「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 23, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #173,521 of 177,735
2kFItr.gif

in France what we call Chinese restaurant is usually anything but Chinese. and it doesn't matter because Vietnamese or Thai or even actual Chinese people, they will usually turn themselves into the false stereotype we expect them to be. and end up making mostly the same food and give us the infamous non Chinese fortune cookie.
I feel like we're silly people, but then I remember North America with jokes like French fries and Swiss cheese and get comforted in the idea that it's the same nonsense everywhere.
Well, it's what sells. Spring rolls, fried rice, honey chicken etc...

The overlapping was fixed alright :joy:

I can already imagine a dev sitting there for a whole afternoon fiddling with the CSS and eventually went "Ahhh screw it..." and hard-coded a huge margin to prevent overlap lol
IMG_2321.PNG
It would be great if we had the horizontal rule and spoiler buttons in the editor. @AxelCloris pls

Let's try some SoundCloud

Edit: I can't find that Nyanpasu one

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #173,522 of 177,735
It would be great if we had the horizontal rule and spoiler buttons in the editor. @AxelCloris pls

There is a spoiler button in the 'insert' dropdown of the editor (beside the video clip icon). But for horizontal there is none. You need to manually type
Code:
[HR][/HR]
:frowning2: Same goes with table:
Code:
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Which is a more pain in the

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #173,523 of 177,735
But then where will I be able to discuss the classiest of animes such as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and Tiddle's favorite, Boku no P**o?
*Flashbacks to Shotacon-Fi*

... or just being tsundere "B-Baka! It's not like I want to host this thread for you creepy otakus!"

It's official guys, headfi-chan is a tsundere.
06pkxmli23zy.jpg

lock big threads, problem "solved". :imp:
Fix one thing, break another. It's a vicious cycle.
75723039.jpg

:L3000:

There is a spoiler button in the 'insert' dropdown of the editor (beside the video clip icon). But for horizontal there is none. You need to manually type '[h r][/h r]' :frowning2: Same goes with table: '[tabl e][t r][t d][/t d][/t r][/tabl e]' Which is a more pain in the
Ah yes, didn't see that there. "Insert Code" is useful:

Code:
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/tabl e]

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #173,525 of 177,735
I realize this is probably the wrong place to ask for this kind of help but you guys seem quite knowledgeable about this kind of stuff so...
I think my PSU has a power leak or something, or maybe it isn't grounded properly. I honestly have no clue what it is, I'm just speculating what it could be. The "symptoms" is that there is a sort of electric leak coming out from my USB port. Whenever I connect my DAC/Amp (doesn't matter which DAC/Amp they all cause the same problem), after a while, some static starts to build up connector of my headphone cable (the connector is metal) and if I touch it, it gives me a little shock (obviously). I don't think the issue is with the cable since this problem only really occurs when I use them with my desktop and never with my laptop or phone. Anyone have any advice or know how I can isolate the problem or know what the problem could be?

May 23, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #173,526 of 177,735
May 23, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #173,527 of 177,735
I realize this is probably the wrong place to ask for this kind of help but you guys seem quite knowledgeable about this kind of stuff so...
I think my PSU has a power leak or something, or maybe it isn't grounded properly. I honestly have no clue what it is, I'm just speculating what it could be. The "symptoms" is that there is a sort of electric leak coming out from my USB port. Whenever I connect my DAC/Amp (doesn't matter which DAC/Amp they all cause the same problem), after a while, some static starts to build up connector of my headphone cable (the connector is metal) and if I touch it, it gives me a little shock (obviously). I don't think the issue is with the cable since this problem only really occurs when I use them with my desktop and never with my laptop or phone. Anyone have any advice or know how I can isolate the problem or know what the problem could be?
Did you make any recent hardware changes?

Yup, been there since day one of the new site.
C7Ir7RAU4AAInbo.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #173,528 of 177,735
Did you make any recent hardware changes?

Not at all. I've had this issue for a long time, I just resorted to using my laptop or phone to playback music but I don't think I can avoid it forever... I did realize something just now actually, turns out my PSU power cable is a 2 pin cable, it doesn't have a ground wire... Is that a possible source of the issue?

May 23, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #173,530 of 177,735
Not at all. I've had this issue for a long time, I just resorted to using my laptop or phone to playback music but I don't think I can avoid it forever... I did realize something just now actually, turns out my PSU power cable is a 2 pin cable, it doesn't have a ground wire... Is that a possible source of the issue?
It could be, does the PSU have a ground pin? I didn't know it was possible to connect an ungrounded cable to a PSU.

Do you mean your setup is this:

IEC-60320-C17-Power-Connector.jpg

Into this?:

male-power-connector-iec-320-c13-c14.jpg

Or is it one of these?

B1055796637.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #173,532 of 177,735
There just isn't enough contrast in the quotes for me to read them properly, I'm really struggling and I have to scroll up to the original post to follow the conversation. AND WHY IS IT IN ITALICS AND SMALLER FONT, THAT MAKES IT HARDER TO READ WHAWRRGRALBJRALBLABLA

Contrast is not a bad thing, get on the hype train Axel, join the contrast rebellion.

Dulalalala;

Yup your desktop really needs to be grounded properly for starters. I'm not sure how your amp/dac are powered, are they also not grounded (aka floating)?

What's happening is that since the system ground is not mains earth referenced, some charge builds up due to the leakage between the active line and the system ground, this is usually from capacitive coupling of the filter capacitors that are placed between active and ground. Since your body is earth referenced...you'll feel it discharge!

You'll observe this happening with any 'system' that's floating, you might've noticed this with a metal phone or tablet charging with a USB wall charger and if you brush your hand over the device juuust so, it feels like it vibrates ever so slightly.

Now instead of a slight tingly vibrating sensation, you get quite the zap because there is a lot more leakage from a desktop power supply than a laptop or phone charger. This is because they're more beefy so there's more leakage, but it's also because desktops are sort of expected to be grounded ahahah.

I'm relatively certain your amp/dac is floating as well, or else your desktop will become mains earth referenced because the USB ports are connected to ground (which should be earth referenced but it is not in your case, missing pin on the power cable!, are your outlets grounded? if so just change the cable) In that case you have leakage from the desktop and the amp/dac for a double whammy zappy fun time.

I need to stop rambling and get back to work, this is a gross simplification yadda yadda. XD

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #173,533 of 177,735
The female that plugs into the PSU has 3 pins but the male that plugs into the wall socket only has 2 pins.

Like this one:
1-5m-C13-IEC-Kettle-to-font-b-European-b-font-font-b-2-b-font.jpg
^^^ what deadly said.
But actually this one is supposedly grounded (c13 to type F), the attaching metal parts are ground pins poi

You probably mean type C plug..
Euro-Flachstecker_2.jpg

May 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #173,535 of 177,735
Yup your desktop really needs to be grounded properly for starters. I'm not sure how your amp/dac are powered, are they also not grounded (aka floating)?

All my DAC/Amp are battery powered so I assume that would mean they're floating?

But actually this one is supposedly grounded (c13 to type F), the attaching metal parts are ground pins poi

You probably mean type C plug..

Nope I meant that one. I have that exact cable.

IMG_20170523_213544.jpg

So if that cable has grounding, I can assume the issue isn't due to grounding?

EDIT: The cable above does have grounding but apparently it only works with German and French sockets. I don't live in Germany or France nor do I use the same type of sockets so I'm going to assume the grounding part doesn't work for me. I'll try buying a cable with a ground that works in my country and I'll see what happens from there. Thanks for the help! @vantt1 @deadlylover @kn19h7

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back