☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 25, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #5,883 of 5,932

Liquid Carbon Upgrade Package Interest Check

Hi guys!  
smile.gif

A while back, when we announced the second and final run of Liquid Carbons, some of you mentioned that you would be interested in paying the price difference between the first and second runs in order to have your Liquid Carbon 1.0 units upgraded to our newer power stage... not to mention getting in on the bonuses (AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable, Amarra Hi-Fi, and Cavalli Audio tee).

If we offered a special upgrade package that includes:
  1. Liquid Carbon power stage upgrade service
  2. AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable;
  3. Amarra Hi-Fi software; and
  4. Limited-edition Cavalli Audio tee

...and it was priced at $200, would any of y'all be up for that?

Please let me know by posting here as we'd like to see if there is any interest for that, and whether there's enough interest in making it happen production-wise.

Thanks!

P.S. - Apologies to the mods for cross-posting, but the sheer number of Liquid Carbon threads made it difficult to avoid that.  
redface.gif

So I sold my LC 1.0 to acquire the LC 2.0 simply because I needed a lower noise floor out of the SE output. I was sad to hear the Lifetime Warranty was not being carried over to the LC 2.0. So my question is How much would the purchase of a Lifetime Warranty be for the LC 2.0?

May 25, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #5,884 of 5,932
I would go for the package because I have a use for all of the individual pieces, if that is the only option. I would prefer to just be able to do the power supply upgrade on its own, but sure wouldn't mind a nominal additional charge for a T Shirt.

May 25, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #5,885 of 5,932
Upgrade and t-shirt, upgrade and t-shirt!!!

beerchug.gif

May 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #5,886 of 5,932

How does Chord Mojo > Cavalli Liquid Carbon sound like .
Because am thinking of getting CA spark amp for my Mojo?

It's a great pairing. The Mojo is awesome but several headphones don't sound as good straight from it compared to when run through the Liquid Carbon. I haven't done much with the Mojo/Spark but my gut is telling me that the pairing should be awesome as well because the pre-production Spark is one hell of a portable amp.

May 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #5,887 of 5,932
I would be highly interested too!

May 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #5,890 of 5,932
Hey everyone,

How would you compare the LC to a Ray Samuels SR-71B? I currently own the later running a pair of ZMF Omni single ended (for now, going balanced soon).
Would going to a LC improve the sound in any way? Anyone has tried both (balanced vs balanced)? My source would be the Mojo (which pairs great with the LC from what I read).

May 29, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #5,891 of 5,932
I would be interested in the upgrade if it can fix the balanced input -> single ended hum issue without having to plug in extra pair of RCA cables, and just for the upgraded power supply (not power cord or T-shirt or Amarra as I am not a Mac user).

May 29, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #5,892 of 5,932
Hey everyone,

How would you compare the LC to a Ray Samuels SR-71B? I currently own the later running a pair of ZMF Omni single ended (for now, going balanced soon).

Would going to a LC improve the sound in any way? Anyone has tried both (balanced vs balanced)? My source would be the Mojo (which pairs great with the LC from what I read).

The LC is a desktop amp in a transportable chassis. I am seriously doubt that the SR-71B will come close to it. Maybe at driving CIEMs but not on a full-size headphones.

May 29, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5,893 of 5,932
Hey everyone,

The LC is a desktop amp in a transportable chassis. I am seriously doubt that the SR-71B will come close to it. Maybe at driving CIEMs but not on a full-size headphones.

I got the SR-71B used for 400$
What I meant was: would double the price offer double the performance?
I'll be running both balanced. And the SR-71B is pretty capable as a portable. Even running the power hungry HE6 with very good authority and control. I'm tempted to get the LC and compare them both and decide which one to keep

May 29, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #5,894 of 5,932
I got the SR-71B used for 400$
What I meant was: would double the price offer double the performance?
I'll be running both balanced. And the SR-71B is pretty capable as a portable. Even running the power hungry HE6 with very good authority and control. I'm tempted to get the LC and compare them both and decide which one to keep

Always good to try things out like this head-to-head with your own gear to see what works for you. And given that the LC seems to be keeping its value well it's a pretty low-risk option IMO. 

Cheers 

May 29, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #5,895 of 5,932
  Hey everyone,

I had the SR-71A, and it was one of my favorite portable amps.  Had the slightly dark RSA house sound, but very powerful and smooth sound.  LC offers better clarity in the upper registers and sound stage is wider and deeper.  Bass is deep and well controlled on both amps.  LC has better instrument separation.  This is my impression with K10s, LCD-2, and HD600s.  Using the Hugo as the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back