「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 3, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #61,846 of 177,745
Quote:

Ooh, I dig it, daddy-o
Quote:
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I'm expecting this to be a 13/10 anime, and that's probably bad if this turns out to be mediocre. I've done overexpectation before with JoJo, and that turned out to be waaaaaaaaaaay more than what I expected and more. So hopefully my HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE is justified. Also seeing shingeki no kyoujin cleaned up and in motion is just pure awesomeness, just like JoJo is. (hopefully)

I'm starting to read the manga now.

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #61,847 of 177,745
Quote:
Can anyone give me a few songs to A/B with my C4s vs generic $8 monos? Just wanted to do a lil comparison. Because right now, I'm wondering if I can actually hear the difference between a $1000 custom and an $8 bud.

Wat. >.>

Opus Two, Charles Bernard, Marin Mazzie - Sonata for Clarinet and Piano (arr. William Terwilliger) - I - Grazioso - Un poco piu mosso

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #61,848 of 177,745
Quote:
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I'm expecting this to be a 13/10 anime, and that's probably bad if this turns out to be mediocre. I've done overexpectation before with JoJo, and that turned out to be waaaaaaaaaaay more than what I expected and more. So hopefully my HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE is justified. Also seeing shingeki no kyoujin cleaned up and in motion is just pure awesomeness, just like JoJo is. (hopefully)

You posted that before.

Quote:
Can anyone give me a few songs to A/B with my C4s vs generic $8 monos? Just wanted to do a lil comparison. Because right now, I'm wondering if I can actually hear the difference between a $1000 custom and an $8 bud.

Sure.....
The album is 600MB.

Don't worry if you didn't find your CIEMs better sounding.
I think my $10 earbud sounds better than my $1305 CIEM.

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #61,849 of 177,745
Quote:

I LITERALLY did a 50-song hiphop dump a second ago. Not hi-fi but the musicality.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/647391/w-rap-sucks-2-0-rap-hiphop-appreciation-thread/600#post_9221569

Will I need to do a 50-song dump for jazz/classical/nicely-recorded stuff? Way easier.

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #61,850 of 177,745
Quote:

Skype'd you.

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #61,851 of 177,745
Quote:
I LITERALLY did a 50-song hiphop dump a second ago. Not hi-fi but the musicality.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/647391/w-rap-sucks-2-0-rap-hiphop-appreciation-thread/600#post_9221569

Will I need to do a 50-song dump for jazz/classical/nicely-recorded stuff? Way easier.

eww rap/hiphop. Not my taste XD

Jazz/classical is always welcome ^^. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #61,853 of 177,745
I noticed that no matter how "good" the soundstage of an IEM is, it can't ever beat the vastness of a mid-fi's soundstage. I'm told that the C4s have a larger stage than the Tg334s!, so I'd imagine it is somewhat up there...but this thing doesn't even touch past M100 depth. I guess this is somewhat of a learning experience. At least I do get the added benefit of an isolation headphones could never provide. 

Boris says this is the same thing with speakers vs headphones. Oh boy~

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #61,854 of 177,745
Quote:
I noticed that no matter how "good" the soundstage of an IEM is, it can't ever beat the vastness of a mid-fi's soundstage. I'm told that the C4s have a larger stage than the Tg334s!, so I'd imagine it is somewhat up there...but this thing doesn't even touch past M100 depth. I guess this is somewhat of a learning experience. At least I do get the added benefit of an isolation headphones could never provide. 

Boris says this is the same thing with speakers vs headphones. Oh boy~

I find the M-100's to sound too deep though, unnaturally deep. The K 701's don't even touch the depth of the M-100 for example, but its super-wide soundstage isn't exactly optimal either. Something in-between is something more preferable, such as the HD800 if I remember it correctly (Head-Fi people in Seattle for some reason don't like the HD800 very much and instead there's always 2-4 LCD-2's).
confused_face.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #61,855 of 177,745
...And this is why I think the journey should really be in increments. People always think they can "cheat" the system because the entire game's for audiophools. While there's always audiophoolery, the fact of the matter is, experience matters, practicing listening matters. 

Oh, but crackers-chan, that costs so much...no. Reselling will always get money flowing back into the pockets. Like anything else, you portion it out, make a plan, be smart about it. And this is really the key point, stay smart, stay vigilant. Because there's going to be hype, there's going to be obfuscation, and there's certainly going to be inaccurate information out there.  

Fact of the matter is, even if you're not a romantic, the journey is really worth more than the end result.

Stay smart. Buy safely. Then as you finally reach the top after an exhausting climb rather than take a plunge down some random hobo's private jet and plummet to your death, then you can blow money on stuff. brb ordered 10-pack of Qualias.

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #61,856 of 177,745
Anybody have a suggestion for mecha anime that's not all about OMG super overpowered BS mecha? Kind of like how Char's MS is just a Zaku (?) Ace custom or how Zech's MS is just an earlier prototype of the Leo (which is a real prototype, not the BS "prototype" OP PoS that most Gundams are). Can be non-Gundam.

tl;dr, mecha heavy show that doesn't have OP BS.

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #61,857 of 177,745
Welp, I'm in despair now, turns out I've wasted my day essentially.
Oyasumi miina.

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #61,858 of 177,745
Quote:
...And this is why I think the journey should really be in increments. People always think they can "cheat" the system because the entire game's for audiophools. While there's always audiophoolery, the fact of the matter is, experience matters, practicing listening matters. 

Oh, but crackers-chan, that costs so much...no. Reselling will always get money flowing back into the pockets. Like anything else, you portion it out, make a plan, be smart about it. And this is really the key point, stay smart, stay vigilant. Because there's going to be hype, there's going to be obfuscation, and there's certainly going to be inaccurate information out there.  

Fact of the matter is, even if you're not a romantic, the journey is really worth more than the end result.

Stay smart. Buy safely. Then as you finally reach the top after an exhausting climb rather than take a plunge down some random hobo's private jet and plummet to your death, then you can blow money on stuff. brb ordered 10-pack of Qualias.

Meh, I'd much rather just skip the long route and jump to the top. Even if I can't appreciate it fully, I'll still be able to experience beautiful music. When that becomes the standard for me, and if I still crave for more improvement, the next step can only be live music. Technology has its limits :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #61,860 of 177,745
Quote:
Meh, I'd much rather just skip the long route and jump to the top. Even if I can't appreciate it fully, I'll still be able to experience beautiful music. When that becomes the standard for me, and if I still crave for more improvement, the next step can only be live music. Technology has its limits :)

That's not the point. Not to be an elitist, but the dissatisfaction could just stem from lack of experience, on what you're hearing, what you hear, of what you thought you were going to hear. Again, you're trying to beat the system, but that's just not the ******* point. The experience is like a microcosm of life. You don't just get there, you appreciate the scenery. And then you realize that significance of it all. 

I want to say generational gap but we're the same age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back