「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 25, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #171,031 of 177,750

The first season was okay because it was like 60% comedy and 40% lame drama.
Second season annoyed the hell out of me. Boring people with petty problems and no common sense.

Sounds like someone doesn't like highschool drama and didn't have a rosecolored high school experience. (I didn't)

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #171,032 of 177,750
  Sounds like someone doesn't like highschool drama and didn't have a rosecolored high school experience. (I didn't)

Was in no way rosecolored. Nice and uneventful. Just how I like it.

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #171,033 of 177,750

My high-school experience: everyone is stupid and yet they still want to be doctors/something related to science. Because it's suppose to be easy money.

:p

Post high-school:

Everyone who were around are now freaking out because they realised bring a brain surgeon maybe wasn't for them, that there aren't much well posting jobs these days where we live, and you don't really always make that much money running around looking for people to fund you either. :D

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #171,034 of 177,750
  Was in no way rosecolored. Nice and uneventful. Just how I like it.

Is that why you liked Hyouka?

But despite what Oreki says, inside he actually did want something more. He wanted something genuine

(hehe, threw in a Yahari Ore reference)

My high-school experience: everyone is stupid and yet they still want to be doctors/something related to science. Because it's suppose to be easy money.

tongue.gif

Post high-school:

Everyone who were around new are freaking out because they realised bring a brain surgeon maybe wasn't for them, that there aren't much well posting jobs these days where we live, and you don't really always make that much money running around looking for people to fund you either.
biggrin.gif

That was my original HS experience as well. Lots of college and science/doctor/engineer ambitions.

It's been 3.5 years and I've met some of my aquantances in the graduating class....yeah a lot dropped out of college, still going for associates (2 year) or switched into a business major.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #171,035 of 177,750
Is that why you liked Hyouka?

But despite what Oreki says, inside he actually did want something more. He wanted something genuine

(hehe, threw in a Yahari Ore reference)

That was my original HS experience as well. Lots of college and science/doctor/engineer ambitions.

It's been 3.5 years and I've met some of my aquantances in the graduating class....yeah a lot dropped out of college, still going for associates (2 year) or switched into a business major.

Funny, a while ago, I bumped into the one guy from my high-school who was the closest to being expelled during our years studying together. He was that short midget that's always getting into trouble, but he was a really nice guy and we used to hang out a lot (up to a point. Then I started being antisocial and am happy for that :p).

When I saw him, I was walking through one of the largest clothing retail stores in the city. He was extremely tall. I'm used to looking down on him because he really was that short in the past, so it was quite cool to see him from a different perspective. :D

Anyways, turns out he is now working as a financial advisor, and is chatting with the employees in the store. Confident, professional looking, and wearing a suit. Quit a change from how I remember him, and more evidence that the education system in my country needs to change. Not everyone is suited to study science for their life, so the education system shouldn't force everyone to focus on that first, weeding out the few good ones at the expense of others by wasting years of their time. Good on him finding a successful career! o(^_^)b

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #171,036 of 177,750
My school tried to shuffle everyone who was remotely academic into oxbridge, regardless of the persons ambitions. I have no idea how they handled the less academic students since all my friends were nerds.

Frankly if I could redo those years I probably would've gone straight into an industry apprenticeship, alas I wasn't aware of the option at the time.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #171,037 of 177,750
R.I.P. George Michael. ;-;

So many people die every year. He died peacefully on Christmas, passed on so early... T-T

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #171,038 of 177,750

So many people die every year. He died peacefully on Christmas, passed on so early... T-T

Did not believe the news at first. The date is just too ironic.

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #171,041 of 177,750
Funny, a while ago, I bumped into the one guy from my high-school who was the closest to being expelled during our years studying together. He was that short midget that's always getting into trouble, but he was a really nice guy and we used to hang out a lot (up to a point. Then I started being antisocial and am happy for that
tongue.gif
).

When I saw him, I was walking through one of the largest clothing retail stores in the city. He was extremely tall. I'm used to looking down on him because he really was that short in the past, so it was quite cool to see him from a different perspective.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, turns out he is now working as a financial advisor, and is chatting with the employees in the store. Confident, professional looking, and wearing a suit. Quit a change from how I remember him, and more evidence that the education system in my country needs to change. Not everyone is suited to study science for their life, so the education system shouldn't force everyone to focus on that first, weeding out the few good ones at the expense of others by wasting years of their time. Good on him finding a successful career! o(^_^)b

I actually had a similar reaction to an aquantance of mine as well. It was a guy I was semi friends with in French for 3 years in HS. He was probably 5Foot exactly for the years that I knew him so always very short. But then I saw him last year over the summer and he was easilly 5' 7+ which made me super surprised that he hit his growth spurt like that.

What country are you in? poi?

My school tried to shuffle everyone who was remotely academic into oxbridge, regardless of the persons ambitions. I have no idea how they handled the less academic students since all my friends were nerds.

Frankly if I could redo those years I probably would've gone straight into an industry apprenticeship, alas I wasn't aware of the option at the time.

What degree did you get (or are you studying) at your university?

And yeah, an industrial apprenticeship is definately an option that not a lot of people are aware of. Learning a specific skilled trade in an area is indeed a good alt

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #171,042 of 177,750

Kaoru aka Sexhair.

This is also acceptable.

So pretty. I don't remember this part of Hyouka?

Episode 2, 15:42. :)

I haven't watched or read it, but for my money...

...yeah. Her and sensei.

Acceptable.

Yeah sad. Weird I was jest telling Tiddles the other day Faith is a really well recorded album.

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #171,045 of 177,750

Wut wut wut wut wut...but...how did you remember?

You never forget when a woman captures your heart!

... lol j/k I used my google-fu to locate the ep real fast and I have the anime saved so I did power seek ont he player and did you a service. Friends gotta have each others backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back