☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #5,161 of 5,932
  Did you ever get this issue resolved?  My LC, with about 70-80 hours burn-in, has started to do the same thing (along with static in the right channel), but only on the balanced output. SE output is fine.

I've just emailed Cavalli, but curious as to how your problem was addressed.  Thanks.

I just sent mine back to Cavalli today for repairs. I contacted Cavalli though their support address, and Dr. Cavalli answered the email. After a couple of back and forth emails for more information, he told me to send it back, and he'll fix it.

Headphones: Balanced HE560s. Never tried SE outputs on the Carbon.

Mine did a similar thing after the full burn-in period. Up to then, the amp was excellent and the background was silent at ear splitting levels (past 1 oclock at 1x and 12 oclock at 3x). There was some noise but even at max volume, it was very low. At the time of the problem, I was trying to find the point at 1x that was about the same loudness as 3x when there was a sudden change in the channel balance at zero volume that affected both inputs at 1x and 3x gain. I also had hiss in only the right channel but only under balanced INPUT and only at 3x gain. SE input was noiseless on 1x and 3x gain up to ear splitting levels. Balanced input was noiseless at 1x gain up to ear splitting levels.

So I only had unusual hiss on the right channel at 3x gain with balanced input selected. The unusual hiss DECREASED as the volume was increased...

From what I heard, the SE (RCA) and Balanced inputs are remarkably close to my ears. I expected night and day and that was not the case. I did not have enough time to really compare them, though.

Now I'm back to my AV receiver and something is missing...
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #5,162 of 5,932
I just sent mine back to Cavalli today for repairs. I contacted Cavalli though their support address, and Dr. Cavalli answered the email. After a couple of back and forth emails for more information, he told me to send it back, and he'll fix it.

Headphones: Balanced HE560s. Never tried SE outputs on the Carbon.

Mine did a similar thing after the full burn-in period. Up to then, the amp was excellent and the background was silent at ear splitting levels (past 1 oclock at 1x and 12 oclock at 3x). There was some noise but even at max volume, it was very low. At the time of the problem, I was trying to find the point at 1x that was about the same loudness as 3x when there was a sudden change in the channel balance at zero volume that affected both inputs at 1x and 3x gain. I also had hiss in only the right channel but only under balanced INPUT and only at 3x gain. SE input was noiseless on 1x and 3x gain up to ear splitting levels. Balanced input was noiseless at 1x gain up to ear splitting levels.

So I only had unusual hiss on the right channel at 3x gain with balanced input selected. The unusual hiss DECREASED as the volume was increased...

From what I heard, the SE (RCA) and Balanced inputs are remarkably close to my ears. I expected night and day and that was not the case. I did not have enough time to really compare them, though.

Now I'm back to my AV receiver and something is missing...:frowning2:

I am serial #258. How about you two folks? Maybe it's random or limited to a small batch (I hope)?

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #5,164 of 5,932
Serial # 487, still sitting on "Label Created".

Do I really have to call Cavalli/FedEx to harass them or will this thing get shipped eventually? It's been two weeks since we first got the shipping notice and there's been zero communication/movement since then. 
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #5,165 of 5,932
Maybe these guys have shut down for Christmas and will only open up after new years?

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #5,166 of 5,932
  Serial # 487, still sitting on "Label Created".

Do I really have to call Cavalli/FedEx to harass them or will this thing get shipped eventually? It's been two weeks since we first got the shipping notice and there's been zero communication/movement since then. 
confused.gif

I talked to Terry (Cavalli's logistic person) and she said that the fulfillment center may not have shipped all the amp out.  They continued to not providing her with any update.  I'm in the same boat as you with #479 and I doubt that we can do anything but wait.  I personally am not happy but let's just hope that the amp will get here eventually safe and sound.  If we are lucky, we may get the amp by the end of next week with all the bad weather going on in the Midwest. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #5,168 of 5,932
can i check if anyone has any idea on how does Cavalli Audio deal with warranty shipping ? 

