「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 22, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #169,216 of 177,750
  You already know Mechy. You. Already. Know.

Can't blame 'im, I too prefer the robustness and unlimited layering possibilities of toiler paper.

I threw in another eight gig stick in the laptop, it has the i5-6300U with Intel 520 integrated graphics. Civ 6 on low @ 1080 runs arouuuund 30ish fps, 24ish with shadows. The strategic view runs very well because it's only 2D, with max power savings on I think it does 40fps chugging along at 9-10W, which isn't even enough to turn on the fan so I can have a 5 hour I'm-supposed-to-sleep session in bed.
Running dual channel ram increased the fps by aboouut 20%, a pretty sizeable chunk, but it did increase power consumption by 0.3W on idle with my brief testing (approx 10%). Bummer.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #169,217 of 177,750

Can't blame 'im, I too prefer the robustness and unlimited layering possibilities of toiler paper.

I threw in another eight gig stick in the laptop, it has the i5-6300U with Intel 520 integrated graphics. Civ 6 on low @ 1080 runs arouuuund 30ish fps, 24ish with shadows. The strategic view runs very well because it's only 2D, with max power savings on I think it does 40fps chugging along at 9-10W, which isn't even enough to turn on the fan so I can have a 5 hour I'm-supposed-to-sleep session in bed.
Running dual channel ram increased the fps by aboouut 20%, a pretty sizeable chunk, but it did increase power consumption by 0.3W on idle with my brief testing (approx 10%). Bummer.

Mfw we have the same miku nendo, Saihate miku. :D

Also tissues are useful for nosebleeds, if you are sensitive to that. ;_; (Real life response to sarcastic comments!)

Damn, I never knew that dual channel could have that much of an impact on iGPUs... My laptop has been running in dual channel since I got it, so never noticed a difference when I bumped up to 16GB of RAM. I do however have a lot of testing on temps and how thermal throttling affects FPS and frame rate consistency (which to me is more important than how large the number actually at that level). Kinda interesting results, and poorly documented.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #169,218 of 177,750

thanks, I'm already having eargasms from the violins.

:D

Erm, actually has arrived for some time, vol2 coming soon poi... still looping the ED regularly >.<

hd800(s) ftw :>

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #169,220 of 177,750
  truu

I now put my amp and HD800 behind my desk. Now just need to stack a nice DAC like you do and run a 3 or 5m optical cable from the soundcard.
(actually your DAC looks cool but I'm afraid it's too wide for my small desk heh)

Also, New Game

MARY ♥

Wait, so for now you are running long single-ended analog connection to the amp?

I like the how the dac looks too :D
And its funny to look at that fancy digital level meter that tells me how crappy of DR I am listening to orz

New Game is so good, much hoping for season 2 >.<

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #169,221 of 177,750
  MARY ♥

Wait, so for now you are running long single-ended analog connection to the amp?

I like the how the dac looks too :D
And its funny to look at that fancy digital level meter that tells me how crappy of DR I am listening to orz

New Game is so good, much hoping for season 2 >.<

Grimgar got quality artwork I'd say. Hoping for S2 but probably not.

Well, 5 meter RCA is still acceptable but I don't know if 5 meter optical would work good. That's why I'm looking for either a big DAC that can stack under my amp, or a smaller sized that could be put on desk.

It can display DR? Cool.

Considering Gochiusa got 2nd season, I'll bet New Game gonna get one too since it's popular as well. Also the anime art resembles the original too. I like it more than Gochiusa.

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #169,222 of 177,750

Well, 5 meter RCA is still acceptable but I don't know if 5 meter optical would work good. That's why I'm looking for either a big DAC that can stack under my amp, or a smaller sized that could be put on desk.

It can display DR? Cool.

Considering Gochiusa got 2nd season, I'll bet New Game gonna get one too since it's popular as well. Also the anime art resembles the original too. I like it more than Gochiusa.

I am hoping Grimgar S2 as well, but probably not buying blurays unless it comes in a single box. Too many things to want orz

No idea how would optical work too haha, but somehow I think distance shouldn't be a significant factor for optical...?
Or if you feel good poi, there are ethernet options to consider XD

Much hope so, I much prefer New Game.
Actually sometimes Gochiusa makes me sleepy orz

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #169,223 of 177,750
I am hoping Grimgar S2 as well, but probably not buying blurays unless it comes in a single box. Too many things to want orz

No idea how would optical work too haha, but somehow I think distance shouldn't be a significant factor for optical...?

Much hope so, I much prefer New Game.
Actually sometimes Gochiusa makes me sleepy orz

I never buy series blurays cuz no sub n can't watch with friends orz

Ethernet is nice but needs Audio GD DAC & the digital interface.

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #169,224 of 177,750

Actually I was talking about things like the Focusrite Rednets :p

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #169,225 of 177,750

New Game is selling 1/2 of what Gochiusa did. S2 looks doubtful.

That's the #1 reason to use toslink, it goes really far with minimal loss, I have the below cable that I've never used just for that.

4twpdg.jpg

You never buy BD because you are a poison on the hobby and want the companies in Japan to go bankrupt
angry_face.gif

Biggest shortfall of optical it is can only go up to 24/96 PCM. Coax and AES/EBU can go up to 24/192 in comparison.

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #169,227 of 177,750
Actually I was talking about things like the Focusrite Rednets :p

Know Focusrite but not the Rednets.

New Game is selling 1/2 of what Gochiusa did. S2 looks doubtful.

That's the #1 reason to use toslink, it goes really far with minimal loss, I have the below cable that I've never used just for that.

4twpdg.jpg

You never buy BD because you are a poison on the hobby and want the companies in Japan to go bankrupt :angry_face: .

Biggest shortfall of optical it is can only go up to 24/96 PCM. Coax and AES/EBU can go up to 24/192 in comparison.

It's because gochiusa is pedobait anime and the world is filled with pedos.

Shaddup Mr. Crane. I still buy movies BDs, if something I really want but lately no.

Yush time to buy new DAC and connection then.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #169,228 of 177,750

It can display DR? Cool.

5m optical is alright. 10m RCA is what's probably spotty.

Quote:
Know Focusrite but not the Rednets.
It's because gochiusa is pedobait anime and the world is filled with pedos.

Shaddup Mr. Crane. I still buy movies BDs, if something I really want but lately no.

Yush time to buy new DAC and connection then.

Shaddup roze, loli is your fav

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #169,229 of 177,750

You already know Mechy. You. Already. Know.

Lmao just use onaholes, no need to use toilet paper or tissues or anything....

And since we are posting crappy battlestation pics:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back