Gain knob: 13mm Dia.
Volume knob: 32mm Dia.
Power button: 18mm Dia.
Power LED: 3mm Dia.
Mm or cm for panel?

Ok . Ill come back tomorrow with stuff. Im in bed reading manga

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #57,962 of 177,750
Quote:
Now i realize why numbers kun hates reading my posts.... I do over elaborate everything lol

LOL
Quote:
Mm or cm for panel?

Ok . Ill come back tomorrow with stuff. Im in bed reading manga

Let's do some math for a second Bowei, 430cm would be 4.3m, that's 12 feet...

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #57,966 of 177,750
Feb 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #57,967 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
For all you Project H people, what was the project goal? Was it to just update the major components of the O2 and ODAC and put it in a super awesome-looking case? Is everything analog controlled, or is there some digital stuff too?

I guess we more or less made an Objective no snake oil station. All in all the unit costed $85 for all the parts and $150 after the expensive case and everything. Project goal is in my signature. Cheap objective unit for everyone.

We have acheieved many things though. From a self produced update to the Objective line, to the possibility that something like this was thought of, created, made and shipped in a few months.

Central hub uses digital micro controller to control power management and switching tech. Everything else is analog. Analog pots and etc

Ah, sound pretty neat. So you guys basically built a custom DAC and paired it with a slightly modified O2?
How is the channel imbalance with the analog potentiometers? The O2 is kind of infamous for having the channel imbalance at < 8'oclock or so

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #57,969 of 177,750
Quote:
I guess we more or less made an Objective no snake oil station. All in all the unit costed $85 for all the parts and $150 after the expensive case and everything. Project goal is in my signature. Cheap objective unit for everyone.

We have acheieved many things though. From a self produced update to the Objective line, to the possibility that something like this was thought of, created, made and shipped in a few months.

Central hub uses digital micro controller to control power management and switching tech. Everything else is analog. Analog pots and etc

It was only cheap because Boris didn't charge for workmanship. It'd be at least $300+ if you added in build time as a cost. Especially given the limited number made. People forget to factor in the cost of labour to often these days.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #57,970 of 177,750
Nah, SSD for everything. At least, that's what I'd like.

Also, the Orpheus may be making an appearance at the London Head-fi Meet. :)

Aren't like a million people going to that though? Line will probably be supeeerrr huge.

Now i realize why numbers kun hates reading my posts.... I do over elaborate everything lol

Oh now he realizes.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #57,971 of 177,750
Quote:
Aren't like a million people going to that though? Line will probably be supeeerrr huge.

Oh now he realizes.

I've got all day. If I'm honest there are a few things I'll be looking to try to evaluate for possible purchase (fitear stuff, Heir universals, LCD2, HE500, T1, TH900, HD700, some tube amps). The rest will just be for fun. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #57,972 of 177,750
LOL
Let's do some math for a second Bowei, 430cm would be 4.3m, that's 12 feet...

I didnt want to do the math :)
Ah, sound pretty neat. So you guys basically built a custom DAC and paired it with a slightly modified O2?
How is the channel imbalance with the analog potentiometers? The O2 is kind of infamous for having the channel imbalance at < 8'oclock or so

Not a custom dac we built. One we bought.

My old one had that

It was only cheap because Boris didn't charge for workmanship. It'd be at least $300+ if you added in build time as a cost. Especially given the limited number made. People forget to factor in the cost of labour to often these days.

No i did. Before this even began, i asked borisu tens of times if he was actually ok with working on it. Knowing he wasnt going to make much.

Oh now he realizes.
Haha

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #57,973 of 177,750
Quote:

We used this DAC:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110709598915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#shId
Build a custom control board, and add an O2.
Quote:

Foxconn. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #57,974 of 177,750
Quote:
No i did. Before this even began, i asked borisu tens of times if he was actually ok with working on it. Knowing he wasnt going to make much.

No, you didn't read my post correctly. -_-

I said that would be the cost if Boris had decided to charge labour cost and the fact he did it for free contributed in no small part to the low cost of the PH units. Thus, if Boris decided to make and sell the PH commercially, it'd be at least a $300 unit(provided people liked it).

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #57,975 of 177,750
I've got all day. If I'm honest there are a few things I'll be looking to try to evaluate for possible purchase (fitear stuff, Heir universals, LCD2, HE500, T1, TH900, HD700, some tube amps). The rest will just be for fun. 

Mmm let me know what you think of the heirs if they have the tzars there. Curious to know how amping effects iems that need more power, since in my very limited experience with only the v3s it just seems like a waste of money.

Edit: nexus 7 your stupid ass autocorrect can go die in a ditch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back