「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #153,451 of 177,745
Go buy my STAX system already! >:

May 21, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #153,453 of 177,745
May 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #153,454 of 177,745
Does the US hate political discussion shows or why is Face the Nation etc airing on fuggin Sunday morning?

May 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #153,455 of 177,745
  Oh you didn't know? Visit /g/'s Headphone General, there'll be an anon posting the exact same pic with exact same phrase ">that feel when K7xx master race", ever since it was first released.
K7XX shilling was too much back then, now it's calmed down a bit.

hpg is for s***posting and not much else. My life got much better after I stopped going there.

Does the US hate political discussion shows or why is Face the Nation etc airing on fuggin Sunday morning?

General disinterest in politics for most people. I'm probably one of the more active political guys among my group of friends and I can't even be bothered to turnout for every election my county has. I probably have around 2 elections to vote for stuff every year and things end up being a run off election then woo another polling date~ And off years are generally for like local offices or school board so generally uninteresting positions. Nothing really changes much depending on who is elected anyway most changes come from propositions. So basically general apathy.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 21, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #153,457 of 177,745
  I aint a fan of how I gotta buy another amp for Stax so no Stax for me.

You can at least try the entry level stuff. I have seen the SRS-2020 system on the second hand market in good condition for $300.

The 'amp' is just a small energizer that would most likely be able to stand on top of your 'normal' amp. Not inconvenient or expensive at all if you ask me.

The sound is great compared to similarly priced second hand dynamic headphones. Stax headphones have a unique airiness that makes them sound effortless and transparent to my ears. It's worth trying at least once!

When I bought a Stax SRS-2020 system just out of curiosity (a real bargain at €200), I fell in love with it's sound. My SR-202 happened to have one driver that started performing badly after 10 minutes (the price was too good to be true), so I sold it as a defective product. Then I sold my Beyerdynamic T1 and bought an SRS-4040 Signature system. I'm still very happy with it.

May 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #153,458 of 177,745
The SR2170 is insanely good for the money. You'd have to spend crazy money to "put it in its place." Most of the people here who've heard the Lambdas vs. 007/009 concur that the differences between them aren't immediately evident/aren't worth the money 

May 21, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #153,460 of 177,745
I love having stacks of metallic box with knobs. Looks cool.
Though a pain to keep em.
Sometimes I'm in the mood to use other headphones with diff sig, maybe dats why.
Normally I would borrow my friend's 598 but he's using it often :|

If you mean the STAX system (amp+headphones), used 2170 system could be had for ~600€. Not summit enuf

I would buy airsoft actually, but circumstances make it hard for now. And I know I won't use em much

Looking into what you are going to get for 600euro, it is great.
Looking into the absolute value, still way too much for me -.-

May 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #153,462 of 177,745
One sudden question also came into my mind ( not relavent to anime or headphone ) :

In Europe, almost everyone know English, but it is true that French is more common than English ?
Thx.

Nope.

The most widely spoken mother tongue is German (16%), followed by Italian and English (13% each), French (12%), then Spanish and Polish (8% each).
The five most widely spoken foreign languages remain English (38%), French (12%), German (11%), Spanish (7%) and Russian (5%).

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-12-679_en.htm

May 21, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #153,463 of 177,745
  The SR2170 is insanely good for the money. You'd have to spend crazy money to "put it in its place." Most of the people here who've heard the Lambdas vs. 007/009 concur that the differences between them aren't immediately evident/aren't worth the money 

The Lambdas are the Nissan GTR (R35) of the headphone world. 
tongue.gif

EUR600 is a bit much for them though, the tax/duty is that bad over there huh?

May 21, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #153,464 of 177,745
That's a good simile, you just can't deny the raw performance of the 2170. Can't you guys in EU land just import via Price-Japan?

May 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #153,465 of 177,745
“Save your explanations, I got some questions for you first and you'd better answer them!' [slurred Hellian.]
'With what?' [Banaschar] sneered. 'Explanations?'
'No. Answers. There's a difference-'
'Really? How? What difference?'
'Explanations are what people use when they need to lie. Y'can always tell those,'cause those don't explain nothing and then they look at you like they just cleared things up when really they did the opposite and they know it and you know it and they know you know and you know they know that you know and they know you and you know them and maybe you go out for a pitcher later but who picks up the tab? That's what I want to know.'
'Right, and answers?'
'Answers is what I get when I ask questions. Answers is when you got no choice. I ask, you tell. I ask again, you tell some more. Then I break your fingers, 'cause I don't like what you're telling me, because those answers don't explain nothing!”

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50376702

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50448211

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50484089
It's kawaii, shuddup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back