「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #170,477 of 177,750
But it’s lenovo though. Superfish and all that jazz.

Buying a computing device made by a Chinese (government funded?) company feels like paying out of your own pocket for a Trojan Horse, whether it is true or not.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #170,478 of 177,750
  Buying a computing device made by a Chinese (government funded?) company feels like paying out of your own pocket for a Trojan Horse, whether it is true or not.

I think we're already boned because of the Intel microcode thingamajig.

But hey, if my browsing habits will push the bootleg dakimakura industry forward then I'm all for it. 
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #170,479 of 177,750

But hey, if my browsing habits will push the bootleg dakimakura industry forward then I'm all for it. 
tongue.gif

Hahaha, the bootleg industry just gets better and better.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my two bootleg chibis to arrive from China. It's been over 2 months...

^^ Perfectly logical~ :3

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #170,480 of 177,750

To be fair, Occultic;Nine is not part of the semicolon series. It's not set in the same universe and Nitro+ had no part in it.
The music is awesome, I think it's worth watching for the OP/ED alone (GJ 5pb)

Get HYPEd for Chaos;Child anime next season, it's set 6 years after Chaos;Head whose anime adaptation doesn't exist.
I heard the VN is really good but I'm still on chapter 8/12 of route 1/6 so I know nothing....

I never really got to enjoy Steins;Gate because I didn't like the majority of the cast.
Chaos;Head is still my fav so far.

It's the writer for Occultic;Nine also the creator of Steins;Gate though?

The new Lenovo X1 Carbon leak looks pretty goooooood. Thanks Dell! 
tongue.gif

I really wish all laptop manufacturers would just move the exhausts to the hinge. Not that comfortable to have your hand or anything resting near the exhaust. The heat out of the X1 Carbon Gen 2 loaner I had was getting quite uncomfortable.

Also, "Silver option"? :O

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #170,481 of 177,750

But hey, if my browsing habits will push the bootleg dakimakura industry forward then I'm all for it. :p

LET’S MAKE BOOTLEG DAKIMAKURA INDUSTRY GREAT!!

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #170,483 of 177,750
BTW, what’s a good “laptop-first” hybrid windows machine?

2016 HP Spectre x360 (Kaby Lake) hands down; even among laptops that's the best machine right now.

Probably the best laptop right now. Some people say the Yoga 910 as well but I just think the x360 is better executed; no gaudy wristwatch hinge (I guess if you like that kind of stuff it's a plus, although it looks like it can easily catch on things and handling accidents can tear off skin if not careful), more proportional bezels (XPS13 and the Yoga 910 have this ridiculous chin), and two USB-C with TB3 unlike the USB 3.1 only ports on the Yoga (although they're currently graphics disabled so no eGPUs from those ports as of now).

If you really have the money I'd honestly say the VAIO Z Flip. Hardware is rock solid and the performance is there too. I do hear some complaints with some heat dissipation but that varies from person to person. Pen support too if you ever happen to care. New Spectre x360 doesn't have a Synaptics pen like the old one did.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #170,488 of 177,750
I haven't smiled that much from a headphone in a while haha. I definitely heard things I didn't hear before and surprisingly it wasn't as bright as I expected. Didn't make my ears bleed which was what I was sort of expecting :) 

TLDR: Worth every penny spent

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #170,490 of 177,750
Congrats now proceeding to next step: buy Moon Neo 430

Haha I would love too but that price tag is a bit too much 
biggrin.gif

Though on a more realistic note anyone have a good recommendation for a solid state balanced amp? Or is the difference negligible between balanced and single ended? I was looking at the Jotunheim but I'm open to anything under $1000. Already have my mind set on WA8 for tube unless someone can convince me otherwise 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back