「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #79,577 of 177,750
This is just too funny to not be shared :D

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #79,580 of 177,750
Quote:
Seriously, what you wanna put in the filename that makes it so long?

An elgooG search says:

Quote:
As suggested above, you need to either:

a) Shorten the names of your files,
b) Shorten the names of your folders, or
c) Move your files to a folder that's not so deeply nested.

So, for example, if you files are in a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder of a folder on the drive, move them so they're in a subfolder that's closer to the top folder level on the drive.

Quote:
Path limit is 248 characters.
Path+Filename limit is 260 characters.

I say Phuket.

Folder: Opus Two, Charles Bernard, Marin Mazzie - Leonard Bernstein- Violin Sonata, Piano Trio, New Transcriptions
Song: 01 Sonata for Clarinet and Piano (arr. William Terwilliger) - I - Grazioso - Un poco piu mosso
^ something like that but that folder copied over just fine

Oop I found one:
Folder: Herbert von Karajan- Philharmonia Orchestra, Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Rita Streich, Irmgard Seefried, Rudolf Schock, et al. - Richard Strauss- Ariadne auf Naxos
Song: 1-08 PROLOG - Meine Partner! Meine erprobten Freunde! (Zerbinetta,Komponist,Musiklehrer,Primadonna,Tanzmeister)

http://www.amazon.com/Strauss-Ariadne-Naxos-Elisabeth-Schwarzkopf/dp/B00000K4GG

Not a bad album, but I prefer Jessye Norman more. XD

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #79,582 of 177,750
With me ricing my N7, here I wish that one thing android would have what my 808 PV have: two different layouts saved for landscape and portrait.

IKTF. On phone I don't use landscape, so I could safely disable it, but the tablet is a different thing. Especially annoying when choosing a wallpaper, since it has to work with both settings...

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #79,583 of 177,750
I read the manga and the transcript.

Both are pretty good and heart warming :)

Seeing how 2ch helped Densha Otoko makes me remember how you guys encouraged me to do stuff as well, and the good times I've had here in general. Perhaps nothing related to really big life decisions like in that story, but in the very least this place is ideal for blowing of some steam, or share things I'm excited about that other people may find boring.

Some people say that online people don't count as friends. I'd disagree. Having real life social contacts is very important, because humans need social interaction to train their social skills, and forums don't cut it. However, the great advantage of forums above real life social contacts is that I can tell you guys anything without feeling ashamed. Can't do that with real life friends, even my most close ones, when it comes to some things.

Which brings me to the following point:
Bowei, you post too much. Stop posting that much, it affects the amount of free time you have which will have negative consequences, since you could spend your free time doing something productive. :wink:

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #79,584 of 177,750
Oh. Entire path, not just filename. 

NTFS supports like 30k characters in a path name. Most file systems support a very long maximum path length. 

Windows, like many other OSs, defines an arbitrary maximum path length, because, who wants to allocate enough space for 30k characters when 99% of the time you are going to be using 1% of it at most. Unlike other OSs, it actually enforces it (yay~). Except when you use the Unicode variant of the Windows file APIs and append \\?\ in front of it, because, fsck you. But for the most part, so much crap happens when path lengths exceed maximum path length in Windows that everyone obeys the rules. Unlike other OSs, the maximum path length is a mere 260 characters, because, fsck you. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #79,585 of 177,750
Quote:
Seeing how 2ch helped Densha Otoko makes me remember how you guys encouraged me to do stuff as well, and the good times I've had here in general. Perhaps nothing related to really big life decisions like in that story, but in the very least this place is ideal for blowing of some steam, or share things I'm excited about that other people may find boring.

Some people say that online people don't count as friends. I'd disagree. Having real life social contacts is very important, because humans need social interaction to train their social skills, and forums don't cut it. However, the great advantage of forums above real life social contacts is that I can tell you guys anything without feeling ashamed. Can't do that with real life friends, even my most close ones, when it comes to some things.

Bowei, you post too much. Stop posting that much, it affects the amount of free time you have which will have negative consequences, since you could spend your free time doing something productive.
wink.gif

Yeah, you guys encourage me to do some random DIY and other anime watching as well :)

I come here to blow off mega steam.

Who the hell says that? Oh,....everyone :frowning2: 

Exactly, the amount of Fakku stuff that comes up here, personal interests and what not WOULD NEVER pass by my lips that easilly in real life....NEVER.

Bowei, you post too much. Stop posting that much, it affects the amount of free time you have which will have negative consequences, since you could spend your free time doing something productive. 
wink.gif

Ahh but you forget. I am an Amurican Senior. I am the definition of having time while still having good grades.

I am always doing something productive.....hahahaha lie. But yeah, I post on one screen, and watch anime, play games, etc on the other one.

You gave me a lengthy post so I gave you one back as well.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #79,586 of 177,750
Ahh but you forget. I am an Amurican Senior. I am the definition of having time while still having good grades.

I am always doing something productive.....hahahaha lie. But yeah, I post on one screen, and watch anime, play games, etc on the other one.

Not just FAKKU talk, also talking about my feels. It's easier to tell you guys what's on my mind when it comes to insecurities and feeling down than it does to real life friends. I have a slight feel of showing signs of inferiority like feeling insecure to RL friends.

Ah senior high school. What I was saying was hypocritical. Back then I didn't do crap but browse head-fi and watch anime either. Still, doing something productive would without a doubt be more... well, productive!

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #79,587 of 177,750
Quote:

wink.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #79,588 of 177,750
Yahoo watashi wa katta ze! *does a Final Fantasy win jig*

Aww yiss, Kain from FF: IV

I had no idea Arduino can have a "switch" case. Now my C5 has 3 modes of operation:
  1. Low gain mode, normal volume speed toggle, no flashing LED
  2. Low gain mode, slow volume speed toggle, fast-blinking LED
  3. High gain mode, slower volume speed toggle, faster-blinking LED

Finally I am ready to write my review. XD

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #79,589 of 177,750

Bowei, you post too much. Stop posting that much, it affects the amount of free time you have which will have negative consequences, since you could spend your free time doing something productive. :wink:

I never really poured my feelings IRL. I don't know why; maybe as the eldest of 5 siblings, I have to look strong for the fam, since I'm the shining star. That's tremendous pressure in of itself, and to explain that to someone else face to face is... daunting. Sure I never really bare myself here since I designate this as the "being dumb as bricks" place, but on the Diary Thread... I've done way more emotional discussions there than IRL.

That's on the more personal side, and on the more casual side, even then I still have a few masks for RL compared to the internet. Heck, now that I know graph is reachable IRL, I don't know how I'll act in front of him.

Friends on the internet are still friends, despite what others may claim. They share rage, joy, sadness together, and maybe more so than IRL friends. While anonymity usually is portrayed in a bad light, in this case, I feel that anonymity serves a nebulous, positive purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back