「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #66,228 of 177,747
Quote:
Overclock the phone and learn how to code 
wink.gif

I bet he loves to blow up his SD card...

BTW, messing with my Desire C, overclocking kernel right now. Going with the 767mhz version because I scaredy cat http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192750

Meh. Maybe I'll just get a lyr. Just noticed this thing is 15" deep too... Mini my ass
Pics?
Pics.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #66,229 of 177,747
Quote:
Overclock the phone and learn how to code 
wink.gif

It's a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, comes clocked at 1.2ghz, and I have it OC'd up to 1350 atm. I'm also going to be learning to code next year when I head off to college :)
I also don't want to kill off my battery.
Speaking of battery, the photobucket mobile app decided to eat through 50% of my battery today, so it got deleted. Any other good solutions for uploading photos to the web so they will be shareable yet semi-private?

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #66,231 of 177,747
Quote:
Meh. Maybe I'll just get a lyr. Just noticed this thing is 15" deep too... Mini my ass

Does the O2 in Project H really sound that bad? Or are you just looking to blow money on something?
Quote:
I bet he loves to blow up his SD card...

BTW, messing with my Desire C, overclocking kernel right now. Going with the 767mhz version because I scaredy cat http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192750

How can OCing blow up an SD card?
Also, Google devices don't have SD card slots in them because Google is turning to the dark side like Apple and charging you through the ******* ass for memory...

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #66,232 of 177,747
Quote:
 I'm also going to be learning to code next year when I head off to college :)

1) Hate it when people refer to it as code. A pet peeve. 
2) Err...maybe I'm out of place, but highly recommend learning before going undergraduate. If not for experience/future career, those Co-op programs/internships often hire ones with previous experience. Plus most CS/SE classes expect some experience with programming.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #66,233 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
 I'm also going to be learning to code next year when I head off to college :)

2) Err...maybe I'm out of place, but highly recommend learning before going undergraduate. If not for experience/future career, those Co-op programs/internships often hire ones with previous experience. Plus most CS/SE classes expect some experience with programming.

At the UW, CSE 142 is programming in Java from the ground up, no previous experience is required.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #66,234 of 177,747
Quote:
Does the O2 in Project H really sound that bad? Or are you just looking to blow money on something?
How can OCing blow up an SD card?
Also, Google devices don't have SD card slots in them because Google is turning to the dark side like Apple and charging you through the ******* ass for memory...

Wifey just wants to copy me and get the same amp as me :frowning2:

Mess up permissions, heh.

I know :frowning2:

Quote:
I went to 1.5 ghz on my old SGS for a few months before the Processor started melting.......... 

Yep yep.
All these added governors and schedulers on android messes with my head. I mean BFS, we have that on the desktop, and noop/deadline/cfq/bfq as well. But these random haxxor names for crap I don't get....ugh.

At the UW, CSE 142 is programming in Java from the ground up, no previous experience is required.

In the other UW (waterloo) you need prior experience (well basically admissions is tough and the optional requirement becomes sort of mandatory) :frowning2:
Maybe I'll just be moving down south...

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #66,235 of 177,747
The o2 is fine. Tbh I won't get anything until I go to a meet and compare what I have vs some other stuff other people have but I'm bored so I'm doing research ( aka spamming wifey with questions and complaining when it gets to hard)

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #66,237 of 177,747
Quote:

1) What should I call it then to make you happy?
2) I did a bit of half-assed programming (mostly copypasta code from online and writing a little myself, understanding the basic syntax) for Visual Basics for Applications over the summer...
Quote:

Yay!

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #66,238 of 177,747
Quote:

In the other UW (waterloo) you need prior experience (well basically admissions is tough and the optional requirement becomes sort of mandatory) :frowning2:

Admission into the CS/CSE department at UWashington is highly competitive. If you get below a 3.6 in CSE 142 your chances of getting in is pretty dismal from what I've heard.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #66,239 of 177,747
Quote:
Wifey just wants to copy me and get the same amp as me :frowning2:

Mess up permissions, heh.

I know :frowning2:

Lol, sounds about right
Ah, that makes sense. Not sure how making a CPU go above it's recommended speed affects permissions, but whateva
:/ Nexus 10 is still really tempting me though.
You should! We can start an audiophile club then!!!
Quote:
The o2 is fine. Tbh I won't get anything until I go to a meet and compare what I have vs some other stuff other people have but I'm bored so I'm doing research ( aka spamming wifey with questions and complaining when it gets to hard)

Lol then buy a better speaker amp for your speakers and tell me how much better it makes the Pioneers sound 
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #66,240 of 177,747
Quote:
Admission into the CS/CSE department at UWashington is highly competitive. If you get below a 3.6 in CSE 142 your chances of getting in is pretty dismal from what I've heard.

Any idea what percentage of people get accepted into the CS program when they're admitted to the college?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back