「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #33,484 of 177,750
Nothing to really quote or comment on...

True dat.
I'll just go to bed.

I started my birthday on Fakku (last night at 12:00AM) and I'll end it that way too.
Puh. To think people use their birthday as an excuse to consume a lot of alcohol and 'have a great time'!. I, for one, prefer to spend my birthdays in isolation surrounded by the things that I hold dear.

Not that I care about my birthday anyways. It's just another day in the live, the only difference being that you can acquire presents.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #33,485 of 177,750
Problem? 

Stress

And......I was watching the Code Geass movie

Impressions?:
8/10? Not yet known
Initially, the art seemed a bit bland and SO 2001 style but that was soon rectified with awesome mech movements and styles that only months of computer rendering could make. The Brittanian mechs are clearly inspired from the Romans while the EU's feel..CarthagE? Or some Rome enemy or something. Great styling and movements and functionality though.

Then we get the norm hesit and what not and the wishy washy girl and boy movements and a foreshadowing of everything. Akito may have a geass and the Xin dude has a geass close to what lelouch had. Only difference was that it seems that it may be "Easier" to use as he didn't need to say express directions.

and then..the end.

There was little focus on development of anything in this episodic movie but more of a getting EVERYTHING set up in this episode. The theme and conflicts and ..yet AGAIN undermined Japanese people(there are other people you know?)  and also all the terrorists and brief mentions of the war with the Black Knights. Although this does raise continuity issues, those issues are burshed off...asthis is a movie and some things do change. The big one is how the EU seems so strong in the movie but weak arsed in the anime.

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #33,487 of 177,750
Quote:
I decided to not even watch that movie.
tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #33,490 of 177,750
Demoing Manveru's boss battle test right now:
I think it sounds pretty good. My pet peeve is that moment when the left channel had quite a bit more sound. I'm sensitive to channel imbalance. Especially when one instrument or track plays exclusively in one ear.

Sometimes the soundstage is a bit cramped but nothing harsh or metallic which is quite nice :)

Overall a decent thing. I would like a higher quality..instruments but thats just another pet peeve where I like high quality individual hearable sounds. They arne't mushed together on my setup but.. I just prefer the opposite of the beginning guitarish parts

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #33,491 of 177,750
Quote:
True dat.
I'll just go to bed.
I started my birthday on Fakku (last night at 12:00AM) and I'll end it that way too.
Puh. To think people use their birthday as an excuse to consume a lot of alcohol and 'have a great time'!. I, for one, prefer to spend my birthdays in isolation surrounded by the things that I hold dear.
Not that I care about my birthday anyways. It's just another day in the live, the only difference being that you can acquire presents.

Quote:
Problem? 

Stress

And......I was watching the Code Geass movie

Impressions?:
8/10? Not yet known
Initially, the art seemed a bit bland and SO 2001 style but that was soon rectified with awesome mech movements and styles that only months of computer rendering could make. The Brittanian mechs are clearly inspired from the Romans while the EU's feel..CarthagE? Or some Rome enemy or something. Great styling and movements and functionality though.

Then we get the norm hesit and what not and the wishy washy girl and boy movements and a foreshadowing of everything. Akito may have a geass and the Xin dude has a geass close to what lelouch had. Only difference was that it seems that it may be "Easier" to use as he didn't need to say express directions.

and then..the end.

There was little focus on development of anything in this episodic movie but more of a getting EVERYTHING set up in this episode. The theme and conflicts and ..yet AGAIN undermined Japanese people(there are other people you know?)  and also all the terrorists and brief mentions of the war with the Black Knights. Although this does raise continuity issues, those issues are burshed off...asthis is a movie and some things do change. The big one is how the EU seems so strong in the movie but weak arsed in the anime.

Need to watch that.
Quote:
Demoing Manveru's boss battle test right now:
I think it sounds pretty good. My pet peeve is that moment when the left channel had quite a bit more sound. I'm sensitive to channel imbalance. Especially when one instrument or track plays exclusively in one ear.

Sometimes the soundstage is a bit cramped but nothing harsh or metallic which is quite nice :)

Overall a decent thing. I would like a higher quality..instruments but thats just another pet peeve where I like high quality individual hearable sounds. They arne't mushed together on my setup but.. I just prefer the opposite of the beginning guitarish parts

What's this about?

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #33,492 of 177,750
Quote:

I saw, not watching any of the anime tht came out today or yesterday so its quite meaningless to me. On the other hand, I am soon embarking on a Gundam 00 rewatch :)

I didn't watch anything yesterday but I have some decent amount of hype for chuunibyou and I like hayate.

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #33,494 of 177,750
Quote:
You got stuff to watch tomorrow Bowei?

No idea what is comming out this week

Quote:

I didn't watch anything yesterday but I have some decent amount of hype for chuunibyou and I like hayate.

I don't like those two shows and I dislike the comedy that is hayate

Quote:

Need to watch that.
What's this about?

Yeah watch it :) All the nostalgia comes in

Their mech deisngs...were pretty good imo

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #33,495 of 177,750
I know at least btoom zetsuen no tempest and hidamari sketch air tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back