「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #169,051 of 177,745
  Did you watch it because I mentioned it, or purely by coincidence?
biggrin.gif

coincidence, I just saw it on nyaase and remembered that I never finished the game.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #169,052 of 177,745
  coincidence, I just saw it on nyaase and remembered that I never finished the game.

Oh come on, you can admit that you watched it purely because of him :)
Would be weird if that wasn't the case since the whole effing world revolves around him!

Heh.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #169,055 of 177,745
@Drifters ep02

Was having kinda low expectation poi from ep1..  but then that OP, and ep2, wow.

@Fune wo Amu ep01

Plain but nice start as expected.
Actually, I wonder how fansubs deal with this...

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #169,056 of 177,745

Those comparisons are always entertaining to see.

At AES from the hearing fatigue panel, one of the panelists works on sound effects for movies and he said people often make the soundtrack of the movie based on music from other movies. Using the other songs as a templates for the pacing of the movie, the composers can then make their song matching that tempo.

Obviously the pacing of scenes in anime openings and endings play a big role in how enjoyable they are.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #169,058 of 177,745
Which of these anime should i watch next?

Berserk 2016
Fate/Stay Night
Darker Than Black
Ergo Proxy
Code Geass

I love action anime. Here is my list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/altctrl

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #169,060 of 177,745
  Code Geass, Fate/Stay Night then Ergo Proxy if you ask me.

Code Geass.

'Nuff said. :wink:

Dance dance dance~

http://loli.dance/

Felt like bringing this back up again for some reason.

Does anybody know of an Android ROM that works well with ViPER4Android over a USB dac?

Currently, the only way I can get ViPER4Android's processing to work over a USB dac for my Samsung S3 is with TouchWiz, but TouchWiz on it is crap... ;-;

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #169,061 of 177,745

I love action anime. Here is my list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/altctrl

Couldn't tell ya...but here are some anime I recommend with action/violence that are not on your completed list, just to expand your horizons. The ones in the top section should be given priority in terms of action in my opinion.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Don't forget the movies.)
Fate/Zero
Soul Eater
Akame Ga Kill!

A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun
Another
Black Butler
Blood+
Blood-C / Blood-C: The Last Dark
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
Deadman Wonderland
Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] (Watch the series before the movie if you want to avoid spoilers.)
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry)
Parasyte -the maxim-
Rin: Daughters Of Mnemosyne
Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X
Samurai Champloo
Shigurui
Sword Art Online
Trinity Seven
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Wolf's Rain
X-Men
Yu Yu Hakusho

The Resident Evil and Final Fantasy animated movies have good action too.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #169,062 of 177,745
Don't watch Fate/Stay Night, UBW or Deen. They're both horrible. UBW at least has some nice fight scenes because ufotable but Shiro is so awful it ruins the entire series.

The good parts of the show are summed up by all the fight scenes minus the last one.

Anyways, my recommendations for first tier picks:

Monogatari series (watch it in airing order): This show somehow makes dialogue really amazing. SHAFT has a very unique way of doing things.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso: Great show if you're looking for something that is able to convey emotion really well.

Shokugeki no Souma: interesting, takes the charm of sports anime and applies it to food.

One Punch Man: probably one of the most hyped shows of all time. It's a great comedy.

Mob Psycho 100: ONE focuses more on character development here. I think the anime is okay. It starts of pretty great and then I kind of lost the excitement later on because it didn't feel like much was happening. The anime also stopped in a meh spot.

Durarara!: Really interesting anime. It has an interesting plot and the anime does a great job conveying confusion/plentiful activity in times of chaos by swapping between each of the parties fairly often in scenes. Good stuff.

Shirobako: Nothing else to say but just a good show. Gives a bit more appreciation regarding the hardships of anime production/industry I guess?

Hibiki Euphonium: I'm not exactly a person for shows like these but this one I actually did like. There are some gorgeous scenes and music is great. Character interactions are pretty adorable as well.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Long time favorite of a few of the senior members here. Great satire on aspects of Japanese society.

Fate/Zero: The best Fate and the only Fate you should watch. Ufotable nails action packed scenes as expected. I think the plot of this one is a lot more interesting too since all characters get very good amounts of development instead of focusing on Shiro's fantasy ideals and his stubbornness (there is no Shiro in this show till the end where he's just shown for a few seconds). This show really lets you kind of choose your camp since each party within the Holy Grail War is given ample amount of character development time in which you find the motivations and personalities of the Masters and the Servants that really makes this show fantastic. Interaction between the Servants is also really well done.

