「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #66,256 of 177,745
Quote:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6614/microncrucial-announces-m500-ssd-line-of-ssds

1 TB ssd that performs better/on par with the m4 for sub $600?.... More money to waste

Oh. 2.5". Okay, I'm actually interested in it now. And it's modern hardware so I hardly ever say that.
HD's been running out of space already. And this is a good excuse to re-install from scratch (scary that I haven't re-installed in 3 years and somehow the system is still as peppy as it was before) so I can do that whole btrfs thing (wanted to migrate most of the home production machines to make my life easier, this will be a good testbed not to mention better support with kernel 3.9 will be out around the time this comes out yay) and encrypt my install as well. 

Yay, this actually seems like a legitimate purchase unlike all the audio stuff!

Quote:
Did you need to wipe cache/data? :p

Haha, you'll get to hear how good they are when we meet up. Though if you're looking for something significantly brighter than the LCD2, this probably isn't it :/

HAHA! I'm passing English 101 right now as a high school senior and getting 98%. Only reason I don't have higher is because I cbf to catch up on homework

No, my button was clogged so I couldn't get to recovery. Opened the case, there was a crumb stuck between the volume buttons.

Nah, just want something random for portable use. Either that or the open-box SRH940s from headphone bar.

I didn't hand in any projects apart from first term because of trips...so yeah (and the teacher won't let me hand in stuff online).

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #66,257 of 177,745
Quote:
No, my button was clogged so I couldn't get to recovery. Opened the case, there was a crumb stuck between the volume buttons.

Nah, just want something random for portable use. Either that or the open-box SRH940s from headphone bar.

I didn't hand in any projects apart from first term because of trips...so yeah (and the teacher won't let me hand in stuff online).

A crumb... Suuurrreeee... I think you meant to say a different word that sounds similar to crumb, except maybe without the R?
Depends on your definition of "portable" I guess as to whether they'd be good. They're awkward to wear around your neck like the cool kids wearing their beatz, and they aren't the best possible thing from an isolation point (IMO IEMs will always be superior)
Lol well pretty much our entire class is online except for one class once a week for 1.5 hours...

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #66,258 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Did you need to wipe cache/data? :p

Haha, you'll get to hear how good they are when we meet up. Though if you're looking for something significantly brighter than the LCD2, this probably isn't it :/

HAHA! I'm passing English 101 right now as a high school senior and getting 98%. Only reason I don't have higher is because I cbf to catch up on homework

Hey I have a SRH940. :3

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #66,259 of 177,745
Quote:
Hey I have a SRH940. :3

You also have the M-100s....
Jelly :3
Bah, I liked what I heard out of the Shures stock but wonder how they sound with the cotton-ball/rope under the pads trick. Any ideas?

Quote:
A crumb... Suuurrreeee... I think you meant to say a different word that sounds similar to crumb, except maybe without the R?
Depends on your definition of "portable" I guess as to whether they'd be good. They're awkward to wear around your neck like the cool kids wearing their beatz, and they aren't the best possible thing from an isolation point (IMO IEMs will always be superior)
Lol well pretty much our entire class is online except for one class once a week for 1.5 hours...

Okay I wasn't really sure what it was. Could have been a cat booger for all I know. It sort of makes sense, kind of....I did open the case last week to swap out the SIM card....
Portable as in on my head for a light commute on the skytrain and in the desk/closet at work.
But shame that I can't be a cool kid :frowning2:
I know but I have too many and they get tiring sometimes....
Booo.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #66,260 of 177,745
Quote:
We don't use GPAs here :p
1) Not sure if sarcastic or not. Code is what people use in gbatemp and kiddie forums, as in "dood you know how to code? Code me a website plz? Dood code this rom for me? Dood hack this pokemon save for me because I heard you know how to code? This is code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_(cryptography). Programming is using a language entirely. The concept is totally different. It'd be like if I replaced swim for every time I use jog. Yes semantics but...
2) Probably might need C, Java, C++, and whatever random stuff they force you in UW (for us...well everywhere it's Scheme) if you're going into CS/SE as a major/looking for early work/intership. Of course generalizing, you could probably do fine without it either, but it's like reading ahead of the class.

I prefer "programming" too, coding just doesn't sound right to me.

I'm gonna learn C after I'm done with my finals.

@mech
I suggest you learn C too, it's one of the most useful languages in the world.
Learn it with me over the summer
biggrin.gif

HTLM/CSS/Javascript is pretty useful too, since we practically live in the internet :p

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #66,261 of 177,745
You also have the M-100s....
Jelly :3
Bah, I liked what I heard out of the Shures stock but wonder how they sound with the cotton-ball/rope under the pads trick. Any ideas?

