「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 28, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #158,341 of 177,750
Hidamari Sketch ep01: certainly feels like a SHAFT production. Character designs remind me of Madoka, and those photorealistic objects of Monogatari.

But dat cosplay tho!

iaE3irs.jpg

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #158,344 of 177,750
@Tou no ****a no Exercitus

Its like Zero no Tsukaima + Danmachi! Here's the setting:
The MC is summoned into a magical world by a student who's studying to become an adventurer in order to fight monsters on a tower.

Aug 28, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #158,345 of 177,750

Also: http://www.fastcodesign.com/3050406/how-ammunition-and-apples-ex-ceo-plan-to-disrupt-the-design-center-of-the-smartphone-world

Hm...the question now is...is the audio circuitry any good?

Because if not, then I think Samsung global models (actually I think US is using Wolfson chip now too right now because they abandoned the Snapdragon 810), Apple, or Sony for good built in audio circuitry. I'd like to not have to get another brick to slap onto the back of my phone.

At $250 and below for the models I'm not very optimistic (they're probably using whatever Qualcomm included). Then again, Xiaomi touts the use of better audio circuitry in their products. Only issue is the QC. MIUI is actually pretty nice. Weekly updates...(O_O).

Interesting....

I'm using a MI2S and MIUI is the worse ROM I've ever used in my life......
Mainly due to all the Chinese/China localization features. (e.g. default search engine is baidu)
Even Samsung's ROM is a bit easier to use IMO.

I'm now using CM11 on my MI2S and Nvidia's ROM on my SHIELD tab.

I don't see anything listed outside of the Dolby 7.1 garbage. Looks like whatever stock garbage comes with the Snapdragon 615.

Which version is it? 6 and 7 seem to be fine from the time I used it in China.

I think Samsung cleaned up TouchWiz quite a bit. It looked fine on the Galaxy A8.

Can't beat stock Android though because Google now has the outlines for Material Design and many apps follow that now.

So hyped for Xperia Z5 series. September 2 announcement at 6:45 apparently (don't know which time region, but it was reported in 24 hour format). Is it Mobile World Congress then or something? I don't keep track of the tech events. Slightly disappointed the Xperia Z5 Compact is keeping the 720p screen. I thought 1080p would be considered minimum. 1080p is fine for the regular Z5 though.

Z5+ I'm not sure how I feel about.

@ GATE ep 9: Is that a Fate/Type-Moon reference I saw in that episode?

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #158,346 of 177,750
  So hyped for Xperia Z5 series. September 2 announcement at 6:45 apparently (don't know which time region, but it was reported in 24 hour format). Is it Mobile World Congress then or something? I don't keep track of the tech events. Slightly disappointed the Xperia Z5 Compact is keeping the 720p screen. I thought 1080p would be considered minimum. 1080p is fine for the regular Z5 though.

I'm also quite interested in the Z5 series, the Compact specifically. Sure it stinks that it's a 720p screen, but 4.6" is the right size and if I do get one it'll probably be a work phone, not my primary personal-use phone. There are so many amazing Android devices out there that are simply too large for my tastes. The Z3C was the last one that really grabbed my attention.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #158,348 of 177,750

I'm also quite interested in the Z5 series, the Compact specifically. Sure it stinks that it's a 720p screen, but 4.6" is the right size and if I do get one it'll probably be a work phone, not my primary personal-use phone. There are so many amazing Android devices out there that are simply too large for my tastes. The Z3C was the last one that really grabbed my attention.

The 5.2" size of the Z5 (Regular) seems to be fine. From the photos it looked like the compact was slightly thicker than the normal version?

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #158,350 of 177,750

The densest LCD screen I've seen in a phone was in the HTC One M7, which had a 4.7" 1080p display @ 468 ppi. The Z3C's 4.6" 720p is still a healthy 319 ppi, which is more than enough. the iPhone 6's 4.7" Retina display is plenty sharp, and it's "only" 326 ppi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back