「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 13, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #170,491 of 177,745
Is it ok if i enter into this thread even if i am not a regular Anime watcher :)
I have watched only few famous anime like Deathnote, Onepunch man, Attack on titans, Onepiece, Naruto, Bleach, Trigun, Fullmetal alchemist & brotherhood, Mushi shi, lelouch the rebellion, Kuroko's basketball, Shokugeki no Souma.. :D

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #170,492 of 177,745
BTW, what’s a good “laptop-first” hybrid windows machine?

2016 HP Spectre x360 (Kaby Lake) hands down; even among laptops that's the best machine right now.

Probably the best laptop right now. Some people say the Yoga 910 as well but I just think the x360 is better executed; no gaudy wristwatch hinge (I guess if you like that kind of stuff it's a plus, although it looks like it can easily catch on things and handling accidents can tear off skin if not careful), more proportional bezels (XPS13 and the Yoga 910 have this ridiculous chin), and two USB-C with TB3 unlike the USB 3.1 only ports on the Yoga (although they're currently graphics disabled so no eGPUs from those ports as of now).

If you really have the money I'd honestly say the VAIO Z Flip. Hardware is rock solid and the performance is there too. I do hear some complaints with some heat dissipation but that varies from person to person. Pen support too if you ever happen to care. New Spectre x360 doesn't have a Synaptics pen like the old one did.

Hmm, I have low confidence with HP here. But I guess it’s slightly more confidence than I have for lenovo lol.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #170,493 of 177,745
Is it ok if i enter into this thread even if i am not a regular Anime watcher :)
I have watched only few famous anime like Deathnote, Onepunch man, Attack on titans, Onepiece, Naruto, Bleach, Trigun, Fullmetal alchemist & brotherhood, Mushi shi, lelouch the rebellion, Kuroko's basketball, Shokugeki no Souma.. :D

No, it’s not.

And since now that you’ve revealed yourself, commit sudoku now to redeem yourself.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #170,494 of 177,745

No, it’s not.

And since now that you’ve revealed yourself, commit sudoku now to redeem yourself.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #170,495 of 177,745

Is it ok if i enter into this thread even if i am not a regular Anime watcher
smily_headphones1.gif

I have watched only few famous anime like Deathnote, Onepunch man, Attack on titans, Onepiece, Naruto, Bleach, Trigun, Fullmetal alchemist & brotherhood, Mushi shi, lelouch the rebellion, Kuroko's basketball, Shokugeki no Souma..
biggrin.gif

No, it’s not.

Today i learnt a new word "Commit Sudoku". Thanks, i got an addition of word in my poor vocabulary :)

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #170,496 of 177,745
  Haha I would love too but that price tag is a bit too much 
biggrin.gif

Though on a more realistic note anyone have a good recommendation for a solid state balanced amp? Or is the difference negligible between balanced and single ended? I was looking at the Jotunheim but I'm open to anything under $1000. Already have my mind set on WA8 for tube unless someone can convince me otherwise 
cool.gif

Ehhhhhhhhh I fall in the 'makes bugger all difference' camp, but I'll say anything to not get you sucked into the endless abyss of nonsensical consumer over-consumption nigh scammy mcscamface that is audio electronics.

@vantt1

You know what to do.

Hmm, I have low confidence with HP here. But I guess it’s slightly more confidence than I have for lenovo lol.

Buy something or from somewhere that has good support, it's no fun sending your babby off for three weeks to get repaired for god knows what. If the laptop is just a secondary machine or a toy then yeah, min-max to the heavens I guess. The HP does look pretty nice, how about a Surface Pro 4? They might be semi-affordable now that we're nearing the next upgrade cycle.

My logic is, any 2-in-1 laptop first is pretty poopy as a tablet, whereas the SP4 is a great tablet and a usable laptop. Unless..you know...you actually want to use it on your lap most of the time in which case the SP4 sucks for that because of the kickstand. No storage upgrades too, ahhh you know what, forget it, buy a decent cheap laptop AND a tablet. 
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #170,497 of 177,745
Err.. Sudoku?
I choose to play black then.
About Windows hybrid PC, don't forget Microsoft Surface Book, esp if you want internal dedicated GPU and don't want to lug around a whole laptop for a quick half cour anime watching :)

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #170,498 of 177,745

@vantt1

You know what to do.