Mushishi: By far my favorite show for relaxing. It's a show you can easily just pick up from time to time instead of watching it all at once. There's a good amount of episodes and the individual stories are generally all contained within one episode. It's a very soothing anime.

Shouwa Genroku no Rakugo: 10/10. The premise of the story may sound very boring but it has a very captivating plot in reality.

Assassination Classroom: Just very fun to watch. Action packed as well.

Death Parade: Gives a fantastic diversity of stories. It's a bit graphic in a sense for some moments but I like it a lot.

Ping Pong the Animation: Man is the art great. It's not an art style everybody would like. Characters are very interesting.

Space Dandy: Gorgeous visuals, funny characters and random but memorable story.

Steins;Gate

Uchouten Kazoku

Boku Dake ga Inai Michi

Sakamoto Desu Ga: Fun Saturday/Sunday morning comedy. It's a relaxing watch and if you want to have a small laugh.

Second tier picks would be:

Kiznaiver: I don't know why but I'm a bit partial to this show. It wasn't exactly fantastic nor too memorable but I think it's still better than average.

Kill la Kill: The show that was the most hyped before One Punch Man. The visuals in this show are amazing and it's just really crazy in general. Good watch. I didn't list this as first tier just because of how unorthodox the plot is which I wasn't as big of a fan of but it's fine. It's one of the shows that does fanservice in a pretty funny way with the character design. It's not like the characters are drop dead gorgeous so it's not super hardcore fanservice. They have very eccentric clothing.

ReLIFE: This one is pretty interesting and short as well. The plot kind of gives you all you need to know going into it.

Flying Witch: Super relaxing SoL. Mushishi is much more mature, this one is much more laid back. I did find this one quite a bit more boring than Mushishi though for some reason but this is the super relaxed pick.

Hyouka: This is a classic. Not the fondest of all the characters but it's a nice watch.

Gangsta: Great combat but not too much of it, very interesting art, has an interesting plot.

91 Days: This is a pretty generic revenge story set during the age of Prohibition but I think it's pretty well done.

Boku no Hero Academia: This is kind of like any shounen where you have the weak MC striving to be the best. I think it's well done and deserves a recommendation.

A few others which I'm too lazy to type my opinion on:

Mawaru Penguindrum
Kamisama no Memochou (this kind of had an Angel Beats feel to it)
No Game No Life (another popular show; I just like it mostly for the art. It's very predictable in that it's another show where the MCs are OP so you know they'll always win)
Another (a bit dark)
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Utawarerumono
Mirai Nikki (pretty disturbing, going to be honest but this show kind of mind****ed me for a bit after watching it)

Shows to avoid:
Guilty Crown: This show had amazing amounts of promise at first then it squandered it.
Aldnoah;Zero: Same as above
Fate/Stay Night UBW or Deen's version: Both are just bad, Shirou is obnoxious, end of story.
Sword Art Online: So first arc where it was actually SAO was pretty good. I don't care for harems though so minus points. Everything after that is garbage.
Re:Zero: Same as Aldnoah and Guilty. It got really messy at the end and didn't feel very organized. Also not a big fan of the MC or his crush. Rem has a fantastic character though, that's all I can say.
Accel World: Man I really hated watching through this one but I did it anyways. The MC is very static and is always cowardly and obnoxious. I think a good one to compare this to is Boku no Hero Academia. Both MC's are cowardly and weak at the beginning but the MC of Hero Academia is much more dynamic and develops into a respectable person.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #169,063 of 177,745
  Don't watch Fate/Stay Night, UBW or Deen. They're both horrible. UBW at least has some nice fight scenes because ufotable but Shiro is so awful it ruins the entire series.

The good parts of the show are summed up by all the fight scenes minus the last one.

My brother saw the movie with me and made a joke about how his super power is yelling "MIRACLE!" and randomly jumping into harm's way sideways. We reference it from time to time. haha

There's so much epic action in UBW that I think it's definitely worth watching no matter how wimpy he is. I'll admit Fate/Zero is much better, of course.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #169,064 of 177,745

Not a big fan of any of these.
You still have some Black Lagoon to watch :p
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4901/Black_Lagoon__Robertas_Blood_Trail

Also watch Jormungand, Baccano, Kekkai Sensen, FLCL etc etc blabla

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #169,065 of 177,745
Which live action anime adaptations do you like?

They tend to be embarrassingly bad (who can forget Dragonball Evolution? *shudder*), but this one is decent:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood:_The_Last_Vampire_(2009_film)

If you're in the US, Canada, Australia, or some Latin American countries, here's a legal link to watch it:

http://www.crackle.com/blood-the-last-vampire/2486845

Users who are viewing this thread

Back