「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #33,586 of 177,750
Graphic calculators are a waste of money... over here, you have to get one for high school, and then it's banned in college and university =_=;;
Hope that's just here.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #33,587 of 177,750
Quote:
I don't think I'd like the extra bass personally.
And thanks for clarifying the ATH line lol.
The marble finish definitely looks really fake but I don't mind it. They're on your head, so you never see them lol. And using an open backed headphone in public would not be advisable.
Like I said though, the HD600s just sound so damn natural...
If it wasn't for that timbre, I would've sold them and kept the GR07s, which are basically equal to the HD600 in almost every way. Except for soundstage and timbre, which are slightly worse on the GR07 than the HD600.
Also, look on razordogdeal's eBay page and make a $300 offer on the HD600s if you do get them. Not sure if they're still doing their special with Sennheiser products but it would be worth a shot.

I might because even though I liked the amount of bass the Q701 has (I think it's almost perfect for me) maybe a little more would be nicer. The treble is sort of concerning me though.

You're welcome.

*hurls* It looks bad, but yup, it'll be on my head so I won't notice, although why do they go with glossy finishes now? Sort of looks like cheap plastic (not that I care because it's a $300+ piece of "cheap plastic").

I want the GR07s all of a sudden...

HD600s can be usually found for $300 and the HD650 can be found for $300 used...

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #33,588 of 177,750
Just spent $26 on Precious Fathers CD's... I will HAVE 16/44.1 [maybe 24/96] Flacs of that AWESOME band! That's $60 I've spent on music e.e the Fish Finger... maybe not but buying Precious Fathers... WORTH EVERY penny! 

So w8 I just got those CDs from A Canadian record label and apparently the US dollar is worth roughly 
 0.956233​
oDollars... the us money is worth less than Canadian and our money used to be worth twice as much... OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... at least I have Precious fathers <3 

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #33,589 of 177,750
Quote:
The 600 Ohm is the best but only by a little, the 250 Ohm is the better purchase if u have a budget, also the 600 is a bit warmer than the 250 version.

In addition the 600 ohm Dt 990 is not worth getting also DUDE nice track, I see you like music simmilar to what I want to run on the 250 ohm Dt 880 <3 [Yea seriously I do like that! Who is it?]

Wow I have that music only in 180 kps e.e and ony iTunes sells it digitally... SCREW U iTUNES, I'm going to have to buy CDS!

:D

I have no idea actually. The song is apparently from one of those Konami games. Like DDR, Guitar Freak, etc.
But performed as an alternate version. No idea who sang it, her voice is beautiful!
My friend actually sent me the song one day (because we play guitar/bass together over skype n stuff. or used to), saying I can try learning the bass lines.
Sadly I sux at transcribing, and at bass, so never managed to learn it but man, loved that song. Since me and him both like stuff from Shoji Meguro (or can search Youtube for Persona Music for example), this kinda transitioned in as somewhat similar taste in music.

And wow those two tracks would be SO good as my GT5 BGM! Probably not something I would put on my DAP since it lacks vocals but GT5 driving music is perfect! Gonna list these down haha.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #33,590 of 177,750
Quote:
Yes you should. 
smile.gif
 For Haibunyan. 
tongue.gif
jk

For haibunyan! \(≧∇≦)==3~
Quote:
I love this song, hope you'll enjoy it too! haha. At 2:10ish the sound has a section that's drastically different.
I won't lie, I quite liked the DT880s but I was mostly testing this song, instrumental tracks, and the one below:

Love this song!!! This is my type of music!

Also tested a few pop tracks that had a bit of bass, to see if it extends well enough.
And yeah, with a dark DAP it probably works quite well. If anything, just EQ down treble ~10k a bit.

The Beyerdynamics come in different ohm versions, and they all sound a bit different. See if you can try a few of them. I only tried the DT880pro @250ohms.
Too bad you live all the way in BC or I can let you try my stuff :<

Headphonebar only has the 600ohm version. 
Quote:
Just spent $26 on Precious Fathers CD's... I will HAVE 16/44.1 [maybe 24/96] Flacs of that AWESOME band! That's $60 I've spent on music e.e the Fish Finger... maybe not but buying Precious Fathers... WORTH EVERY penny! 

