「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #173,494 of 177,745
I'm just a dirt ordinary plebian social chameleon.

Big star...? big deal....... :deadhorse:
eZFtsXf.jpg

@Eromanga-sensei ep07: it's alright

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #173,495 of 177,745
I was too lazy to download a browser on my new gaming PC so I used MS Edge with Bing........

I was wrong.

#bingsucks

how the hell do you eff up a search with such crystal clear intent???

and FYI, google got the page I wanted without the "github" keyword!

To be fair... Google stalks you 25/8 and invades your privacy at every chance it can or can't to provide you with stuff they think you will want to see so...

:p

But yeah, I don't like Bing either. Some love it though, so it might just be my muscle memory and crippled attention span that's affecting my ability to perform. Thanks Google-chan!

It is quite expensive, but I love going to Chinese weddings for one thing and one thing only. The food...

a439878a3632d028880509a2f34caa2c.gif

Went to two weddings back in China. Yes, the food...

I have never eaten anything so magical. Over 200 different dishes, most of which I never even thought was possible to make.

Back in Canada though... Can barely find any authentic Chinese food aside from private kitchens (aka my house when my mom's there, or the kitchens in my mom's friends house). There were one or two pretty authentic ones in my city and... Well, not hard to imagine, they shut down. Nobody can truly then tolerate the odor of authentic Sichuan food here in the West, let alone eat it and survive without diarrhea or the loss of a tongue, just like how my parents throw up when smelling authentic Italian pizza. :frowning2:

I actually miss McDonalds in China. Non of this terrible burger selling crap here in North America.

#PleaseSellSpicyFriedShrimpsAtMcDonaldsCanada

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #173,498 of 177,745
To be fair... Google stalks you 25/8 and invades your privacy at every chance it can or can't to provide you with stuff they think you will want to see so...

But yeah, I don't like Bing either. Some love it though, so it might just be my muscle memory and crippled attention span that's affecting my ability to perform. Thanks Google-chan!

#PleaseSellSpicyFriedShrimpsAtMcDonaldsCanada

This is a brand new installation of Windows though. Unless google specializes searches by public IP (which is plausible) that's just a generic search.

What on earth is this fried shrimp you speak of?!?

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #173,499 of 177,745
This is a brand new installation of Windows though. Unless google specializes searches by public IP (which is plausible) that's just a generic search.

I'm not sure if non-registered users get "personalized" searches. If they do then it's probably just a cookie instead of an IP log.

There's some mechanism StartPage uses to guarantee unchanged searches.

May 21, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #173,500 of 177,745

When installing W10, everyone clicks on the "I Agree" button without reading the text. Little did you know, you just agreed for M$ to stalk you, mouse clicks and keyboard key presses, whether you're online or offline. :ninja:

May 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #173,501 of 177,745

Not sure if it was actually McDonalds or KFC or something. Pizza Hut definitely had their own fried shrimps with bread crumbs.

01.jpg

The ones from Pizza Hut looked something like this:

59778d02f0c4406b8a60d4b14832fab6.jpg

These were from KFC I believe:

2a55246d461f435788da54bae98ad192_th.jpeg

Competition brings out the the best and worst in everyone.

Speaking of KFC... I miss these:

2010514103723434.jpg

In China, it's all about the foooooooood. I mean, just look at this authentic, deep fried dirty shrimp served next to this thing that's wrapped like a pentagonal burrito. That's not even scratching the surface at authentic Chinese food! Nowhere will you find any of these hippy Americans trying to mimic Asians by putting fried chicken on a plate with some plum sauce and calling it under some general in China, then adding some hot sauce and selling it under Thai fast food chains!

Just kidding I actually really like General Thai. :p Just need to see a bit more variety like I'm used to when I walked down the streets in China. Eating the same food at every single Chinese restaurant I visit, whether I'm in America, Canada, or when traveling around Europe kinda makes me homesick, even though I don't ever want to go live in China again.

^_^

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #173,503 of 177,745
Not sure if it was actually McDonalds or KFC or something. Pizza Hut definitely had their own fried shrimps with bread crumbs.

01.jpg

The ones from Pizza Hut looked something like this:

59778d02f0c4406b8a60d4b14832fab6.jpg

These were from KFC I believe:

2a55246d461f435788da54bae98ad192_th.jpeg

Competition brings out the the best and worst in everyone.

Speaking of KFC... I miss these:

2010514103723434.jpg

In China, it's all about the foooooooood. I mean, just look at this authentic, deep fried dirty shrimp served next to this thing that's wrapped like a pentagonal burrito. That's not even scratching the surface at authentic Chinese food! Nowhere will you find any of these hippy Americans trying to mimic Asians by putting fried chicken on a plate with some plum sauce and calling it under some general in China, then adding some hot sauce and selling it under Thai fast food chains!

Just kidding I actually really like General Thai. :p Just need to see a bit more variety like I'm used to when I walked down the streets in China. Eating the same food at every single Chinese restaurant I visit, whether I'm in America, Canada, or when traveling around Europe kinda makes me homesick, even though I don't ever want to go live in China again.

^_^

in France what we call Chinese restaurant is usually anything but Chinese. and it doesn't matter because Vietnamese or Thai or even actual Chinese people, they will usually turn themselves into the false stereotype we expect them to be. and end up making mostly the same food and give us the infamous non Chinese fortune cookie.
I feel like we're silly people, but then I remember North America with jokes like French fries and Swiss cheese and get comforted in the idea that it's the same nonsense everywhere.

May 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #173,504 of 177,745
Screenshot from 2017-05-22 12-39-50.png

The overlapping was fixed alright :joy:

I can already imagine a dev sitting there for a whole afternoon fiddling with the CSS and eventually went "Ahhh screw it..." and hard-coded a huge margin to prevent overlap lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back