「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #44,162 of 177,750
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #44,163 of 177,750
Quote:
Anybody has a copy of O2 amp BOM? I can't seem to get it from one-who-must-not-be-named's website

Sure, https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5m6fltpg8kvo7z/Nwavguy%20O2%20V11%20Docs%2030%20Nov%202011.pdf

Quote:
Middleman, like using a second party. Tbh if everyones calculations correct you won't be saving more then $20 :'(

Sent From My Thunderbolt with Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

LOL I was thinking MM! (anime)

What's this?

Quote:
Au that sucks

Pic? Of grahamn?

I know... (T_T)

I haven't got it yet...

Quote:
Wow... Thats funny.
Gotta giv
the guy props though, if there was a CAM version out, at least us non-Japanese folk could see the movies...

Lol, this. Something about having a beard or mustache just changes people's perceptions of you...

I kno rite??

This, people's image changes completely when they have a beard or mustache
(Though I still haven't gotten to the age where I have to shave........)

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #44,164 of 177,750
Quote:
Flat is best. whoever thinks otherwise is a butt (if this is about breasts) otherwise, i did not care to scroll up and sorry >>

It wasn't about breats but it may as well be
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #44,167 of 177,750
Tbh if everyones calculations correct you won't be saving more then $20 :'(

Meh. On eBay it's $50 with additional ship ($35), on Amazon it's sold out and I can't find it in more local stores.
Still, $50 including shipping it's already in the area where I'd have to consider if I need it instead of just buying impulsively...

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #44,168 of 177,750
AAMML:  The only place on head-fi where we have definite proof that flat IS best.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #44,169 of 177,750
And you're implying who is insane? From my point of view, both extremists are insane, IMHO. Both are barbarous, frankly speaking.

What is the objectivist extreme about?  Measurements?  We don't mandate that flat is best.  Double blind testing?  It's a psychoacoustical fact that the minute measurable differences between analog cables cannot account for the sweeping changes people claim to hear--and don't get me started on digital cables.  What about kiteki claiming that a headphone's FR changes with playback volume like the way the human ear's equal loudness curve changes with volume?  That's taking what you hear and blaming it on the equipment when it's your ears at fault, and that's not opinion, that's fact.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as two items can be proved to be perceptibly sonically different, it's fair game to prefer whichever one pleases you.  My only insistence is that one should not pay thousands for something that's perceptually the same as what you started with.  Does that make me an extremist?

Speak for yourself. There's lots of other objectivists that acts the same as the subjectivists, only for a different deity. Only instead of some mythical nirvana that can be achieved by spending thousands on magical metal-filled hoses and rocks, it's blind faith in Science.

There are others that blindly parrots a certain person with an infectious commanding personality without doing their own limited research, and just would never even want to try anything that comes their way when the chance comes. Sure I won't get out of my way and starve just to get some mystical cables and this legendary headphones, but if the chance do came, I still would try it, just to see what's all the Placebo Pill is about. Even up until now, I would still tread carefully when I'm about to show measurements to someone, since I myself have not fully understand it, let alone going on about an preaching about it to others. That would just make me an ignorant parrot.

The only 'objectivists' that I would trust fully right now are the ones that can balance their presentation of objectivity and subjectivity.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #44,170 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, as long as two items can be proved to be perceptibly sonically different, it's fair game to prefer whichever one pleases you.  My only insistence is that one should not pay thousands for something that's perceptually the same as what you started with.  Does that make me an extremist?

Speak for yourself. There's lots of other objectivists that acts the same as the subjectivists, only for a different deity. Only instead of some mythical nirvana that can be achieved by spending thousands on magical metal-filled hoses and rocks, it's blind faith in Science.

There are others that blindly parrots a certain person with an infectious commanding personality without doing their own limited research, and just would never even want to try anything that comes their way when the chance comes. Sure I won't get out of my way and starve just to get some mystical cables and this legendary headphones, but if the chance do came, I still would try it, just to see what's all the Placebo Pill is about. Even up until now, I would still tread carefully when I'm about to show measurements to someone, since I myself have not fully understand it, let alone going on about an preaching about it to others. That would just make me an ignorant parrot.

The only 'objectivists' that I would trust fully right now are the ones that can balance their presentation of objectivity and subjectivity.

It's their money.... let them do what they want....
It's like not letting people do religious practices because you don't believe it.

Haha, reminds me of "Voldemort".

Parrots are everywhere, a certain one of them was the catalyst for "converting" me.
Though I was a "objectivist" to begin with, back then I was oblivious of psychological effects in perception.

Anyway, let's not bring obj vs sub into this thread.... please..?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #44,172 of 177,750
Quote:

Don't worry borisu, I've got just the thing for situations like these;

Does everybody feel better now?

LOL. Paint?

Darn it... Local store doesn't have the op amp listed... Now I'm missing 1 part and I'm not even done yet.
Boris, ca you explain the 12 V Positive Fixed Regulator? In the side note, he noted that : LM7812ACT(MC7809 optional for AC only)
Can you explain what he meant? Do I need to get booth or what? I'm going to power this using batt and AC

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #44,175 of 177,750
It makes you look older, it sucks to kiss, and its messy.

And it makes you look creepier...

Flat is best. whoever thinks otherwise is a butt (if this is about breasts) otherwise, i did not care to scroll up and sorry >>

flatness is justice! (said many anime characters)
I like a little curve, but nothing exaggerated :wink:

I agree, let's try to keep obj vs sub outta here. But before that, I want to say I'm kind of in the middle. I look at graphs and stuff, but I don't want to go for a perfectly flat headphone...
Even though the AD2k is horrid on measurements, I'm still interested in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back