「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 2, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #176,210 of 177,742
@deadlylover

I need some recommendations for Every Day Carry knife that is belt attached and sub $50 and easily available to buy :D

Been out of the game too long, I can't really give any advice. XD

Usually the clip is really only meant for pocket-clip use, most people chuck em in a cheap holster for belt carry.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #176,211 of 177,742
Been out of the game too long, I can't really give any advice. XD

Usually the clip is really only meant for pocket-clip use, most people chuck em in a cheap holster for belt carry.
in France carrying a knife, even a pocket knife has one of those laws where it's "forbidden but...". the law is more or less saying we can't, but with jurisprudence allowing more or less clear cases left to the appreciation of the cop who catches you with one. like having a knife at a picnic is fine, obviously. it's sort of a situational thing, just like having a screwdriver. depending on where you are or what you're doing, you better not let a cop see you.

I know that in Stralia, ok gun laws are in effect. every other living stuff was already trying to kill you, so you deserved some rest from your fellow humans. but maybe there is more tolerance for a guy walking down the street with a pocket knife and his emotional support animal on his shoulder?
croc2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #176,212 of 177,742
I know that in Stralia, ok gun laws are in effect. every other living stuff was already trying to kill you, so you deserved some rest from your fellow humans. but maybe there is more tolerance for guys walking down the street with a pocket knife and his emotional support animal on his shoulder?

Over here it's the same deal, you can only carry if it's for food prep use or for fishing. If you say it's for self defence or if you have no good reason then you're buggered.

Well it's a little wasteful but at least it was well packaged...

IMG_3264.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #176,213 of 177,742
Local anime store stocked the RG Sazabi earlier today for the first time, so I passed by to grab one.

I managed to snatch the last one! Thus, the entire stock was sold out in just a few short hours, and I can see why...

image.jpeg

Put two other RG boxes for size comparison.

Overall, all the pieces are much bigger on the Sazabi than the other RG kits I have, so it's a little less dense in terms of detail.

Still seems more dense than the MG Freedom 2.0 though. The box is also pretty much the same size as the Freedom.

Mr. Red Comet is still the standard 1/144 scale though, so that's nice.

Sieg Zeon [insert censored term here]!

--------------

RG Full Armor Unicorn has been announced? Never liked the standard unicorn design personally but I do like the full armour version. Let's see how good it will be...

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #176,216 of 177,742
aXx5PX9_460s.jpg

I've giggled at a few of those Nike memes, but this one wins it all.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #176,218 of 177,742
The show is fine. If you watched Hakumei and Mikochi (Tiny Life in the Woods) last season then it's like that show where it's fun to watch for the first handful of episodes but then it gets a little old by maybe the 5th episode (although personally I felt Hakumei and Mikochi had a lot more potential for things to explore but the show slumped pretty hard in the middle).

This isn't any ordinary price gouging though. NVIDIA is charging what use to be a $600-$700 full blown GPU die (__100 chips) for $3k and up now while charging that same $700 for a severely cut down chip midrange chip (__104 chips). That's one thing but now they deliberately sell the __104 chips as high end when they clearly aren't. Even Intel, which is a scummy company, doesn't do **** like this. The problem is NVIDIA's marketing department is genius and AMD's is awful and too honest. The hot and loud meme still follows RTG and NVIDIA can deliberately choose to tell convenient truths to manipulate public opinion (they aren't lying but the numbers they do show and the way they do it is beyond deceptive). I don't think there's another company in the tech space that can abuse its position so badly.

Just buy an old AMD GCN card? I don't know why you need the latest and greatest. Probably 90% of the cards sold are just cards that can do 1080p 60fps fine. I generally advocate for GCN cards because the architecture was designed in a way that ages quite well. NVIDIA on the other hand, due to basically forcing everybody to use Gameworks being the dominant GPU maker, is free to make their older cards become as unusable as possible in a quick manner. For example, with Turing they're trying to force RTX and selling it by comparing Pascal, which had 0 ray tracing hardware, to Turing, which has some raytracing hardware but has very mediocre performance with it. 2 years down the road when we get a successor, it'll have much stronger raytracing hardware and they'll have RTX supporting games run even heavier raytracing loads that the already meager Turing can't handle.

Er...no? Not even close. PC gaming is still growing but other platforms are growing much faster, particularly mobile. PC gaming never made much of a profit anyways; what PC gamers generate is a pittance. Even console gaming is only decent profit margins. The GPU market is primarily pushed by AI, datacenter, and the creative fields who benefit massively from GPGPU. The only games that drive any sort of massive revenue is mobile games. There isn't a really good reason to care about desktop gaming; it just happens to be along for the ride due to consoles and datacenter.

I haven’t been watching squat, so I have no idea what that show is either xD

Heh, I can tell you have pretty strong opinions about this, we’ll see if any competitors jump in and ever fill the void while nvidia sits on its laurels. Guess it sucks for everyone looking to upgrade GPUs now tho.

Fair enough. I guess all the PC games I hear that are popular now are stuff like League and Rocket League and Fortnite which aren’t exactly intensive, so the justification for spending loads more on a gaming PC than just a console to get most of the way there just doesn’t feel like it’s as strong as in years past, at least for me anyway.

And wahey you changed your name! You’re like numbers-kun 2, lol

in France carrying a knife, even a pocket knife has one of those laws where it's "forbidden but...". the law is more or less saying we can't, but with jurisprudence allowing more or less clear cases left to the appreciation of the cop who catches you with one. like having a knife at a picnic is fine, obviously. it's sort of a situational thing, just like having a screwdriver. depending on where you are or what you're doing, you better not let a cop see you.

I know that in Stralia, ok gun laws are in effect. every other living stuff was already trying to kill you, so you deserved some rest from your fellow humans. but maybe there is more tolerance for a guy walking down the street with a pocket knife and his emotional support animal on his shoulder?
croc2.jpg
Meanwhile @bowei006 and I are sitting here in ‘Murcia carrying guns for no reason laughing at y’all who get arrested for carrying screwdrivers xD

So I impulse bought me an iPad Pro 10.5 for $475 to replace my 3rd gen iPad I still use for reading (not hentai) manga... :ninja:

The 120hz display is really nice and it really is faster at rendering web pages than some of my weaker laptops in the fleet, but I’m not sure it’s worth, or rather if I’ll get $500 of use out of it or not before it becomes obsolete.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #176,220 of 177,742
Murica, land of the free.
the US anthem has that line while sporting the best incarceration statistics.
well, maybe I shouldn't make fun of national anthems as the French one still suggests to party like it's 1792, raising a red flag and fighting anytime someone tries to impose rules over us. we might need a little addendum about how at some point we really owned the white flag and made it our own military style. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back