Today i learnt a new word "Commit Sudoku". Thanks, i got an addition of word in my poor vocabulary :)

For you:

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #170,499 of 177,745
Haha I would love too but that price tag is a bit too much :D
Though on a more realistic note anyone have a good recommendation for a solid state balanced amp? Or is the difference negligible between balanced and single ended? I was looking at the Jotunheim but I'm open to anything under $1000. Already have my mind set on WA8 for tube unless someone can convince me otherwise :cool:

DNA Sonett 2
Woo WA22
Torpedo III
Mjolnir 2

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #170,500 of 177,745
Congrats now proceeding to next step: buy Moon Neo 430

Haha I would love too but that price tag is a bit too much 
biggrin.gif

Though on a more realistic note anyone have a good recommendation for a solid state balanced amp? Or is the difference negligible between balanced and single ended? I was looking at the Jotunheim but I'm open to anything under $1000. Already have my mind set on WA8 for tube unless someone can convince me otherwise 
cool.gif

lol I could attest that suggestion :>
Btw actually 430HA isn't that expensive here, cuz the local dealer lowers the price by cutting warranty period.

Yea generally, its no worth it to bother with balanced vs single-ended. Especially if you're thinking price-performance wise.
Never tried Jotunheim, it does look super good for the pricing though. But then people are saying its not suitable for HD800 poi

....how about selling your dac/amps and get a Sony ZH1ES? no guaranty of good pairing though, just something I've been eyeing haha

Actually I'm liking Occultic;Nine now.
At first I was watching for Miyuu-tan despite of the awkward pacing. But then slowly getting used to it and the story catches up, and now there is even Asuna-chan :>

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #170,501 of 177,745

Ehhhhhhhhh I fall in the 'makes bugger all difference' camp, but I'll say anything to not get you sucked into the endless abyss of nonsensical consumer over-consumption nigh scammy mcscamface that is audio electronics.

Haha I've been trying to avoid the after market cable thread for that exact reason.

DNA Sonett 2
Woo WA22
Torpedo III
Mjolnir 2

The WA22 and Mjolnir 2 was something I was eyeing at first actually but I decided against it in the end because I won't have the desk space (it would take up almost half my desk which I don't exactly have the space for since my desk is filled with notes and books 
biggrin.gif
) and I might have to travel for extended periods of time so I wanted to something a bit more easy to bring around.

Yea generally, its no worth it to bother with balanced vs single-ended. Especially if you're thinking price-performance wise.
Never tried Jotunheim, it does look super good for the pricing though. But then people are saying its not suitable for HD800 poi

....how about selling your dac/amps and get a Sony ZH1ES? no guaranty of good pairing though, just something I've been eyeing haha

Looks really good actually! But for the reason mentioned above and that I originally I wanted to get two amp, one solid state and one tube in which I would be willing to spend ~3k in total but I might change my mind and get one instead and spend more on it if it's worth it. Might look into something else though if it's not suitable for HD800S. Do you happen to know if the iDSD Black is any good?

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #170,502 of 177,745
Haha I've been trying to avoid the after market cable thread for that exact reason.

The WA22 and Mjolnir 2 was something I was eyeing at first actually but I decided against it in the end because I won't have the desk space (it would take up almost half my desk which I don't exactly have the space for since my desk is filled with notes and books :D ) and I might have to travel for extended periods of time so I wanted to something a bit more easy to bring around.

Looks really good actually! But for the reason mentioned above and that I originally I wanted to get two amp, one solid state and one tube in which I would be willing to spend ~3k in total but I might change my mind and get one instead and spend more on it if it's worth it.

Expensive amps actually are also pretty excessive in term bad value but eh, I gotta find what I like before downgrading else I might regret it.

Liquid Carbon. poi.

If you have that much budget, you can go big and buy something like Zana Deux S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back