☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 13, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #5,356 of 5,932
Some posters seem to feel that Dr. Alex or Cavalli Audio ' s reputation has been wounded in some way. Bah! Except for a relatively short delay, the amps have been delivered and have outperformed everyone's expectations. Are there any undelivered stragglers? Most of the blame can rest on Fedex. So Alex has had to suffer through delivery delays and doing some repair on some naughty amps. Par for the course. Big deal! So I am now looking at all Cavalli Audio products. I bet everyone else here has at least had a peek. I'm up for the next project.

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #5,357 of 5,932
Some posters seem to feel that Dr. Alex or Cavalli Audio ' s reputation has been wounded in some way. Bah! Except for a relatively short delay, the amps have been delivered and have outperformed everyone's expectations. Are there any undelivered stragglers? Most of the blame can rest on Fedex. So Alex has had to suffer through delivery delays and doing some repair on some naughty amps. Par for the course. Big deal! So I am now looking at all Cavalli Audio products. I bet everyone else here has at least had a peek. I'm up for the next project.

No way has his reputation been wounded in my eyes. I feel privileged to have one and can't wait for his portable to be released.

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #5,358 of 5,932
I checked out the site out of curiosity as well, seems the only thing not soils out at the moment is the $4k Liquid Gold, a bit rich for my blood atm.

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #5,359 of 5,932
I checked out the site out of curiosity as well, seems the only thing not soils out at the moment is the $4k Liquid Gold, a bit rich for my blood atm.

Thank god its a lot more expensive when compared to the LC. If it was only a bit more you'll always end up convincing yourself you need to upgrade. Like how I'm convincing myself right now I need to upgrade to an Ether/Ether C because my LCD2 is heavy all of a sudden. damn.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #5,361 of 5,932
what i am doing is: ipad left on with a charger + LC on low gain , volume pot 11-12 clock , music on (album repeat) 

and will leave it like this till it complete 150 hours

no headphones need  to be plugged in, so the burn in covers the whole amp, not just SE or Balanced. 

make sure the auto shut down is off on the ipad. 

I did a similar thing, but left headphones plugged in balanced and also used the 3x gain setting, thinking more of the amp would be used. Completed 150 hours and it's sounding great...really seemed to improve most after about 100 hours, but that could more be my brain.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #5,362 of 5,932

I would rather buy Crimson or Glass I think.

From looking at the site, everything else is sold out, you'd need to find a used one.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #5,364 of 5,932
Cool, it's only $2,850...

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #5,366 of 5,932
True dat, and if it was a bit less civilized, you could be selling someone else's...:D

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #5,367 of 5,932
True dat, and if it was a bit less civilized, you could be selling someone else's...
biggrin.gif

Made me laugh out loud. Gotta admit, that sounds preferable to selling my own.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #5,368 of 5,932
  May i ask one who knows,what is the best way to burn the LC in?any suggestions?....can it simply be left plugged in and on or do i have to have music play through it?

Play music, unplug headphones.  As per Alex.  I believe its in the pdf manual....

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #5,369 of 5,932
I know you luck LC owners get that a lot. But I have been reading in that thread for a while now and would absolutely love to own one. So if anyone is looking to sell his to a fellow head-fier from EU shoot me a message :)
Otherwise enjoy your great great gear! :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #5,370 of 5,932
I don
Play music, unplug headphones.  As per Alex.  I believe its in the pdf manual....
i doubt leaving a headphones plug in would hurt the burn in either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back