「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 1, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #33,091 of 177,750
This month's avatar theme is that we all copy obobskivich's avatar. Haha. :D

I Lupin-ified mine.

Which reminds me,
for the next con i'm going to (which will be my very first, mind you), I'd like to also do my first cosplay. I was thinking of doing a Jigen Daisuke cosplay, just 'cos. All I'd have to get is a light blue shirt (don't have one at the moment), a beard and a hat. I could buy a stick-on blond beard, and then I'll be blonde Jigen!

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #33,092 of 177,750
Quote:
Which reminds me,
for the next con i'm going to (which will be my very first, mind you), I'd like to also do my first cosplay. I was thinking of doing a Jigen Daisuke cosplay, just 'cos. All I'd have to get is a light blue shirt (don't have one at the moment), a beard and a hat. I could buy a stick-on blond beard, and then I'll be blonde Jigen!

LOL
Cosplay... Something Ill never get into.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #33,093 of 177,750
LOL
Cosplay... Something Ill never get into.

I thought the same, but you know, about a third of all the visitors are doing it, many on a non-serious basis. You're doing it exactly because you want to take a step outside of your comfort zone. That is exactly the thing that is fun about it.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #33,094 of 177,750
Quote:
I thought the same, but you know, about a third of all the visitors are doing it, many on a non-serious basis. You're doing it exactly because you want to take a step outside of your comfort zone. That is exactly the thing that is fun about it.

Hmmm...I didn't think it was really because of comfort zone. I thought people wanted to look a certain way. Some people pull it off well, but others...not so much. I don't mind seeing good cosplays, but I have no intention of doing it myself.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #33,096 of 177,750
Quote:
My yesterday's findings :3

lol wut...dat top right title.

In other news, I just finished episode 7 of Dance in the Vampire Bund. I'm not exactly sure what went on there, but someone apparently doesn't have a vag.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #33,098 of 177,750
Oct 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #33,099 of 177,750
Quote:
lol wut...dat top right title.

Quote:
Czech Appleseed and... Cat ****?

POLISH Appleseed (hint: my location)
Cat **** One (also known as Apocalypse Meow) is basically Vietnam War with animals (low-rank officers from West Point were called "dog **** one" and it was the title of the series this one came from) and from the first few pages, it looks interesting...

Also:
The depiction of Americans as rabbits is actually a pun on the Japanese word for rabbit. The Japanese word for rabbit is "うさぎ", which can be romanized as "usagi", or USA GI.
Nice one.

Tilpo, why are you not being censored? -_-

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #33,100 of 177,750
POLISH Appleseed (hint: my location)
Cat **** One (also known as Apocalypse Meow) is basically Vietnam War with animals (low-rank officers from West Point were called "dog **** one" and it was the title of the series this one came from) and from the first few pages, it looks interesting...

I thought it was Polish, but it said 'szesc' (with weird accents). So I just assumed that it meant 'Czech'. Not that weird an assumption, is it?

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #33,105 of 177,750
...because there is no "s" in "cz", so it can't sound like "sz"?

There is no 'g' in 'ch' but in Dutch they sound the same.

There is no 'a' in 'ou' either, but it sounds the same as 'au' in Dutch.

There is no 'u' in 'e' either, but in some cases they can sound the same.

There is no 'j' in 'ei' either, but it sounds the same as 'ij'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back