「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #48,316 of 177,750
Chihayafuru S2 01 came out.
I have difficulty expressing my great degree of happiness at this moment, so I'll just leave it up to your own imagination.

Gonna watch right now:
Chihayafuru
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Kotoura-san
Tamako Market

The middle two are demos, the first and last are definite watches.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #48,319 of 177,750
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRBWC6c6xA[/VIDEO]

The visuals in the OP of the anime carries this song out of meh-ness, when compared to the first OP. The first OP is just too damn awesome, and this one didn't surpass it on all account, even in Full. It makes a great jazzy song though. I think it's jazz-ish.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #48,321 of 177,750
Quote:
God, It's been forever since I posted here... How's everyone doing?
Anything I missed while I was away?

Nothing much, still just anime :)

Doing well. Love your site man.
Quote:
Indeed I cannot wait. Full Armor Unicorn. GUNDAM ALL THE FCKING WAY.

Is it a full series or ova?
Quote:
I have difficulty expressing my great degree of happiness at this moment, so I'll just leave it up to your own imagination.

Gonna watch right now:
Chihayafuru
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Kotoura-san
Tamako Market

Hyouka or Chihayafuru or Sakamichi for my next watch

your pick.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #48,322 of 177,750
Hyouka or Chihayafuru or Sakamichi for my next watch

your pick.

Sakamichi.

TILPO, YOU'RE IN A SCAN GROUP?

Yes, but like I said earlier (and you probably missed my post), it's not an active one at all. It has only released two chapters since I joined almost half a year ago. Furthermore, I don't have the aspiration to join a more active one, since I'm pretty darn busy.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #48,323 of 177,750
Quote:
Sakamichi.
Yes, but like I said earlier (and you probably missed my post), it's not an active one at all. It has only released two chapters since I joined almost half a year ago. Furthermore, I don't have the aspiration to join a more active one, since I'm pretty darn busy.

Is it really that much better? Ok then. Sakamichi it is when I do start it. Thanks

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #48,325 of 177,750
Quote:

T_T I gotcha tilpo. It's ok. Except every scan group I've e-mailed hasn't returned an e-mail yet... well, I've only e-mailed Village Idiot, but that was yesterday.
Quote:
Nothing much, still just anime :)

Doing well. Love your site man.
Is it a full series or ova?

It's an OVA panda. I thought i've said this about 2 times. I don't think you can get this type of animation/quality with a normal series. Old school design. PANDA. HOW DID U NOT SEE MY POSTS? But yeah, 7 OVA's in total, and the sixth comes out March this year. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #48,326 of 177,750
Quote:
God, It's been forever since I posted here... How's everyone doing?
Anything I missed while I was away?

YOU MISSED EVERYTHING!!! that we talked about
Quote:

Gonna watch right now:
Chihayafuru
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Kotoura-san
Tamako Market

Tamako Market was really good.
To anyone who's seen it, is it me or is KyoAni kind of making fun of sad anime with parent tragedies (in which I would include clannad) when

Tamako is talking to the record store owner, and the bird asks her about her mom. When it's implied that she is dead, the bird starts preparing to take a load of tears to his wings, but then she just says "it's fine."
Or is that just me overanalyzing?

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #48,327 of 177,750
Quote:
To anyone who's seen it, is it me or is KyoAni kind of making fun of sad anime with parent tragedies (in which I would include clannad) when

Tamako is talking to the record store owner, and the bird asks her about her mom. When it's implied that she is dead, the bird starts preparing to take a load of tears to his wings, but then she just says "it's fine."

Unless it's BONES or something like Xam'd, yup. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #48,328 of 177,750

Comparing it to other KyoAni works I think that Tamako market is below expectations. But that's just judging from the first episode.

Hmm. Not really, there are a lot of characters with dead parents that don't cry about it.

(LOL it isn't even a spoiler if it's casually said in the first episode without bearing any relevance to plot)

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #48,329 of 177,750
Quote:
Sakamichi will make any sane man fall in love with jazz music.

Hmm, well then that's a shot :)
Quote:
T_T I gotcha tilpo. It's ok. Except every scan group I've e-mailed hasn't returned an e-mail yet... well, I've only e-mailed Village Idiot, but that was yesterday.
It's an OVA panda. I thought i've said this about 2 times. I don't think you can get this type of animation/quality with a normal series. Old school design. PANDA. HOW DID U NOT SEE MY POSTS? But yeah, 7 OVA's in total, and the sixth comes out March this year. 

Quote:

A lot have a

dead parent

. Not just Tamako market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back