「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #52,385 of 177,747
Quote:
hey guys, I'd assume that most circumaural drivers for headphones usually amount to 2 w/ the exception of gaming/other ones. I know CIEM/IEM's do have more than 2

Basically. Two drivers for most headphones here on head fi except for the gaming ones.

Not all IEM's have more than two(most don't). Most CIEM's do however while some do still use singles.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #52,389 of 177,747
Quote:
I had some latency problems for half an hour this afternoon but that was about it.

Meh, having some big issues. 1/16 of my promised speed.
Quote:
Anyone part of the mechanical keyboard elitist club like me 
tongue.gif

http://elitekeyboards.com/

Here! Me! I have a Filco Majestouch Black with Cherry MX Blues that I bought in Akihabara Electric City at the Cleverly keyboard store. It's the same thing as the Ninja but with a Japanese layout (check Diatec's Japanese website). The different labeling and stuff sometimes throws me off. I have an extra key labelled "Kana" and this weird key between the kana key and space bar that looks like a refresh sort of thing...it's 3 arrows making up a circle that point in the right direction/have a counterclockwise rotation.
Quote:
That site seems to pertain to only a few mech keyboard brands. Especially the ones mainly used for just typing.

So? Elitekeyboards used to be a Filco vendor. They've switched to Leopold and Topre Realforce
Quote:
Don't have a topre. It'd be to much hassle getting keycaps for it. Thinking of getting a KBT race or a Poker for taking to uni, probably browns or blues.

I don't really like Topre. Why it's more expensive than Cherry MX switches I don't know. It's a capacitive switch that uses a spring and a rubber dome. Because it has a rubber dome, it has a set shelf life unlike Cherry MX switches (or other mechanical switches like buckling spring) so over time the domes harden or soften, depending on whether it just sits on a shelf collecting dust or under heavy use, so they don't last as long as mechanical switches. They're also rated for less presses.

They do have ridiculously smooth travel though. The high cost of manufacturing them and licensing though makes these keyboards expensive. I wanted one at first but after trying one in the Cleverly keyboard store at Akihabara Electric City in Tokyo, I didn't like it too much due to its mushy nature like regular rubber domes, but to a smaller degree. I personally thought MX red and black had pretty smooth travel, although the force of the black switch springs was a little much for me so I prefer reds, blues, and browns. Well, I might be fine with MX Green. Black was really resistant so I didn't really like it.

KBT Race...meh, I've never been a fan of those 80% boards and such. I need to have a full 88 or 87 key tenkeyless (TKL) board (standard US or ISO layout. The Japanese ISO layout I have on this board is fine but the labeling on some of the keys throws me off).
Quote:
I have this one, been gaming on it for years

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rcabn

Hm...how are the Cherry stabilizers?
Quote:

Microsoft makes fun of their own notorious browser. It is quite funny.

The best part is that it is also true. The new IE isn't that bad.It is actually a good browser. But due to devs hating it. IT's market for extensions and support from the programers is low right now. 

You just saw this video now? This video was going around OCN (was in news section after this Microsoft announcement on IE10 with Windows 8) for awhile now, and it came up a few months ago. Then again, you never check OCN.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #52,394 of 177,747
Quote:
Meh, having some big issues. 1/16 of my promised speed.
Here! Me! I have a Filco Majestouch Black with Cherry MX Blues that I bought in Akihabara Electric City at the Cleverly keyboard store. It's the same thing as the Ninja but with a Japanese layout (check Diatec's Japanese website). The different labeling and stuff sometimes throws me off. I have an extra key labelled "Kana" and this weird key between the kana key and space bar that looks like a refresh sort of thing...it's 3 arrows making up a circle that point in the right direction/have a counterclockwise rotation.
So? Elitekeyboards used to be a Filco vendor. They've switched to Leopold and Topre Realforce
I don't really like Topre. Why it's more expensive than Cherry MX switches I don't know. It's a capacitive switch that uses a spring and a rubber dome. Because it has a rubber dome, it has a set shelf life unlike Cherry MX switches (or other mechanical switches like buckling spring) so over time the domes harden or soften, depending on whether it just sits on a shelf collecting dust or under heavy use, so they don't last as long as mechanical switches. They're also rated for less presses.

They do have ridiculously smooth travel though. The high cost of manufacturing them and licensing though makes these keyboards expensive. I wanted one at first but after trying one in the Cleverly keyboard store at Akihabara Electric City in Tokyo, I didn't like it too much due to its mushy nature like regular rubber domes, but to a smaller degree. I personally thought MX red and black had pretty smooth travel, although the force of the black switch springs was a little much for me so I prefer reds, blues, and browns. Well, I might be fine with MX Green. Black was really resistant so I didn't really like it.

KBT Race...meh, I've never been a fan of those 80% boards and such. I need to have a full 88 or 87 key tenkeyless (TKL) board (standard US or ISO layout. The Japanese ISO layout I have on this board is fine but the labeling on some of the keys throws me off).
Hm...how are the Cherry stabilizers?
You just saw this video now? This video was going around OCN (was in news section after this Microsoft announcement on IE10 with Windows 8) for awhile now, and it came up a few months ago. Then again, you never check OCN.

1/16th is pretty bad

That's what I thought. A vendor site. Not a fan forum.

I saw that video last month. Not everything posted is something just seen. I didn't see that new video. But thought it would be relevant to us making fun of IE. Hell, IE is still fun to make fun of 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back