☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #5,852 of 5,932
I've noticed, very infrequently, while using the SE output, that volume level on the channels can be imbalanced.  A little fidgeting with the volume pot re-balances the volume levels on the channels to be normal.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #5,853 of 5,932
No
frown.gif

What's the warranty going to be for the 2nd run?

I've noticed, very infrequently, while using the SE output, that volume level on the channels can be imbalanced.  A little fidgeting with the volume pot re-balances the volume levels on the channels to be normal.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Really wanna press the "buy" on the LC, but gotta say, the myriad of issues its been having is a bit off-putting

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #5,854 of 5,932

Really wanna press the "buy" on the LC, but gotta say, the myriad of issues its been having is a bit off-putting

The issues have been with the first run due to difficulties with the sub-contracted manufacturer. It has the benefit of the lifetime warranty as a result.

I think Cavalli have learned a lot from the experience with the first batch and I would be very surprised if there are similar issues with the second. I certainly would have no hesitation in ordering one. It's clear from the experience of anyone who has had a problem that Cavalli will stand-by their products and resolve any difficulties.

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #5,855 of 5,932

I've had the LC for about 2 weeks and so far, I've only encountered this twice while using my Magnum v6 through the SE.  I don't think it's significant (yet), but if it happens more frequently or on a more permanent basis, I will contact Cavalli to have them resolve the issue, so it's not really a cause for worry in my opinion.  

Speaking of which, since I bought my LC from an original owner (who kept it in meticulous condition, btw), I've contacted Warren to transfer the warranty to myself.  Unfortunately, this was about 10 days ago and I haven't received a reply. :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #5,856 of 5,932
I've had the LC for about 2 weeks and so far, I've only encountered this twice while using my Magnum v6 through the SE.  I don't think it's significant (yet), but if it happens more frequently or on a more permanent basis, I will contact Cavalli to have them resolve the issue, so it's not really a cause for worry in my opinion.  

Speaking of which, since I bought my LC from an original owner (who kept it in meticulous condition, btw), I've contacted Warren to transfer the warranty to myself.  Unfortunately, this was about 10 days ago and I haven't received a reply. :frowning2:

Warren's been doing AXPONA and now he's getting ready for the Tokyo show, so he might be a little delayed responding to emails. I'd give him some time. I'm sure I'll get to it for you.

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #5,857 of 5,932
Warren's been doing AXPONA and now he's getting ready for the Tokyo show, so he might be a little delayed responding to emails. I'd give him some time. I'm sure I'll get to it for you.

Ah, thanks for the info.  I'm in no rush (unless of course, something goes terribly wrong).  

Also, until now, I've been using my m9xx as the DAC feeding my LC, and it's been pretty damn good.  However, I'm about to receive a non-MB Gungnir tomorrow and can barely contain myself!  Does anyone have any experience with this particular combo?

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5,858 of 5,932

Warranty will be one year. IIRC, Warren has said they'll keep an eye on this run to see how it goes and they may extend it.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #5,859 of 5,932

That's normal.  Most volume pots have channel imbalance near 0.  Turn it up a bit more and everything should be centered.  Use low gain for more volume range and to stay out of the channel imbalance zone.  

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #5,860 of 5,932
This may be redundant, but I have had reliable email reply by using info@cavalliaudio.com

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #5,861 of 5,932
  That's normal.  Most volume pots have channel imbalance near 0.  Turn it up a bit more and everything should be centered.  Use low gain for more volume range and to stay out of the channel imbalance zone.  

I had no idea about this.  I never ran into this issue with the m9xx, which I never ran near 0.  The funny part, though, is that I was using low gain at the times this happened.  But I'm glad it's a normal thing; at least I know how to avoid this now.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #5,862 of 5,932
I had no idea about this.  I never ran into this issue with the m9xx, which I never ran near 0.  The funny part, though, is that I was using low gain at the times this happened.  But I'm glad it's a normal thing; at least I know how to avoid this now.

The M9XX has a stepped digital volume attenuator. There should never be a channel imbalance issue with a stepped attenuator, much less one that is digitally controlled.

May 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #5,863 of 5,932
Currently have a m9xx wit the intention of buying an HD 800 S. Was thinking of upgrading to the hdvd 800 black once it comes out but if I could save money, I was thinking of settling with the Liquid Carbon and M9xx for endgame. Would pairing with the m9xx be an upgrade or more of a side grade? I'm also okay with buying another dac but that depends how well this set up fares.

May 2, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #5,864 of 5,932
  Currently have a m9xx wit the intention of buying an HD 800 S. Was thinking of upgrading to the hdvd 800 black once it comes out but if I could save money, I was thinking of settling with the Liquid Carbon and M9xx for endgame. Would pairing with the m9xx be an upgrade or more of a side grade? I'm also okay with buying another dac but that depends how well this set up fares.

I've used the m9XX while feeding it into the Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon. While I felt the m9XX on its own was quite good with the HD800, I most definitely felt the Liquid Carbon was an upgrade.

Not sure about the Sennheiser amplifier. That is to say, I have heard the current 800 amplifier (not black). But I did not hear it at the same time as the Liquid Carbon. The Sennheiser amplifier was certainly good - the local member was questioning its quality. And I definitely recommended he keep it, as a nice solid state option. It sounds best out of the balanced output, similar to the Carbon. But I could not say (especially not hearing both at the same time, or with the same music) how the two would compare. And I'm still suspect of the high output impedance of the Sennheiser amplifier.

Based on what I know, from my own listening experience, m9XX used as a DAC and feeding the Liquid Carbon is an upgrade versus the m9XX alone. The DAC in the m9XX is definitely worthy of being used to feed the Liquid Carbon.

May 24, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #5,865 of 5,932

Liquid Carbon Upgrade Package Interest Check

Hi guys!  
smile.gif

A while back, when we announced the second and final run of Liquid Carbons, some of you mentioned that you would be interested in paying the price difference between the first and second runs in order to have your Liquid Carbon 1.0 units upgraded to our newer power stage... not to mention getting in on the bonuses (AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable, Amarra Hi-Fi, and Cavalli Audio tee).

If we offered a special upgrade package that includes:
  1. Liquid Carbon power stage upgrade service
  2. AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable;
  3. Amarra Hi-Fi software; and
  4. Limited-edition Cavalli Audio tee

...and it was priced at $200, would any of y'all be up for that?

Please let me know by posting here as we'd like to see if there is any interest for that, and whether there's enough interest in making it happen production-wise.

Thanks!

P.S. - Apologies to the mods for cross-posting, but the sheer number of Liquid Carbon threads made it difficult to avoid that.  
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back