So w8 I just got those CDs from A Canadian record label and apparently the US dollar is worth roughly 
 0.956233​
oDollars... the us money is worth less than Canadian and our money used to be worth twice as much... OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... at least I have Precious fathers <3 

Congrats! 

Well it is 2012, the world is expected to end XD

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #33,591 of 177,750
Quote:

0.956233​

Haha, our exchange rate for USD is still like 0.986 or lower though :<

Still the best time for us to shop in the US though heh. heh. heeeh.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #33,595 of 177,750
Quote:
For haibunyan! \(≧∇≦)==3~

tongue.gif
 Haha.
That would be interesting if the world really did end. Maybe the selection of either Obama or Romney is the end? 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Can projectH drive those 600ohms?

Quote:
Yeah, probably.

This. I'm pretty sure "He Who Must Not Be Named" had that in mind when he designed it.
Quote:

This. Wut?

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #33,596 of 177,750
Ask Quebec's educational system.

Too easy to cheat on graphical calculators, that's why.
In order to prevent students from loading programs that will solve everything, make everyone use scientific calculators with minimum functions. Hence at my university, if I don't get a calculator that is approved by the department, get their sticker seal of approval on it, then I'm not allowed any calculator for my exams. YES, even if it's a open book exam.

Meanwhile in high school they want us to get graphical calculators so we can learn how graphs look like.
Which basically lasts 3 years before they have to be stored away forevermore.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #33,597 of 177,750
Quote:

And wow those two tracks would be SO good as my GT5 BGM! Probably not something I would put on my DAP since it lacks vocals but GT5 driving music is perfect! Gonna list these down haha.

Glad you liked, I'm not to big a fan of Vocals, but that because I prefer them well Live without a mircphone, a few of my friends sing [women] and nothing beats the sound of thier voice right from thier vocals to my ears! Headphones have yet to capture that magic for me
Quote:

ikr >.> 

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #33,598 of 177,750
Quote:
Ask Quebec's educational system.

Too easy to cheat on graphical calculators, that's why.
In order to prevent students from loading programs that will solve everything, make everyone use scientific calculators with minimum functions. Hence at my university, if I don't get a calculator that is approved by the department, get their sticker seal of approval on it, then I'm not allowed any calculator for my exams. YES, even if it's a open book exam.

Meanwhile in high school they want us to get graphical calculators so we can learn how graphs look like.
Which basically lasts 3 years before they have to be stored away forevermore.

I have one but I never really use the graphing function. I'm only doing quadratics right now because it's what my class is currently covering so it's fairly easy to do a quick graph by finding the vertex and then an x value 1 above and 1 below and then plug in to find y. It takes me much longer to punch in the numbers because I'm rather unfamiliar with my graphing calculator.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #33,599 of 177,750
@mechy
Those are very subjective though. Just saying. Your overall thoughts or fine but regular "just recommend the hd600x" would be wrong. One needs to try themselves

@borisu
Ive learned many of its functions already. Whatdoes yours look like? I have the touchpad

@kalbee
I heard the same. Banning that is. Doesnt matter. I got my nspire super cheap. I will use nspire in dorm to help and my trusty ti 30 ii xs for class

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #33,600 of 177,750
Quote:
I have one but I never really use the graphing function. I'm only doing quadratics right now because it's what my class is currently covering so it's fairly easy to do a quick graph by finding the vertex and then an x value 1 above and 1 below and then plug in to find y. It takes me much longer to punch in the numbers because I'm rather unfamiliar with my graphing calculator.

Yeah that's exactly what we used them for.
And for those more visual, graphing comes pretty useful learning what moves the graph where.

But of course we would program our own stuff to make homework easier.
And load games on it. Not sure if you guys do that too lol. It was kinda like having a gameboy in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back