「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #46,832 of 177,750
LOL I hope nobody mind that I am posting my marathon diary here. It's better I think to record my thoughts incrementally and so fresh about it too. Even if somebody does mind it, I don't care LOL. I'll just continue posting.
---------------------------------------------
This one will be spoiler-bound so just skip the whole post IMO if you care about the storyline.

MOURETSU Space Diary: Entry №3

The Serenity arc is chock full of sci-fi trope, especially when they finally found and went into the generation ship of the Serenity royal family lineage. A generation ship is itself a concept of space travel, aimed at sustaining generations of population inside its small nation-like interior when travelling from star system to star system in the absence of a faster-than-light travel method. Basically it's kind of like a space-travelling, one-way Noah's arc. Of course, directly connecting to the generation ship trope would be the gene banks of various organism such as livestock and humans. In this arc, they also show a few plausible ways of mobility in zero gravity condition in a near-vacuum atmosphere: using similar concept, I assume, to how the Dyson bladeless fans work.

Story-wise, this arc focuses on the political struggle of the Serenity royal lineage between two sisters: Gruier and Grunhilde. Without going too deep into it up to the point of telling it wholly here, I'll say that it's somewhat interesting for me, just because that it expands more about the in-show universe. I like lore like this and the narration of the lore at the start of each episode is something that I like since the beginning of the show's airing. In this arc, it's also shown how Marika develops from and aloof and air-headed high-school freshman into a capable captain. There's still some rough edges here and there, but with the help of her crew, she managed to overcome most problems. The progression feel a bit swift IMO, but it doesn't felt like it was rushed just to cram this whole arc in a 12-episode season.

The highlight of the arc is of course what they find in the generation ship itself: an artificial womb designed for the continuation of the Serenity lineage. That is to say that the Serenity lineage is custom-built, genetically, to be the perfect ruling family. But, I guess I'll just stop here for now.

Progress: Episode 12

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #46,839 of 177,750
Quote:
You said 'it's ok if you do your best!', or 'do your best well', and I wouldn't understand what you'd mean with either.

Shouldn't it be "it's ok to do your best" ?

Quote:
The fritters, or the mochi?

The fritters, I don't see any mochi in the pic??

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #46,842 of 177,750
Quote:
The mochi is the white stuff on the left. I made it in little balls and sprinkled it with coconut.

LOL I thought those were fritters before frying.

@To Love-ru Darkness 12
Wait... what? The End????
What about the plot???
*Expects another season*

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #46,845 of 177,750
Quote:
Do I watch Battle Royale or Ted (Just watched Project X- 8/10)???

Bttou Lorale!!!
Quote:
Why not? Less focus trying to read subtitles = more focus on the anime = more enjoyment. Simple as that.

That is a good piont. I have done that in the past and recently. I was doing something else while watching Infinite Ryvius a few days ago. So I just popped on the dubs.
Quote:
Idk if I can get that... I'm going to be putting the game on my phone and playing it from there. Btw, could you tell me if there's H through the entire game, or just parts? I want to get through all the H scenes at home so I can play it in public when I'm bored...
What the Christ are you guys talking about with THAT???????
Hmm, I watched up to episode 20 of code geass today. It's been really good. Though there's some unknown thing holding me back from screaming praise for this anime like Bowei does... Then again I haven't seen the ending yet, and I generally put a lot of power in the ending when judging anime...
I also played some tomoyo after today after watching geass. I love this game, haha!
Also, hope everyone has a merry new year! How are y'all going to celebrate?
I'm gonna blow some S*** up tomorrow night
cool.gif

It's Godly from here to the end.
Quote:
It's only in a few parts... but it's hard to tell when they may be coming up.

Bored on an afternoon.. decided to play with my MAL CSS...
Change some of the List Headings and add a welcome message + my Avatar LOL
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/b1o2r3i4s5

That looks great!
Quote:
Just admit your defeat, or prove otherwise by linking to your supposedly superior post.
wink.gif

None, lol? I was never impressed by TV shows as a kid?
But I guess I really liked these two OP's a lot. Looking at them again makes me see how incredibly bad they are, lol.
Medabots OP
Shin-chan OP
Oh wow. Nostalgia, right there.
Go!
Still wondering what to marathon myself. I was thinking Shinsekai Yori, but I have decided to just drop that. I have completely lost interest in that anime. Something about it just makes it really boring.

Those are some nice OP's. The Medabot one was funny to listen to because I'm not used to Dutch

But that still isn't the funniest(to me as Murican) Anime OP I have ever seen. 
Naruto German OP 1 takes the cake for that.

Quote:
Decided what to marathon.
Fullmetal Panic. Would be awesome to breach my marathon record and watch ALL of the episodes in one day. 49 episodes / ~20 hours.
Though really that would be impossible, since in 20 hours I need to be sitting in a train, and considering I also need food, it's just plain impossible without increasing playback speed. Hmmm.
10 hours it is then.

I'll do a FMA rewatch in two years.
Quote:
Went and looked at the MAL list styling contests.....
*Jaw drop*
*Go cry in a corner*
That's why I'll never become a designer.....

Link to awesome contest?
Quote:
 Sure there's some weird physics applied, like how the training space dingy can fly with a design like that (in the anime) or how the space shuttle can just do a vertical takeoff and fly straight away with a bulky, albeit still aerodynamically sound fuselage without a ventral thruster below it, but all in all they are kind of balanced by the somewhat authentic space physics.​
As anyone with a basic understanding of physics in space, there's no air resistance, so the basic science of aerodynamic will not apply in this case. They include thrusters such as shown above for the ships to manouver in space. This is also shown on spacecrafts much smaller than a ship that size. Even up to the docking umbilical bridges they use for boarding action is included with little decelerating thrusters. Small details and attention to authenticity like this is why I love shows that put the effort into it.
At this point in the series, around ep. 6 or so, the complexity, while not really deep in any sense, seem to ramp up a bit into a more serious tone. Sure there's still the SoL part of the show, but it's not too much of the focus for the series, and seem to focus on more how the characters develop in 

Finally we get Jgray to talk about his field :)

Anime details depend on who is getting what acted on them. MC shoots enemy ship. Ship blows up in one shot. Next Scene. Enemy shoots hundreds of times at MC ship and hits a few times. They survive.
Quote:
I thought of bringing you gear. But I just don't know what to talk about headphones. IMO, CIEMs have more non technical stuff on talk about.
Amy ideas what to talk about headphones? Not given from graph is allowed. Sound sign ok I think

Are you doing a show and tell?

How about talk about Yankee Kun To Megane chan and how it influenced you to go half yankee?
Quote:
Made some mochi, apple and banana fritters, and oliebollen (fried dough with raisins). This gon' be good.

I'm so full right now but that still looks good.

color]

Quote:
LOL I hope nobody mind that I am posting my marathon diary here. It's better I think to record my thoughts incrementally and so fresh about it too. Even if somebody does mind it, I don't care LOL. I'll just continue posting.

I don't mind :)
Quote:
The fritters, or the mochi?

Fritters look nice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back