「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 28, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #157,276 of 177,750
does the pad really matter that much? I've been using the same thing for like 4-5 years now, and I don't really see any reason to buy anything new.

Even I, a scrub-level non-MLG gamer can assure you that mouse pads do make a somewhat big difference.

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #157,277 of 177,750
Most the time, it doesn't affect tracking performance on proper mouse but lift distance, glide, and most importantly comfort is all affected.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #157,278 of 177,750

My thoughts exactly!
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #157,279 of 177,750
  Found the "advantages" in the settings menu.

After I'm connected, what do I get?

After connecting to Facebook, we'll find if any of your Facebook friends are on the forum and show you a list of them on the homepage. You'll also be able to share threads you comment in easily. Don't worry, we'll always pop up a final confirmation for you to approve before we publish anything to your Facebook feed.

That's.....such a great deal!

Just came back from a biking trip through Belgium the other days. Biking through the Ardennes with its relatively steep hills is not recommended on a crappy bike with like 15kg of luggage. We planned to do 100km a day, but it became more like 60km per two days -_-

Also, Boris got drunk!?

100km a day?....you cray........

Wat.

Well that sounds more plausible than Bowei getting drunk.

hmmmm....

O rly?

lol...that almost kinda happened once a few years ago

I could swear you just drew this up in paint...kinda like my old TMAC submissions

Steep hills and heavy luggage sounds scary.....
I used to do all kinds of crazy stunts on my bike, it was pretty stupid thinking back, glad I'm still alive.

Ehehe~ how could I possibly get drunk *hic*
Well, I got as drunk as I could get anyway....

dang borisu! Nice work! 

Did Charley help you out with the little adventure?

LOL.

Anyways guys I think I got a pretty big steal.

Just looked the photo and wow this webcam is horrible in low-light. XD I look like I changed races.

In HeFei there's a really nice Japanese mini-store called Miniso which sells really solid electronics and whatnot for really cheap (small electronics accessories and some home items, kind of like a very small version of MUJI for those who know that company). These seem to be Xiaomi Piston clones (or at least same OEM). They also have that chocolate smell in the packaging so I'm pretty sure they're the same. 25 RMB each so a little more than $4.

Edit: welp just listened to them and no they are not. Super heavy on bass and very boomy. Oh well, RIP $8. The actual Xiaomi's are probably much clearer (though still very warm sounding from what I've read).

Dang. You got much darker...stop wearing black clothing yo!

You know something went wrong when they are $4 USD and that a Chinese company has Japanese on the front.

Xiaomi becomming so 'high-end' in China that even China is cloning it and putting upper-end Japanese writting on it
  I got to try the G502.
Feels nice. I thought the buttons would be all flimsy n schiit but they weren't. Clicking feels really good.
A bit too heavy for my taste with all the weights loaded in.

Remove some of dem weights meng

Even I, a scrub-level non-MLG gamer can assure you that mouse pads do make a somewhat big difference.

That level of clarificaation

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #157,280 of 177,750

Well sure. I mean my mouse pad is a whole lot better than those cheap plastic ones, and most definitely it's better compared to just using my mouse on my table top. However, I don't really see the point in upgrading at all. I don't see how the difference between two decent mousepads can be significant.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #157,281 of 177,750
100km a day?....you cray........

On flat terrain it's no big deal at all. I do 50km distances like twice per month or so. With all the luggage we had it would be like 6 hours of cycling. Which is actually much less tiring than 6 hours of walking, since cycling puts much less stress on your joints.

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #157,283 of 177,750
Well sure. I mean my mouse pad is a whole lot better than those cheap plastic ones, and most definitely it's better compared to just using my mouse on my table top. However, I don't really see the point in upgrading at all. I don't see how the difference between two decent mousepads can be significant.

Oh me neither.
It's the same thing with headphones. After a certain point they don't really get better and only differ in sound signature etc.

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #157,284 of 177,750
I thought ClariS are on hold?

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #157,285 of 177,750
Finally watched the Psycho-Pass movie
popcorn.gif

Had everything in it that I loved so much about the first season!
Tons of powerful and memorable scenes, great soundtrack, meaningful twist(of course there is one) and Production I.G. visuals.
Yes, there is a lot of engrish, but it is really really good engrish. Probably the best engrish I've heard in an anime.
Can wholeheartedly recommend to everyone who watched the first season :3

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #157,286 of 177,750
  LOL.

Anyways guys I think I got a pretty big steal.

-snip-

Just looked the photo and wow this webcam is horrible in low-light. XD I look like I changed races.

In HeFei there's a really nice Japanese mini-store called Miniso which sells really solid electronics and whatnot for really cheap (small electronics accessories and some home items, kind of like a very small version of MUJI for those who know that company). These seem to be Xiaomi Piston clones (or at least same OEM). They also have that chocolate smell in the packaging so I'm pretty sure they're the same. 25 RMB each so a little more than $4.

Edit: welp just listened to them and no they are not. Super heavy on bass and very boomy. Oh well, RIP $8. The actual Xiaomi's are probably much clearer (though still very warm sounding from what I've read).

The pistons 2 for what they are worth are pretty good. They are standard v-shape big bass sound but yeah real warm. I intentionally took off the filters and inner foam on my pistons 2 to reduce bass and bring out the mids but it did make them rather sibilant.

Using the same mouse pad for a while can get pretty nasty and then I end up a replacement. Though less of an issue on hard surface mousepads.

One of the members left and there is now a new member so everything is daijoubu.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 28, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #157,287 of 177,750
On flat terrain it's no big deal at all. I do 50km distances like twice per month or so. With all the luggage we had it would be like 6 hours of cycling. Which is actually much less tiring than 6 hours of walking, since cycling puts much less stress on your joints.

yeah. Flat terrain isn't bad....but on Murican Appalachin mountain windy roads...forget it. 
  If you travel at 20kmh^-1 on average, that's only 5 hours a day.

What is with the ^-1?

5 hours of biking for a geek is still...kinda hard

Nope. One of the members dropped to pursue studies. A new girl joined into ClariS
  Finally watched the Psycho-Pass movie
popcorn.gif

Had everything in it that I loved so much about the first season!
Tons of powerful and memorable scenes, great soundtrack, meaningful twist(of course there is one) and Production I.G. visuals.
Yes, there is a lot of engrish, but it is really really good engrish. Probably the best engrish I've heard in an anime.
Can wholeheartedly recommend to everyone who watched the first season :3

I haven't finished S2

Will I be able to understand it if I watch it?

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #157,288 of 177,750
  I haven't finished S2
Will I be able to understand it if I watch it?

The movie takes places after season one, so yes, you don't have to finish the piece of **** that is Psycho-Pass 2.

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #157,289 of 177,750
Don't like the new girl myself. Sounds too similar to the other member now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back