for the amazing security technology.

I just watched the Bourne Ultimatum yesterday. Scotch tape + phone = instant fingerprint ID for the safe containing "top secret" information.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #90,704 of 177,750
This is why I've been pushing for genital recognizition. Hopefully people don't take too many pictures and wave it around and touch stuff with it.

National security is at risk people - shove your iPhones into your junk.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #90,705 of 177,750

Say what? I said it was awesome 2 months ago when I got it from the summer Steam sale. XD

Noted, how did u let me GO THIS LONG without Sanctum :O 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back