「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #51,466 of 177,750
Quote:

... 105 lol.

Did a DIY project over winter break with a friend over winter break. 

Maybe borisu may find an interest :p.

~ only pics we remembered to take once it was completed.

The stands or the speakers?

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #51,468 of 177,750
Quote:

Its pvc, sanded down and then spray painted black. Threaded rod + sand inside of the pvc to keep it steady and weighted.

Thanks for the compliments~. My dad's friend helped us out a lot too. We were pretty clueless by ourselves.

Damn, looks great!
Lol, I'm pretty clueless about woodwork too...
What do you use to power your Pioneers btw? I have a pioneer receiver, but for some reason I don't get the same "wow" feeling I got when I auditioned them at a local store... Trying to figure out if it's my less than perfect listening conditions or my amp...

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #51,469 of 177,750
@hybrid

Ah, i remember the last time I had a major fever. i think that was a while ago. Normally, when
I am in the beginning stages, I take the mysterious bitter chinese medicine my mom boils. Herbs + water eventually becomes brown bitter water and I drink that. I can make a low fever disppear in a day. xD. But yea, thinking about having another one does feel quite disgruntling.

Hope you get better!

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #51,471 of 177,750
Quote:
@mechy
You seem to like Andes
smily_headphones1.gif

Our swaparoo in Feb. you can try E12
smily_headphones1.gif

Otasumi miina!

night panda~

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #51,472 of 177,750
So, quick little story here... During my AP American government final, I asked the teacher if I could listen to music. Even though he said no, my friend (the one who actually referred me to Head-Fi) pulled out his 4As and O2/iPod and started listening. 2 funny things happened. First, I went up to him to show him the E07k Andes, but he had his eyes closed and was zoned out. When I tapped him on the shoulder, he looked up at me momentarily, and almost as if to say "oh, it's just you." went back to being zoned out without saying anything. Then, someone from across the room saw his O2 strapped to the iPod, and asked me what it was... How does one explain a headphone amplifier to someone??? So I just said it was an amp. She kinda gave me a disgusted look and went back to talking to her friends. Then I started listening to my GR07s, and let one of my friends use my lenntek sonix I had in my backpack, and we listened to anisongs the rest of the class period. It was funny. We were headbanging to Miku, and I'm pretty sure everyone gave us funny looks... Oh well :D
That wasn't a very short story, but whatever...

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #51,473 of 177,750
Quote:
@mechy
You seem to like Andes
smily_headphones1.gif

Our swaparoo in Feb. you can try E12
smily_headphones1.gif

Otasumi miina!

Otasumi!
Btw, unless I get an IEM in trade for my HD600s, I'll want my GR07s on Feb. 28th...

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #51,476 of 177,750
So, quick little story here... During my AP American government final, I asked the teacher if I could listen to music. Even though he said no, my friend (the one who actually referred me to Head-Fi) pulled out his 4As and O2/iPod and started listening. 2 funny things happened. First, I went up to him to show him the E07k Andes, but he had his eyes closed and was zoned out. When I tapped him on the shoulder, he looked up at me momentarily, and almost as if to say "oh, it's just you." went back to being zoned out without saying anything. Then, someone from across the room saw his O2 strapped to the iPod, and asked me what it was... How does one explain a headphone amplifier to someone??? So I just said it was an amp. She kinda gave me a disgusted look and went back to talking to her friends. Then I started listening to my GR07s, and let one of my friends use my lenntek sonix I had in my backpack, and we listened to anisongs the rest of the class period. It was funny. We were headbanging to Miku, and I'm pretty sure everyone gave us funny looks... Oh well :D
That wasn't a very short story, but whatever...

Ooo. I wish I had a friend who was interested in that level of audio.

Oh an headbanging to Miku? That must have been a very intense song XD.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #51,477 of 177,750
Ooo. I wish I had a friend who was interested in that level of audio.

I've got a close friend who has the b22/LCD-2 combo, and he's also a huge classical/jazz fan, which means he's practically the polar opposite of me.

So naturally, it's always a back and forth slug match between our gear, and our music preferences. :p

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #51,478 of 177,750
LCD2+b22? I'm liking the sound of this friend...

Actually sort of bored with the audezes, should've saved up for HE-6s before throwing it all on shiny iems.

@eve you must be more Asian than us. We eat grapefruits and weird Chinese soup when we get sick around here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back