「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #171,498 of 177,745

The 4k option on the 7559 had 90% sRGB IIRC (maybe subject to lottery), no PWM too. There was one at the Microsoft store for $750 w/4k and I think it's a killer deal, their extended warranties are pretty good from what I've heard.

They've announced the replacement now with a 1050/1050 Ti, should be pretty sweet.

The 4K Inspiron i7559, however, used the RG/BW Pentile matrix to claim the 3840x2160 resolution. It doesn't actually provide the full detail of the resolution, and RG/BW Pentile is widely regarded to be a form of cheating.

It gives you all the downsides of a super-high resolution (potential scaling issues, potential worse battery life) without all the benefits (picture isn't as detailed, sharp details appear fuzzy).

It is also as-of-yet unknown if the newly-released Inspiron 7567 4K model is using the same display or a completely new one, too.

If you would like a 4K display, the Dell XPS 15 4K and Lenovo Y700 4K have been confirmed to use 100% honest true 4K displays.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #171,499 of 177,745
I still don't understand how Guitar Hero works. lol
There's some parts in that vid where he doesn't even touch the center string lever thing but he just pushes the neck buttons and they work 100% of the time. What's the point of the center thing then?

The default notes (solid colored) all generally require a strum (center) to hit them and this rule pretty much follows for most of the game. The differences then are that there are special times in guitar where you can leverage the vibration already caused by the current 'strum' and continue to move your hands to different notes such that you get those to play too without an extra strum.

Those notes show up here with a light center which alerts the user that as long as they hit the note just before the white ones, you can simply press the note colors to continue playing. You can also strum if you wish. The only problem then is if you don't hit the note before the white ones or miss a note while the white ones show up. This can be fixed by continuing to strum the center button and play ALL notes as a standard one. This is typically what newer users do to a song while practicing.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #171,500 of 177,745
Seiren Episode 1:

Loving it already. I'm a sucker for anime like this. We are in for 12 episodes and we are getting three heroines this time (out of what seems to be a total of 6 or 7  from the OP scene). It's been confirmed that we will be getting 4 episodes per heroine to fill up all 12 episodes :D

IF it does well, we can expect probably a S2 with the rest of the heroines adapted. 

I loved Kimikiss, Amagami, Ichigo 100%, and Hatsukoi Limited so this one should be no different.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai ep 1:

Came into this one off the suggestions of /r/anime and I loved the first episode. Just a smile on my face throughout it. It's not cringey but rather just cute. Can't wait for the next episode.

Youjo Senki ep 1:

Decent first episode. Will continue watching. Just hope it doesn't go down too cringey.

Only small point of accuracy I noticed (besides the magic of course) are that their infantry rifles have their bayonets drawn towards modern lines as opposed to what was more common during those times.

Their bayonets are drawn like modern ones which is a stubby hand sized combat knife attached to the rifle. Whereas bayonets at that time were either tri bladded spikes or very long thin knives.

The ones in the anime were like this
 which are more modern

Bayonet from Gewehr 98 used by German WW1 forces

Mosin Bayonet used by Soviet Union/Imperial Russia

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #171,502 of 177,745
Just finished watching all of Little Witch Academia in anticipation for the anime! WOOT

Very excited. Enchancted Parade (OVA 2) was fantastic. 

Quote:
  @youjo senki

holy crap.... dem eyes!

The in anime art is not as cringey/scary as the promo pictures though.

Tanya is actually sorta cute in the anime whereas the promos look like an 80year old scary doll.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #171,503 of 177,745
The in anime art is not as cringey/scary as the promo pictures though.

Tanya is actually sorta cute in the anime whereas the promos look like an 80year old scary doll.

I like the art in the promo... ;-;

@youjo senki

holy crap.... dem eyes!

They look awesome! *Runs before other people murder me in hate*

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78iR2YO8jqU[/video]

I just made a grand decision... I'll be playing LL SIF again, but this time on my iPhone instead of on my laggy Samsung tablet. I guess it won't take long for me to become addicted again.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #171,505 of 177,745
At least pick the less shi.tty game, like Starlight Stage. SIF is bottom tier trash from my experience.

Well, I'm a unique case. I love SIF above all the rhythm games I've tried. My second favourite is Deemo, which others seem to hate even though I love the feeling when tapping. Each to their own. :D

Well, back to the days when I set alarm clocks to wake myself up at night to maximise the refill bar. ^_^

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #171,508 of 177,745

giphy.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #171,510 of 177,745

Hahaha that's a great point. Well in that case, hopefully I can get better at tasting the differences but also not become such a snob that I have to drink myself out of house and home buying expensive alcohols all the time. :X

Just set yourself a reasonable budget. I set myself a limit of about 40 euros per month on whisky, which is more than enough. I usually buy about 40 euro bottles, a bottle a month is more than I drink anyway so my collection is continually expanding. In fact I won't be buying anything now unless I see a very good deal, because my liquor cabinet is getting rather full.

Dayum. I just worry I'll either end up not drinking at all or drinking way more than $40 on alcohol depending on how much I like it and how stressed/depressed I am in a given month, lolz 

Tha looks like a beautiful cabinet though! Btw how long does an open bottle last in your experience? I've asked around and only get vague answers about how it'll last "a while".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back