Okay I wasn't really sure what it was. Could have been a cat booger for all I know. It sort of makes sense, kind of....I did open the case last week to swap out the SIM card....
Portable as in on my head for a light commute on the skytrain and in the desk/closet at work.
But shame that I can't be a cool kid :frowning2:
I know but I have too many and they get tiring sometimes....
Booo.

Yup yup, too bad...
Rensselaer tenuous boy tried it one day, but he looked a bit absurd.
And IMO the huge dog pads are a bit like having a neck brace on... Not much neck movement. Oh well you'll be able to try them out yourself soon enough :)
Oyasumi Mina!

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #66,263 of 177,745
Quote:

I prefer "programming" too, coding just doesn't sound right to me.

I'm gonna learn C after I'm done with my finals.

@mech
Learn it with me over the summer :D

Hai hai, help me learn sensei!
It will be difficult learning it "with you" though since I'll probably be working, so I need to maintain a relatively sane sleeping routine over the summer, whilst you probably won't :p
Anyway, programming sounds like fun and I'd like to get into it sooner rather than later
(See how I used that new fancy schmancy lingo there instead of coding? :p)
Oyasumi for real this time.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #66,264 of 177,745
Why is everyone appearing offline??? :frowning2:

I set it that way so I could quit talking to someone I know IRL by saying "I had to go" (none of you guys though) and have been too lazy to set it back

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #66,265 of 177,745
Quote:
Hai hai, help me learn sensei!
It will be difficult learning it "with you" though since I'll probably be working, so I need to maintain a relatively sane sleeping routine over the summer, whilst you probably won't
tongue.gif

Anyway, programming sounds like fun and I'd like to get into it sooner rather than later
(See how I used that new fancy schmancy lingo there instead of coding?
tongue.gif
)
Oyasumi for real this time.

sensei = Twin?
I'm no programmer myself.

lol are you gonna work at McDonald or something?
I want to get a job and earn some spending money too.... but I have too much I want to do over the summer. (like learning C and making CIEMs)

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #66,268 of 177,745
Quote:
I set it that way so I could quit talking to someone I know IRL by saying "I had to go" (none of you guys though) and have been too lazy to set it back

Obviously us. Don't say go - just leave unexpectedly with no forewarning whatsoever. I sneak in and out like a Mongolian ninja.

Quote:
(See how I used that new fancy schmancy lingo there instead of coding?
tongue.gif
)

OMG so fancy. Pinkies out.

Why choose CS if you haven't done programming though? It's not as fun as you think. Okay it's sheer torture sometimes. Okay you might cry blood the first few weeks. But in all seriousness it's pretty lame. You solve problems (usually math when beginning ) with an abstract language. It's intriguing, but way less fun than you'd think unless you genuinely enjoy math and semantics and the likes.

In fact you don't even need a major in CS to be a programmer now. Nowadays any random person can pick up an easy to use toolset and just pumping away without having a formal education and still do what the general public considers as programming (i.e. make colorful iPhone apps). Rather a business major would likely be infinitely more useful in the long run.

Those are bitter words though so take with a bucket of salt.

Quote:
Why is everyone appearing offline???
frown.gif

They're all copying me! Copying me I say!
(I always do invisible on forums)
Quote:
Yup yup, too bad...
Rensselaer tenuous boy tried it one day, but he looked a bit absurd.
And IMO the huge dog pads are a bit like having a neck brace on... Not much neck movement. Oh well you'll be able to try them out yourself soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Oyasumi Mina!

Can imagine genius boy now....

It's okay used to the big pad thing with the Audeze's .Never hang them around the neck anyways, they'll be constantly on the head, probably with one ear exposed if I need it.

Quote:
@mech
Learn it with me over the summer
biggrin.gif

HTLM/CSS/Javascript is pretty useful too, since we practically live in the internet :p

I've....admittedly forgot my GOOD C practices (Haskell sullied my mind with the possibilities....and perl was never a place to learn non-messy code).

Aww, nerd date.

Nope no CSS never learned it probably will never need it.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #66,269 of 177,745
Quote:
sensei = Twin?
I'm no programmer myself.

lol are you gonna work at McDonald or something?
I want to get a job and earn some spending money too.... but I have too much I want to do over the summer. (like learning C and making CIEMs)

Will teach for nominal fee (ie buy me the C435s).
But I'm a horrible teacher, I used to yell at the kids all the time when teaching piano :p

Wash dishes like the cool kids ie me.
Make...CIEMs...
Can you make me CIEMs or is this going to be like the noise amp deal???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back