「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #79,443 of 177,750
Really simple and super tasty!

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Chile-Garlic-Shrimp

Most of the herbs I need for recipes right now, I can get from the garden in our backyard :)

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #79,444 of 177,750
Quote:
All this talk about food is making me hungry for some sweet black sesame paste.

or even a jin deui:

Oh cheesus christ, I love these things!
Mochis in general. Pretty hard to get here in Germany, though :'(

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #79,445 of 177,750
Quote:
It's only a meme if I include an image
wink.gif

Rammstein.. I used to listen to them, but eventually got bored. Since I'm in the Netherlands going to a concert of them is much easier than in the States probably. They've played at Pinkpop three times before, and I might go there next year or the year after if I have some friends to go with. Lot's of good band playing there, but the event is for 60k people, which is a little too big in my opinion.

Haha, but same words lol.

Not too sure, Rammstein is currently dong EU only concerts I think.
Quote:
Sweetened condensed milk. That makes me think of dulce de leche. That stuff is ridiculously tasty. I should make that stuff sometime soon.

Yep, Sweetened condensed milk is downplayed too hard in the U.S as a type of delicious sauce.
Quote:

or even a jin deui:

Speaking of which, why is it that the Chinese use red for "black" tea?
紅茶-black tea, literally red tea

I don't eat these too often, but if it has a red bean paste in it, then I hope to try it sometime.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #79,447 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
Sweetened condensed milk. That makes me think of dulce de leche. That stuff is ridiculously tasty. I should make that stuff sometime soon.

Yep, Sweetened condensed milk is downplayed too hard in the U.S as a type of delicious sauce.
Quote:

or even a jin deui:

Speaking of which, why is it that the Chinese use red for "black" tea?
紅茶-black tea, literally red tea

I don't eat these too often, but if it has a red bean paste in it, then I hope to try it sometime.

It depends on who made it. Sometimes there's red bean paste, but usually it's black sesame paste, which tends to be grittier in texture and less viscous in consistency.

Speaking of red bean, taiyaki sounds pretty tasty at the moment too. :3

And we have a bottle of these for sweetened condensed milk.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #79,448 of 177,750
In other news, I obtained two tickets for a Queens of the Stone Age concert in Amsterdam coming November. I'll go with a friend.

It'll be the first concert I'm ever going to, and it's one of my favorite artists on top of that. I'm so excited. :D

Live is always the best way to listen to music. My first, and so far, only, concert was of Muse. Pretty rad.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #79,449 of 177,750
In other news, I obtained two tickets for a Queens of the Stone Age concert in Amsterdam coming November. I'll go with a friend.

It'll be the first concert I'm ever going to, and it's one of my favorite artists on top of that. I'm so excited. :D

Are you going to get into the moshpit? \m/
:p

Nice! I have never been to a "big" concert. Like in a big concert hall etc.

But I have been to countless concerts with >200 people :D

Oh and a few big festivals. Biggest one was Wacken Open Air with over 80k people. Didn't really liked it that much. Too many "only here for the party, dude!"-people and...too many people in general :p

Yeah, wanted to go to Przystanek Woodstock last year, but got a terrible ear burning (or whatever it's called) the day before I was supposed to go. But yeah, when I told my friend that I'm not sure if I want to go this time time because there aren't that many bands interesting for me, he was like "What man, who cares?". :-/
I've been to some club gigs, one or two in amphitheatre, a few stadium gigs, like Deep Purple or David Gilmour (the concert that became "Live In Gdańsk" album) etc. I've also seen Kraftwerk in an industrial, storage-like hall. Not the best sonically, since THE WHOLE BUILDING resonated but hell, it was climatic.

It's only a meme if I include an image :wink:

A meme (/ˈmiːm/; meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."

:wink:

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #79,451 of 177,750
Quote:
Yeah, wanted to go to Przystanek Woodstock last year, but got a terrible ear burning (or whatever it's called) the day before I was supposed to go. But yeah, when I told my friend that I'm not sure if I want to go this time time because there aren't that many bands interesting for me, he was like "What man, who cares?". :-/
I've been to some club gigs, one or two in amphitheatre, a few stadium gigs, like Deep Purple or David Gilmour (the concert that became "Live In Gdańsk" album) etc. I've also seen Kraftwerk in an industrial, storage-like hall. Not the best sonically, since THE WHOLE BUILDING resonated but hell, it was climatic.

Most intense "concert" I've ever been to, was the Celtic Frost performance in Wacken 2011.

I can't really find the right words for this experience. They played on this huge stage at 1 am or so, only lid by some torches etc. The earth was literally shaking as it was fighting against this ungodly music!

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #79,452 of 177,750
Oh this is an Anime thread?
Well, if that's the case.

Today I finished Baccano (10/10), started Durarara and found out that this is an actual thing:

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #79,455 of 177,750
Quote:
wow that looks awesome. is there any detail which app was used?

Nope, at least not yet since it was only posted recently. Locker is most likely made in WidgetLocker (almost everyone modifying locker uses it), and the time/date widget looks like MinimalisticText. Icons look like Holler!, with appdrawer from SMPL.

That's only my guess, of course and I'm not sure about the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back