「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #79,561 of 177,750
Quote:
A fountain pen I presume?

In that case go with an entry level Lamy, like the Safari or Vista.

I'm not an expert on this either, but I do know that Lamy offers incredible bang for buck. I bought a Lamy Vista with two italic nibs the other day, and they are really nice.

Thanks! I'll look for deals and what not.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #79,562 of 177,750
Quote:
@before: Cynic = awesomeness

It's this time of the year agin...I'm on a full on Cynic trip :D

Best pencil I can offer. Some kind of cherrywood. Paid about 60$ for it.

No, it's not by Earsonics :p

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #79,563 of 177,750
Windows won't let me display Asian characters in Windows Explorer and Foobar2000. To fix this I'd need to download the Japanese Language pack. Problem is that it consistently gives an error during installation. After a quick google the only reasonable fix is to install the most recent Windows updates. But if I run updates I'm dead scared Windows won't boot anymore...
Not sure what to do.

Really? I think whenever I install Windows 7, Asian characters show up in both; without any language packs installed. Likewise for OS X.

Oh but then again, I have Windows 7 Ultimate Home Standard Premium Student Edition. I still don't know why Microsoft had to make 6 different versions of the same OS....

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #79,568 of 177,750
I don't like how Windows had a character limit for file names. It's extremely annoying copying classical music from Mac, with no file name length limit to my knowledge, to Windows. -_-

It's 255 characters because there's a few SZS song files with 259 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
-----------

HYPEROATS

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #79,570 of 177,750
Foobar2000.

It's File Operations feature is unmatched, you can do a lot of automatic tagging, moving, and renaming in foobar2000.

Ahk I use Foobar currently but I find the GUI extremely poor and bland and especially for me, hard to browse through so much music. Supposedly the JRiver or something called along the lines of that is better?

They didn't ship off my stuff yet, probably not until Monday :frowning2:

5250 yen shipping too (including domestic shipping) D:

:frowning2:

5250 yen shipping is cheap. Mine is at 11000yen LOL ah damn.

LOL wow, and you're considering adding more stuff to your order??? :eek:

Oh yeah. Got all the good stuff...
Wait, what about all the other good groups? Steely Dan? Fleetwood Mac? The Beatles? Stones? America? Eagles? ELO? I could go on for a while...
Oh, and what about George Harrison? My sweet lord is a pretty good song.

The Beatles? Never heard of them...

Don't like ELO, occasionalyl listen to the Stones. Just listened to Fleetwood Mac for the first time the other day, not sure what to think.
Don't know about Steely Dan, never listened to Eagles, and I don't know what you mean with America.
Tried George Harrison once, and found some extremely cheesy and crappy singer songwriter, but I should listen to some other albums of his.

Trololol, was just wondering since you didn't mention them and they are from the 60s/70s :p
America is a folk rock band. They have some pretty cool songs.

This is kind of awesome.

LOL, that is in fact the first time I've ever seen a message like that!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_os8HqfxHc[/VIDEO]

wat

Wow, dem synths make the song really weird... Do like though.

today's Project-IA report.

firmware beta release done, ready for the meet tomorrow! :D

Testing the thermal management system:
(controller on the green board)

Completed prototype:

NICEU!!!
Looks awesome dude!

OMG OMG :eek:
DATE A LIVE season 2 confirmed!! :D
Cant wait!!

Is the series actually that good?

It's so bad it's good, if that makes any sense...

Good thing I have Flash disabled by default then. I still haven't watched Madoka...

Wat...
Do eet already!

True men do not cable manage.

jk jk

I do it very often for my own wires

I don't manage my cables.
It's a PITA, airflow is just fine in my PC, and I never look at it in any case.
Furthermore if you're talking about cable managing in general, like the cables under my desk, then I don't care either, since the only time that I look under my desk is when cleaning.

Yay, finally someone who agrees with me!
The only reason I cable manage at all is so other people don't trip over the schiit -_-
And when removing cables, having tightly packed sets of wires can be a huge pain in the arse to remove just to get 1 cable our.

BTW., jgray; the guy who made the customization yesterday posted about the apps/widgets.
http://boards.4chan.org/w/res/1530754
Turns out I was right (except the icons, they were Holler! only), if it still interests you.

Outside of anything, found a nice butts thread on 2chan. Some really neat images inside. :3

Ooh, thanks! :D

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #79,574 of 177,750
Quote:
Why you sell it?

I prefer iDevice UI. Or at least something better designed than the C3. 

The usability just wasn't enough to sway me. It's been sitting there collecting dust. 

On a tangent, I received my silver/copper hybrid cable a few days ago. And what I heard was a night day difference in comparison to the original westone cable I received. I'm guessing it doesn't really get better from there and that more expensive upgrades won't do much to affect the sound. But, I can say I do like it better than the stock cable sonically. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #79,575 of 177,750
Quote:
I prefer iDevice UI. Or at least something better designed than the C3. 

The usability just wasn't enough to sway me. It's been sitting there collecting dust. 

On a tangent, I received my silver/copper hybrid cable a few days ago. And what I heard was a night day difference in comparison to the original westone cable I received. I'm guessing it doesn't really get better from there and that more expensive upgrades won't do much to affect the sound. But, I can say I do like it better than the stock cable sonically. 

Yep, UI is important on DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back