Understand that the owner of the product will have to ship the product to Cavali Audio, but what about the cost of shipping it back to the owner ? 

Does Cavali Audio cover it or does the owner cover it ? 

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #5,170 of 5,932
Out of curiosity did you ship FedEx overnight?  As #489, I got mine on the 24th.  Since FedEx Ground and Home Delivery are separate from the overnight services I wonder if I just got lucky going with the fastest delivery option.  Otherwise, mine was randomly picked out of the pile and put on the truck.  I received a notice on the 23rd that package was going to be delivered on the 24th.  Label created 6 days earlier. 

Quote:
  I talked to Terry (Cavalli's logistic person) and she said that the fulfillment center may not have shipped all the amp out.  They continued to not providing her with any update.  I'm in the same boat as you with #479 and I doubt that we can do anything but wait.  I personally am not happy but let's just hope that the amp will get here eventually safe and sound.  If we are lucky, we may get the amp by the end of next week with all the bad weather going on in the Midwest. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,171 of 5,932
  hey i called fedex (local) and fedex (USA) ,  Cavali Audio didn't hand my amp to begin with....... and Terry was for a whole week telling me he was contacting fedex but no reply....

then fedex confirmed to me that the package isn't there to begin with....

i asked Terry about it and he said " I think that the manufacturer might still have the amps"

seriously....... like seriously........... i don't care about the delay right now, i care about honesty and accurate information......... if a staff member for a whole week telling me he is contacting fedex, and don't know if the amps are not there to begin with....  then tell me oh.. maybe the amps are not there!!!  

then for the whole week what was fedex telling him?  sound too fishy for me right now

if there was a dely he should know and he should tell me.... why dodging the truth and making me call fedex for a week... why...

now i sent him a message asking for the shipping speed and address to be changed to Dubai (since Fedex don't have the amp), i think they should respond and try to help

but i assume they gonna keep dodging and won't allow me to change the speed or shipping address even that the amp is with cavali audio

Serial #499 (last 25 amps) 

i can't even use my new cables...... which took 18 weeks to be made.... 

What's surprising is that I am SN 494 and my amp was picked up on 23 December and shows delivery to be scheduled on 31 December and we chose the same shipping option. It's about 280 miles away on the map at the moment, so maybe the amp will reach SnS NY today!

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #5,172 of 5,932
 I just received my LC from fedex today, shipped on 12/18.  Single ended output works great, but I'm not getting anything via balanced out.  I'm using a Charlston balanced cable with my Ethers.  The button on the far right is an input selector, right?  So if my source is connected via rca's then the single ended mode should be selected for balanced out, correct?

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5,173 of 5,932
   I just received my LC from fedex today, shipped on 12/18.  Single ended output works great, but I'm not getting anything via balanced out.  I'm using a Charlston balanced cable with my Ethers.  The button on the far right is an input selector, right?  So if my source is connected via rca's then the single ended mode should be selected for balanced out, correct?

From what I understand both outputs should work at the same time, correct me if I'm wrong. So if your input is via RCA, the extreme right LED should be red.

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #5,174 of 5,932
  I just received my LC from FedEx today, shipped on 12/18.  Single ended output works great, but I'm not getting anything via balanced out.  I'm using a Charlston balanced cable with my Ethers.  The button on the far right is an input selector, right?  So if my source is connected via rca's then the single ended mode should be selected for balanced out, correct?

Correct - all outputs, both balanced and single-ended, are active at all times.

Have you used these cables in another balanced amplifier?

EDIT: I'm actually a little confused by what you stated, but all outputs are active at all times.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #5,175 of 5,932
That's what I thought.  But I'm still not getting any sound via the balanced xlr output.  I'm trying to troubleshoot to see if my cable (recent purchase) is the problem, but unfortunately I got no other balanced cables on hand for my ethers.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back