「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #28,786 of 177,745
I'm going to randomly share a funny scene from Noblesse in the middle of this CIEM discussion 
tongue.gif

Rai eating 2 minute noodles like a boss.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #28,787 of 177,745
Quote:
Wow..manga made me think it was a high school sport. Whatever

So what first?
Nichijou
Steins Gate
Madoka Magica?

Steins Gate for epic storyline/drama thriller (imo and won't regret watching probably)
Nichijou for random fun show
Madoka..didnt watch yet lawl xP
Personally I'll go for Steins Gate first. Loved it and watched it twice xD
More info about Steins Gate & ratings of it. http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins;Gate 
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11770

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #28,788 of 177,745
Quote:
Steins Gate for epic storyline/drama thriller (imo and won't regret watching probably)
Nichijou for random fun show
Madoka..didnt watch yet lawl xP
Personally I'll go for Steins Gate first. Loved it and watched it twice xD
More info about Steins Gate & ratings of it. http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins;Gate
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11770

Madoka is great as well, probably the best mahou shoujo anime ever made. I loved SG and nichijou too.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #28,793 of 177,745
Quote:

Yup. I thought this thing was pretty terrifying when I was younger, hahaha.

I watched bits of mononoke hime when I was a little kid (my dad was watching it), don't remember much about it (not even the plot).

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #28,795 of 177,745
Quote:
Madoka is great as well, probably the best mahou shoujo anime ever made. I loved SG and nichijou too.

Sorry, but Madoka is a seinen anime pretending to be mahou shoujo. The only reason it pretends to be mahou shoujo is for maximum impact and What factor. Saying it's the best mahou shoujo anime ever is like saying Galaxy Quest is the best Sci-fi film ever.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #28,796 of 177,745
Quote:
Sorry, but Madoka is a seinen anime pretending to be mahou shoujo. The only reason it pretends to be mahou shoujo is for maximum impact and What factor. Saying it's the best mahou shoujo anime ever is like saying Galaxy Quest is the best Sci-fi film ever.

Lol, I have never even heard of Galaxy Quest XD

I just wrote down what I read off Madoka's reviews. It isn't my opinion.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #28,797 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, I have never even heard of Galaxy Quest XD

I just wrote down what I read off Madoka's reviews.

Me neither.

but isn't it both?
(can't seinin's watch mahou shoujo too? 
tongue.gif
)
and what about the nanoha series? (I bet most of the population watching that is NOT little girls 
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #28,798 of 177,745
Quote:
Me neither.

but isn't it both?
(can't seinin's watch mahou shoujo too? 
tongue.gif
)
and what about the nanoha series? (I bet most of the population watching that is NOT little girls 
biggrin.gif
)

Yes the demographics for seinen and mahou shoujo can overlap. Or like with Nanoha, seinen may be the only demographic being targeted. But where Nanoha is a mahou shoujo anime tweaked for adult consumption (fan-service, bigger fights, more inner-dialogue) Madoka is a complete perversion of the genre. Which is why I say it has magical girls, but isn't a mahou shoujo anime. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #28,799 of 177,745
@haden
Thx

@joe
I get what you mean, i had to rewatch code geass both seasons over 10 times AND STILL notice new lttle things :)

A NAS in general is very simple concept but how to get it up and what added features or what is hosting it could drastically change how it is used. The simplest definition would be any storage medium that is not used as an OS disk that is connected and can be used on the "network"(lan or internet). This implies that you also have thw software and hardware done to get that nas up. For example you could build a computer out of spare parts lying around and chuck some storage into it and instal freenas and then connect it to your local network. That is a nas or simpler ones could be a hard drive connected to a router that has hard drive sharing capabilities. Even simpler Nas by definition can even be a drive shared locally on your computer.

Then depending on how you use the nas you could set up ssh tunneling or vpn to access your files from elsewherre. These are generally easiest to setup with a computer with freenas or operating system for serving files or on your local desktop. Only problem with desktop is that it is not 24/7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back